Bar soap going Buh Bye

CruisinFinsUp

• 2 weeks later...

We got back yesterday from the Island Princess.  We had a bar of soap and tube of lotion on the sink; liquid soap and shampoo/conditioner in the shower.  As I dislike liquid soap, I brought an extra small bar to use in the shower.  

I also brought small bottles of conditioner as the shampoo/conditioner combo does horrible things to my hair.  

In the smaaalllll  balcony showers, I find the liquid dispensers very frustrating to use.

Didn't miss the tub chair at all.  Did notice a definite downgrade in meals, especially beef--couldn't even eat some of the entrees--literally too tough to chew.  The buffet was also very lacking, as well as activities.  Staff was great.

26 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Has anyone on a recent Regal sailing in a Suite had liquid soap dispensers at the sinks and if so, did both sinks have a bottle?  Otherwise, I'll continue to bring my own Bath and Body Works foaming soap since we dislike soap bars at the sink.

We weren't in a suite, only a balcony and had hand soap on the sink & bottles in the shower.

47 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Not possible on the Sky.

They don't have any to request.

thanks I will bring a back up bar, but continue to request... sometimes if you are persistent, they come thru... found that to be the case before on other issues on board...

On 11/18/2019 at 8:21 PM, Tedferg said:

I thought I'd heard this some time ago, but still found bar soap in cabin. Wonder if Steward will supply it on request. We have a net bag on a long string to hang in the shower, avoids dropping soap. Just don't seem to get the same lather with the soap in dispenser.

No - we just did the Sky TA and there is NO more bar soap available at all, even on request. We bought a large bottle of hand soap and some bath bars in a grocery store in Valencia, and more bath bars at a supermarket in Funchal. Upside: they were large, inexpensive bars of lavender and olive oil soaps, and were better than Princess's soaps (both bar and liquids).

this was quite the popcorn ride of a thread.  this will have no effect on me as i pack my own soap and shampoo because of sensitive skin and color treated hair.  fascinating what inspires people to be upset.  i did enjoy the small container of lotion, but i understand the cutback on packaging. 

i guess, the way my logic works is, this is the industry trend, all hotels and lodging is going to this model, the dispensers will improve as they become more ubiquitous.  we do use too much plastic as a whole, and while i think there are bigger places to start, this is a logical progression, and industrial and commercial packaging is some of the biggest sources of plastic. i'm sure some of the impetus to make this change is cost savings, but also pressure from the industry reforms and people looking to reduce their plastic use.  the cost savings are likely not immense as the cost in time to maintain the new bottles adds cost back.  i expect the biggest driver for this is pressure to align with others in the lodging industry.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, vampiress said:

this was quite the popcorn ride of a thread.  this will have no effect on me as i pack my own soap and shampoo because of sensitive skin and color treated hair.  fascinating what inspires people to be upset.  i did enjoy the small container of lotion, but i understand the cutback on packaging. 

i guess, the way my logic works is, this is the industry trend, all hotels and lodging is going to this model, the dispensers will improve as they become more ubiquitous.  we do use too much plastic as a whole, and while i think there are bigger places to start, this is a logical progression, and industrial and commercial packaging is some of the biggest sources of plastic. i'm sure some of the impetus to make this change is cost savings, but also pressure from the industry reforms and people looking to reduce their plastic use.  the cost savings are likely not immense as the cost in time to maintain the new bottles adds cost back.  i expect the biggest driver for this is pressure to align with others in the lodging industry.

The cuts will continue until morale on the ship improves.....Princess soon to be the Spirit airlines of cruising....

On 12/17/2019 at 4:20 PM, CruiseVA said:

No SOAP!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'll have to pack yet another suitcase for lotion & bars of soap!

Luggage-cruise-joke.jpg

LOL.  I imagine you will not be using Express disembarkation soon.  And traveling on European trains might be a challenge.  But finding room for a few bars of soap should be easy.

Hank