Tips for Marigot Embarkation

Mrs_Tiki

Hello,

Tiki_Man's more obsessive compulsive half here!  We are looking forward to boarding SDII is Marigot on Saturday, but have never sailed from this port before.  (Our 2017 Thanksgiving cruise was rerouted to sail from Antigua due to Hurricane Irma.)

Do any of you SD veterans have any pro tips for us?  We will be staying at Sonesta Ocean Point, so will taxi over to Marigot, but where to go from there?

Many thanks in advance!

Mary 

Hi Mrs Tiki.  It has been several years since we embarked SD in Marigot but, since no one more recent has replied, I'll give it a go.  SD uses tenders to embark at Marigot.  There is a small dock area and a large marina right in the center of the town.  Usually lots of tents set up for a market and the dock is right behind them.  All cabbies will know where to take you so no worries there.   As usual SD will have plenty of help to get you and your 18 pieces of matched luggage aboard. 😳  Hope this helps.🍸😎

4 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Hi Mrs Tiki.  It has been several years since we embarked SD in Marigot but, since no one more recent has replied, I'll give it a go.  SD uses tenders to embark at Marigot.  There is a small dock area and a large marina right in the center of the town.  Usually lots of tents set up for a market and the dock is right behind them.  All cabbies will know where to take you so no worries there.   As usual SD will have plenty of help to get you and your 18 pieces of matched luggage aboard. 😳  Hope this helps.🍸😎

Jim, Thanks for the insight.  Should be an interesting embarkation via tenders.  Not a big deal to us, just different.  I didn't know if they could possibly tie up to the end Quay at the opening of the circle in Marigot harbor, guess not.  Oh well, get a little "free" sailing in even before we come on board.

We are wheels up in less than 24 hours.  87% packed and a little bit of work to finish up, then on to SeaDream.

Cheers

We disembarked at Marigot earlier this month at the conclusion of the Transatlantic voyage.  The ship docked at the port so tenders were not required.  I can't describe the location of the port but agree with Jim that taxi drivers should know.  Also, I'd think that the pre-cruise information provided by SeaDream should include the port embarkation information.  Have a great trip!

Edited by ctbjr1309

It probably won't be an issue, but the one time we were supposed to disembark at Marigot, the high winds and seas prevented us from getting in there, and we disembarked on the Dutch side.  As advised, I'm sure the taxi drivers will know where the yacht is.  Have a great trip.

Waking up at Sonesta Ocean Point, a wonderful facility.  Beautiful sunrise and very calm seas.  So fun to watch the planes take off and land yesterday from our pool.  

Depending on internet I will try to give updates

Cheers

The Tikis

20191123_053406.jpg