Bar soap going Buh Bye

CruisinFinsUp

Colo Cruiser is on Sky and reported that there is now liquid hand soap in cabins. 

So I tweeted Princess enquiring about this as I have a sensitivity in my family to most liquid soaps (hands get red and raw) and received a reply that bar soap is being eliminated fleet wide and I should pack my own.  

Just passing the info along.  

085838C4-44CD-4F3B-84A0-6D5E79DF6CA4.jpeg

96B693AB-C2A2-47B3-92DB-17DB7E67E765.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As a relatively limited number of Princess pax are here on CC, I would hope that Princess will find a way to notify ALL pax of this change ... spelled out clearly so everyone knows to bring their own preferred soap, such as a bar or two.

Isn't like the bar soap is a single-use plastic item that Princess is phasing out.

Edited by pms4104

I thought I'd heard this some time ago, but still found bar soap in cabin. Wonder if Steward will supply it on request. We have a net bag on a long string to hang in the shower, avoids dropping soap. Just don't seem to get the same lather with the soap in dispenser.

10 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I thought I'd heard this some time ago, but still found bar soap in cabin. Wonder if Steward will supply it on request. We have a net bag on a long string to hang in the shower, avoids dropping soap. Just don't seem to get the same lather with the soap in dispenser.

In his "Live from" Colo Cruiser indicated bar soap not available, even on request, except for the Sky suites.  There are, what, two of those on Sky?   

Going fleetwide

Edited by pms4104

They will save money with me.  I won't touch those bottles that are "community" share from past passengers.  Those little round soaps fit in my go travel containers so nicely.  Oh well, just one more cut back.  

BTW...I have spoken to those vendors that sold such units (at a trade show) and inquired about how sanitary they were.  Of course they could not "agree" with me since they were there to sell the products, but did say that it was environmentally better.  I rephrased my question and they said that there was no way to "guarantee" that previous visitors did not tamper with the product.  

Say what you will, I'll just bring my own.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruisintoddler said:

So I tweeted Princess enquiring about this as I have a sensitivity in my family to most liquid soaps (hands get red and raw) and received a reply that bar soap is being eliminated fleet wide and I should pack my own. 

Be sure to also pack straws if you use them.

• Like 5

Good news.  We always bring hand soap with us as the bars make hands very dry.  One less thing to pack now!

Not sure about the concern with tampering.  That could have happened any time previously with the shower gel/shampoo.  Don't recall anyone complaining about washing in acid (or whatever people seem to be concerned about being added by evil previous passengers so upset about leaving they want to punish the next people!)

• Like 5

I have several allergies and always bring my own bar of soap anyway. Or a pump container of Cetaphil (or both).

I have spent too many times in ERs during vacation due to using hotel soap.

Edited by Coral

6 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

They will save money with me.  I won't touch those bottles that are "community" share from past passengers.

Keep in mind that the liquor bottles are also "community" share, and God knows who drank a shot poured from them.

• Haha 4

We've always hated the bar soaps we find on ships.  We bring our own liquid hand soap and body wash.  Those little soaps are nasty.  You have to use hand lotion after using it because it's so drying.  They also leave a sticky mess sitting on the side of the sink.  We'll continue to bring our own from home.

• Like 3

how would/could this be considered a " cut back "  if they replace it with something equal or better. What do you people do when your in a restroom and there's a soap dispenser hanging on the wall ? 

.. Image result for grossed out face

uh no I don't think  I'll wash my hands

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

I'd have to guess that just about anything Princess changes results in a savings to them. 

Savings to Princess-----less costly product; can buy in bulk containers reducing the packaging disposal costs and landfill space; possible time savings for cabin stewards.  

I prefer that Princess makes minor changes like changing soap to save money rather than raising my cruise fare.  If the cost cutting becomes too much for me to bear, I know I am free to try other cruise lines.  Maybe Unicorn Cruise Lines will provide everything I desire at a nearly free cruise fare.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

Savings to Princess-----less costly product; can buy in bulk containers reducing the packaging disposal costs and landfill space; possible time savings for cabin stewards.  

I prefer that Princess makes minor changes like changing soap to save money rather than raising my cruise fare.  If the cost cutting becomes too much for me to bear, I know I am free to try other cruise lines.  Maybe Unicorn Cruise Lines will provide everything I desire at a nearly free cruise fare.

I'd almost bet it takes them far longer to refill those bottles than it does to place a bar of soap on the counter. 

I don't see this as any type of issue but just me, I guess.  I've always traveled with my own shampoo, and bar soaps as I have a low tolerance for flowery or other scents.  There is no right or wrong here, when it comes to personal preference.  I never touch the containers in the shower.

I'm on the Sky for 26 days in Aug., use my own soaps, like always.  I'll set the containers on the shelf under the sink, tell the room steward to leave them there, I won't use them.

People make such a big deal about changes and what they consider cutbacks, amusing, really.