My Cunard site (VP)

Titch77

Aware lots of issues been noted with this. 

First time I’ve logged in for a couple of weeks and distinctly different layout/look

Should I be worried that it has “no information” under my World Club membership section?

is it a glitch that will correct in due course or do I need to speak to Cunard?

Just logged into the Cunard Website Home to the Booked Guest Tab.

The Booked Guest Tab directed me a new style log in VP page with the same information as the old one to fill in.

After filling in the information and after awhile I was directed to the Old VP Style page to refill in the same information.

After filling in the same information again and quite sometime of a wait I was directed to the VP regular seen Home Page.

I was able to navigate thru the different information and tabs as usual.

I've received links to the new My Cunard site as I'm travelling in 90 days. My world club info is also missing - the site requires you to go to your personal information section of the site and fill in ('confirm') your personal details including World Club number. It wouldn't accept the number I found for the WC - I might have got the WC number wrong as the only reliable place I know to find it is in the old VP which I assume is now defunct.

They're clearly still working on the site - most excursions don't have detailed information; you can't change some other incorrect information but I assume these glitches will be ironed out shortly.

I am trying to access our next cruise booking to print out boarding tickets, but it comes up unable to validate. Tried a few times, double checked information a few times, but no way in.

Ha anyone else had this issue?

I've noticed that after I enter booking number and personal info it attempts to load from cunard.co.uk even though I'm in the US. I wonder whether that's a reason why I'm not getting in (although I see that people in the UK are also having issues). I'm happy that I saved my e-ticket and luggage tags to my Google Drive before the changeover began.

• Like 1

The annoying thing for me is that previously my browser kept my reference number and surname. But not anymore and I have to look up the reference number and type this and surname in every time now.

Also, I can't see my room number anywhere. Glad I printed the itinerary page off while we still had the old style VP.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Underwatr said:

I've noticed that after I enter booking number and personal info it attempts to load from cunard.co.uk even though I'm in the US. I wonder whether that's a reason why I'm not getting in (although I see that people in the UK are also having issues). I'm happy that I saved my e-ticket and luggage tags to my Google Drive before the changeover began.

After filling in differing login pages, I managed to get a P&O UK login page (never cruised with them).

Not sure this is totally a Cunard stuff up.

I'm pretty sure Cunard shares a lot of back-end systems with Princess in the US and P&O in the UK. Carnival Cruise line has all their own, as does HAL right now, I believe.

And if a Cunard page sends you to P&O by mistake, it's still a Cunard problem.

4 hours ago, Docker123 said:

After filling in differing login pages, I managed to get a P&O UK login page (never cruised with them).

Not sure this is totally a Cunard stuff up.

There's some shared IT at play among the Carnival UK family, I think. 

19 hours ago, david,Mississauga said:

I have  to wonder if Cunard actually pays their IT people to mess up so often. Much of the information on my wife's page appears to be in Latin. Thankfully our booked voyages are a long way off. Perhaps Cunard can find a 10-year-old who can fix things by then.

Does that Latin include the phrase "Lorem Ipsum?" If so, that is placeholder text that has been used in publishing since (about?) the 1950's. Basically, it is a deliberately corrupted version of Cicero text designed to look like real words, but mean nothing. Publishers have used it as a means of evaluating form and format without having to use actual words.

Evidently, Web developers adhere to that tradition, as I have seen it numerous times on pages under development. .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExArkie said:

Does that Latin include the phrase "Lorem Ipsum?" If so, that is placeholder text that has been used in publishing since (about?) the 1950's. Basically, it is a deliberately corrupted version of Cicero text designed to look like real words, but mean nothing. Publishers have used it as a means of evaluating form and format without having to use actual words.

It just occurred to me - why are areas with "Greeked text" usually filled with Latin??

Just had another go.

Still having issues with this.  The "new" page takes me to the old one, which takes me back to the new version.  

I have not managed to get into the voyage planner for over a week.   I would like to have access before I sail in January!!

Goodness. It has changed hasn't it. I can access all our bookings on the VP but once in, the pages are a little confusing to me. I do hope the site won't need a VP degree to navigate. For instance,  when looking at the date for evening dress code information, it says ''see packing for your holiday''page. Well I would if I could find the pages! Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

Hopefully, the site will eventually contain actual readable information.  The dates which specify  '''port day'' as opposed to ''sea day'' have an almost unreadable  mishmash of a port description at the moment.

One gets the impression this is an incomplete job and the transition is a work in progress. Maybe the transition should have been completed when the work was finished.

Edited by Victoria2

3 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Goodness. It has changed hasn't it.

One gets the impression this is an incomplete job and the transition is a work in progress. Maybe the transition should have been completed when the work was finished.

Victoria2,

I totally agree with changes are very visible.

I do miss the previous VP which worked but could have just been modified for additional needs. 

Recently was able to enter the new VP setup and WOW the changes of items missing and incomplete that has to be addressed.

Some information is piece meal and needs to be more clearly displayed.

Granted I do hope as you said, still in transition and needs to be completed and finished.

Glad we have till next June for our sailing for this site to settle in.

Yes it still seems to be a complete mess.  I just tried to go from the email from Cunard to the link which directs to the new MyCunard site - but entering the credentials then directs to the old site, which then fails to login.  It would be a lot more considerate to the passengers to simply make the old site work as it was, and the the company designing the new site to test it properly offline, with sample passenger data, with 'test passenger logins', and try out as many features are possible until they are sure it works before releasing it to the passengers. It has been a chaotic mess for too long now.  

An interesting observation - I had been using the chrome browser - but decided to try to do the same with the firefox browser - going to the new My Cunard site and trying to login it redirected me to the old VP site - but I was indeed able to log in to the old VP with the firefox browser where it wouldn't do it at all with the chrome browser. So it is possible that the server code works for some browsers but not others!  Also some people may be using Apple browsers instead.

In addition it is also possible that the developers of the new site have got some customer logins not working but others have correct data - and it is possible that they may have to work through fixing some of the sets of customer data manually! However other than getting generic information from Cunard that they are aware the new site isn't working, they presumably don't know the full extent of the server code problems from the developers. However it would be nice to have a good estimate about when the new site will actually work!

Hurrah!  The idea of using Firefox was a good one.  I had to go round three times between the new and old login pages but eventually ended up on the VP page.

One benefit of all this is that I now have the booking reference etched in my memory.  I never need to look it up now having entered it so many times!