B2B Cruises

Diane Rose

After several cruises, we are doing our first B2B on the Reflection.  I thought that we are eligible for dollars off or cruise credit from Celebrity.  Does anyone what we get and how to get this?  We booked through an agent.  Thanks for your help.

Diane

16 minutes ago, Diane Rose said:

After several cruises, we are doing our first B2B on the Reflection.  I thought that we are eligible for dollars off or cruise credit from Celebrity.  Does anyone what we get and how to get this?  We booked through an agent.  Thanks for your help.

Diane

Have your TA contact Celebrity.  The discount is $50/cabin for shorter cruises and $100 for longer cruises.  I think the cut-off is 9 days.  Should not be an issue.  Enjoy your cruises

YDR7-B2B Discount Savings   Is the code that shows as a line item on my invoice from Celebrity with $100 credit applied to passenger 1 on each cruise.   This is on a 10 and 11 night sailing.   7 day - 9 day is $50.   Less than 7 there is no discount.

The cruises have to be linked together as B2B then it can take a few days for the codes to be applied.  You TA should handle all this for you.

16 minutes ago, Diane Rose said:

Thanks.  I have emailed her.  I don’t get the Celebrity invoice, just the Agency invoice.  Should I be concerned?

Diane

Some agencies don't like to give you the Celebrity "Guest Invoice" but it never hurts to ask them for it.

11 minutes ago, Diane Rose said:

She got back to me and she did try.  Apparently, too many promotions applied to get this discount.  Anyone else ever get this response?

Diane

No that's not a valid response.  It's not a promotion it's a discount.  She needs to try again

2 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I won't work with agents that won't send me the Celebrity booking invoice.

I have a good relationship with this agent and the agency invoice does clearly spell out what I'm getting so it's not an issue for me.  He treats me very well.

7 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I have a good relationship with this agent and the agency invoice does clearly spell out what I'm getting so it's not an issue for me.  He treats me very well.

Whatever makes you happy.  I'm used to the Celebrity invoice, so I insist on that.  If they want to send me their TA invoice, I don't care.

3 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Whatever makes you happy.  I'm used to the Celebrity invoice, so I insist on that.  If they want to send me their TA invoice, I don't care.

I always want my Celebrity invoice so that, if I have any issues on board like not getting the OBC etc, I can point them to their invoice. It is an easy fix if you have their invoice with you, although I do not think that I ever received this from our TA for our recently completed MSC cruise despite asking numerous times for it.

I need to pay our February cruises next week and that will be the first thing I want before they get the cash! 

41 minutes ago, Diane Rose said:

She got back to me and she did try.  Apparently, too many promotions applied to get this discount.  Anyone else ever get this response?

Diane

Never.  It sounds like you do not have a very motivated TA.  Call the TA and tell him/her to try again.

2 hours ago, Diane Rose said:

Thanks.  I have emailed her.  I don’t get the Celebrity invoice, just the Agency invoice.  Should I be concerned?

You  should have received your "Guest Copy" of the Celebrity invoice.

When you use a travel agent, Celebrity sends your copy to your travel agent and the travel agent is supposed to send it to you.

The travel agent may send you the travel agency's own invoice as well, but the Celebrity invoice is the official document that shows what Celebrity Cruises actually has on record for your account.

A new updated invoice is issued whenever you make a payment or any kind of change.

The most recent copy will have the highest number.

The issue date and copy number appear in the upper right hand corner.

Your travel agent is supposed to send you your "Guest Copy" every time an updated version is issued by Celebrity, but sometimes they may forget to do so.

If your agent refuses to send you your copy of the official Celebrity invoice after you request it, that is when I would become concerned.

Edited by varoo

2 hours ago, Diane Rose said:

Diane

No.  That is a ridiculous and invalid excuse.

It is a B2B discount that should appear on your "Guest Copy" of the Celebrity invoice and it has nothing to do with other promotions.

Personally, I think it would be nice if Celebrity would also provide a free bag of laundry for B2B cruisers during the second and subsequent cruises :) We're doing a B2B2B on the Summit starting Jan 14th, and having a bit of free laundry would be a nice little perk since they don't have self serve laundry services on their ships. But oh well... first world problems. LOL!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Diane Rose said:

Diane

I agree with everyone else one this... we also have multiple promotion codes on our upcoming B2B's, but we still have the B2B discount code for each one in addition to the 4 or 5 other codes.  I'm suspecting your agent is either lazy or hiding discounts for personal profit... either way, I'd be looking for a new agent.

5 minutes ago, nunuc2000 said:

Personally, I think it would be nice if Celebrity would also provide a free bag of laundry for B2B cruisers during the second and subsequent cruises :) We're doing a B2B2B on the Summit starting Jan 14th, and having a bit of free laundry would be a nice little perk since they don't have self serve laundry services on their ships. But oh well... first world problems. LOL!

We have taken a lot of B2B cruises and on some of them the Hotel Director did provide a coupon for a free bag of laundry to all the B2B passengers.

But apparently that is at the discretion of the Hotel Director you happen to get, not  standard company policy.

Just now, varoo said:

We have taken a lot of B2B cruises and on some of them the Hotel Director did provide a coupon for a free bag of laundry to all the B2B passengers.

But apparently that is at the discretion of the Hotel Director you happen to get, not  standard company policy.

Well here's hoping we might finally luck out with that! LOL!!  We've never been the lucky recipients of that, but one can hope! :)

24 minutes ago, nunuc2000 said:

Well here's hoping we might finally luck out with that! LOL!!  We've never been the lucky recipients of that, but one can hope! 🙂

Are you a Captain's Club member?  They do offer laundry discounts each cruise.  🙂

6 minutes ago, nunuc2000 said:

Only a lowly Select member... but someday we'll climb to the top of the pile! LOL!!

Well, it does say Select gets two items pressed free.  Also, Select gets discounted bag of laundry for 12 nights or longer.   You might swing it. 😊