Bar soap going Buh Bye

CruisinFinsUp

10 minutes ago, brisalta said:

It is on a ship!!!! Ships vibrate , roll, pitch and yaw. Sufficient movement to stir things up.

If I'm ever on a ship that vibrates, rolls, pitches and yaws enough to redistribute the thick, viscous soap from top to bottom of a pump dispenser, then the choice of soap provided to me will be the least of my concerns.  I'd be checking the quality of my life vest and pulling out the barf bags!  😁

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/22/2019 at 2:54 PM, hobbyfarmer2 said:

DW and I are on the Sky TA right now.  We were a bit annoyed about the lack of bar soap the first day or two but quickly got used to the change.  It's no big deal to get used to the change.

Is the new stuff scented? That's the main reason I can't use most liquid soap products.

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

If I'm ever on a ship that vibrates, rolls, pitches and yaws enough to redistribute the thick, viscous soap from top to bottom of a pump dispenser, then the choice of soap provided to me will be the least of my concerns.  I'd be checking the quality of my life vest and pulling out the barf bags!  😁

You do not need much vibration, roll, pitch or yaw to mix things up, especially when it is 24 hours of day. Plus add in a little plain old brownian movement to the mix and the liquid gets slowly stirred. Additionally the pump pulls from the bottom. So every push of the pump results in flow from the top to the bottom within the container thus inducing more mixing.

Edited by brisalta

2 hours ago, brisalta said:

You do not need much vibration, roll, pitch or yaw to mix things up, especially when it is 24 hours of day. Plus add in a little plain old brownian movement to the mix and the liquid gets slowly stirred. Additionally the pump pulls from the bottom. So every push of the pump results in flow from the top to the bottom within the container thus inducing more mixing.

While I have no problem using liquid soaps at a sink, I find it a lousy substitute for bar soap when in a shower.

Hank

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Hlitner said:

While I have no problem using liquid soaps at a sink, I find it a lousy substitute for bar soap when in a shower.

Hank

Same here. I find it difficult to shower using hand soap vs bar soap.

I'll continue to ask for bar soap although I'll bring my own bar soap & see how it goes.

just wanted to report that Regal Princess still had individual round soaps and small bottles of lotion available last week.

That said, my kid broke out in hives after using the liquid body wash in the shower.  I told him to use the small round soap and he stopped breaking out.

I also brought my own shampoo in a travel bottle and a soap bar from our NCL cruise last year. It smelled great!

I don't particularly like the smell or the effect of Princess Lotus Spa lotion, but since I don't want to drag a bottle of that from home, I use it anyway.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

I've been bringing liquid hand soap for the bathroom sink and my Dove bar soap for years. This doesn't affect me in a negative way. If the bathroom has liquid hand soap it will save me that, but for our next cruise on the Royal I will bring all the regular stuff just in case.

7 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

Well.....at least people are not talking about the missing barrel chairs anymore....  🙂

And let's not forget the great butter shortage of 2018! Dogs and cats living together,  mass hysteria.......

• Haha 3

On 11/23/2019 at 5:12 AM, chamima said:

Wouldn't it be nice if they replaced that spray (still not sure what it's for) with a bar of soap?!!!!!

The bag was missing the gel eye mask, a cutback. I love the linen spray, it works as a bathroom spray for you know what !

I miss the mints at the door of the dining room. 

On 12/6/2019 at 6:15 PM, cruzsnooze said:

I miss the mints at the door of the dining room. 

Not the ones they've had in the last few years....much to strong, but the ones they had about 10 years ago were so good they couldn't keep the bowl full.

If you didn't get up to get some before finishing you meal you were out of luck.

On 11/19/2019 at 12:37 AM, cruisintoddler said:

Colo Cruiser is on Sky and reported that there is now liquid hand soap in cabins. 

So I tweeted Princess enquiring about this as I have a sensitivity in my family to most liquid soaps (hands get red and raw) and received a reply that bar soap is being eliminated fleet wide and I should pack my own.  

Just passing the info along.  

085838C4-44CD-4F3B-84A0-6D5E79DF6CA4.jpeg

96B693AB-C2A2-47B3-92DB-17DB7E67E765.jpeg

We have just got off Grand Princess in SF Tuesday and we had bars of soap plus little bottles of hand lotion from the Spa next to the washbasin.

In the shower there was liquid shower gel and a separate bottle of shampoo/conditioner.

I'm fine with the elimination of soap but perhaps they could stock bar soap at customer service and put a notice in the  Princess@Sea and the daily schedule . Or perhaps the stewards could keep some for those that specifically request it . The soaps could be held with the old barrel chairs . 😄