B2B Cruises

Diane Rose

You absolutely should get the B2B discount.  There are no excuses and doesn’t matter what promos or perks you have.  You also should always have the Celebrity invoice.  My travel agent sends me an updated invoice from Celebrity after every change.  It’s assisted me in many circumstances.  

6 hours ago, Diane Rose said:

After several cruises, we are doing our first B2B on the Reflection.  I thought that we are eligible for dollars off or cruise credit from Celebrity.  Does anyone what we get and how to get this?  We booked through an agent.  Thanks for your help.

Diane

Our agent told me that they were unable to offer the B2B discount on top of their normal discount.  They told me that I should book directly with Celebrity and tell them that I wished to transfer the booking to them then I would be able to maximise the discount. Celebrity U.K. gave me £100 discount for each cruise.

Edited by mickey89

7 minutes ago, mickey89 said:

Our agent told me that they were unable to offer the B2B discount on top of their normal discount.  They told me that I should book directly with Celebrity and tell them that I wished to transfer the booking to them then I would be able to maximise the discount. Celebrity U.K. gave me £100 discount for each cruise.

Can't speak to how it works in UK as I am in US.  Different rules.  In US, you absolutely get the B2B discount and if your TA is refusing to get it for you, it's time to take your booking back and find a TA who will work for you.

I am late to this discussion, but since we live in the middle of Alaska and fly to embarkation ports we almost always do B2B, B2B2B and B2B2B2B series.  With few exceptions the air fare is the essentially the same whether we are on the ship for 14 nights or 45 nights.  That being said, we have NEVER been told that we were ineligible for the B2B discount because of having other perks or promotion offers on the booking.  I also think that Diane Rose is eligible for the discount.

21 hours ago, Diane Rose said:

Well I did get the Celebrity invoices when I asked for them.  I will followup on the B2B discount.  Thank you for the help.

Diane

It should appear like this on your emailed invoice (Mine is in CAD dollars, so my amounts are reflective of that, i.e. $60 instead of $50):

image.thumb.png.5a45b56b4d096448565a86eb4f7fd16d.png

I was doing a booking recently aboard and asked for the B2B discount.   I was told in order to be applied the two cruises must be linked to the same agent (if using an agent).    I chose not to have applied at that time as I did not link it to my existing reservation (not sure if I will use the agent depending on perks they may or may not offer).     I was told if I use the same agent she will be able to apply the B2B OBC even though I have a load of all perks and lots of OBC from booking aboard.

All the agents I use give me a copy of the Celebrity Invoice and all payments are processed through Celebrity.   I would also fee uncomfortable if my agent would not give me a copy of the Celebrity Confirmation.