Sorry if this is already a topic

rookieonvacation

First time as a 2a 1c family on a cruise. What I hope to do here is maybe help the next person along with myself find some direction or option when landing in Orlando MCO airport and having to choose a hotel and shuttle (when not opting to use a rental car). Our cruise is out of Port Canaveral. We will be looking for something overnight before the cruise. Perhaps dealing with the Hotel for all our needs(shuttle from the airport and shuttle to the port). One option that I did come across was Cruise Control Transportaion for what I believe was $14 a person to shuttle to the port. I did throw the same question on Trip Advisor with one helpful hit. In a nutshell , you will not get a shuttle for free unless it is packed into the hotel price. So I guess that would be going through the Cruise Package….

Thank you to Orlando_Vic previously

Again sorry if this question has been posted recently

Howdy rookieonvacation and welcome to Cruise Critic! emo22.gif

Since your first post concerns decisions you have to make regarding Orlando and Port Canaveral, I have moved your thread to the Florida Departures forum where it will be on-topic. That is where you will find information for Florida hotel, transportation, dining & embarkation. Now that you are here on this new forum, please browse through the other thread titles here looking for those related to your inquiry. You may find your fellow Cruise Critic members may have already posted questions and received answers regarding your inquiry. Also, some of your fellow Cruise Critic members that live in the area frequent this forum and will be able to help you.

Cruise Critic is a great resource and we are so glad you found us! emo34.gif  Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community list. Read a few threads in various forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads on the top of the first page of threads in a forum. You will find very important instructions or information there.

Please remember the following stated in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free memberships:

Browse Before You Post
Browse a topic first to see if your question has already been asked or answered by someone else. Also, many of the major cruise lines forums have a FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) topic that has been created by our members. Give that a try first. Browsing is your #1 best resource! Please post your messages in an appropriate topic so that you'll receive the best possible response. It is very time consuming to move misplaced messages that are in the wrong topics.

Anytime you want to start a new thread on any forum, make sure you are on the correct forum for your topic. Word your new thread title in a way to help the members know exactly the information you seek. This greatly helps the members scrolling through the thread titles and if they know the information they will reply to you. It is best to limit each inquiry to only one topic or concerning one cruise line, ship, port of call, etc. and of course, on the correct forum. emo3.gif  You will get more replies that way. Be sure to mention your cruise line, ship, port or sail date in your inquiry if it will help the members to be able to answer you.

For finding fellow Cruise Critic members sailing with you on your cruise, please read What is a Roll Call? Everything you Need to Know and How To: Create A New Roll Call . Please note tour share requests may only be posted on the Roll Call thread for your cruise sail date and in no other forum.

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to go to our Member Cruise Reviews section and submit your review for publication!

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful to a new member and so glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• Thanks 1

What we've (family group of 6 adults 4 kids) opted to do for our May 2020 cruise. Landing at MCO late afternoon (4:30pm) use the free hotel shuttle to get to our Orlando hotel Hilton Doubletree...several restaurants within walking distance....next day cruise day use Cruise Control from hotel to Port Canaveral and on the return use them again to get back to MCO for our flight home

Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise.

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the boards! 😎

Besides the options listed above, check out Go Port Canaveral, with several options for hotels and shuttles includeed in a package price - includes hotels near MCO that are good for late arrivals as well as hotels close to the port.

Or find your own hotel near MCO (lots to choose from) and then reach out to either Cortrans or Cocoa Beach shuttle (these two are the  most often suggested options between MCO and PC) - or just use Uber or Lyft for about $60+ for the car.

Have a great cruise! 😀

• Thanks 1

If you would like to see a wonderful Vlog on YouTube regarding Go Port Canaveral, check out Cruise Tips TV. Sherry recently did a review of the program. Not sure the cost but am sure you can goggle that information. Good luck and have a great cruise.

• Thanks 1