Vietnam Private Tour Company/ Passport

SF

I am on a private tour in of Halong Bay next October through Travel Authentic Asia.  I would be very uncomfortable sending them a copy of my passport, but luckily, they did not require it.  What they did require was:

Please advise your passport information: Names on passport, nationality, date of birth and expiry date (you can skip the passport number if you do not feel comfortable to send it).  

32 minutes ago, woldridge said:

I am on a private tour in of Halong Bay next October through Travel Authentic Asia.  I would be very uncomfortable sending them a copy of my passport, but luckily, they did not require it.  What they did require was:

Please advise your passport information: Names on passport, nationality, date of birth and expiry date (you can skip the passport number if you do not feel comfortable to send it).  

That is the same tour company we are using so I guess we'll get in touch with them again and clarify. 

• Like 1

If a independent  tour company enters the port and picked you up dockside or tender side then you need to supply the information. If on a ships tour they provide the information to the port for you.  The port also charges a fee to the tour operators in Phu My and Nha Trang it is USD$30 per person. Many independent tour operators set up your pickup just outside the port gates, and therefore no passport required and no added fee. 

We have used Pham Tours for HCMC (Phy My) and Nha Trang several times they pick up outside the port and do not require any ID or even deposits, you pay once you are on the tour. 

Edited by Expat Cruise