Club Orange

Cruise Raider

I am rather new to HAL (haven't sailed on them for at least a decade) and see a new experience called Club Orange.  At first, I thought it was only for suites as anyone that purchased it in the posts I read was staying in a suite ... now, not so sure.  

Can anyone explain more about this?  Is it for all room types?  What is the cost?  I did see it has to be purchased for both people in the cabin.  

I checked HAL's website but honestly, I get better answers from the folks on this site.  Even my PVP hasn't been able to answer all my questions ... 

Club Orange may be purchased; however, the price fluctuates.  It started at $50 per person per day.  Once HAL discovered that few people were willing to pay that price, they lowered it.  Currently, it's $35 per person per day on the Pinnacle Class ships, less than that on the other ships.  The Pinnacle Class offers a separate restaurant---the old farm to table venue---whereas the other ships have CO in the MDR.  CO patrons have a dedicated space.  Supposedly, the menus are a different color and have a special dish each day that is not available on the regular menu.  

The CO on K and NS have received rave reviews for food freshness and level of service.  We have purchased it for the second week of our upcoming B2B on NS; however, I would not purchase it if we were on any ship besides a Pinnacle Class.  We can't wait to see if we agree with those who have said that it was money well spent.  Hope this answers some of your questions without your having to wade through thread after thread. 

Edited by sevenseasnomad
  • Thanks 1

Just got CO offered for $15 pp per day on N Statendam for our B2B Eastern/Western Caribbean.   For us, (4*) just not really worth it.   We would be paying for many of the 4* perks we already have.  We picked our room and we like it, so have no interest in the ‘upgrade’. . . And I don’t like the ‘special’ dining room - didn’t like it when it was ‘America’s Test Kitchen’ - felt on display.  I will pay for steak and eggs if I decide I want them. . . and the sparkling wine. . . So thanks, but no thanks, HAL. 😊

I agree that $15.00 per person per day is a great price on K and NS. At the same time they are devaluing the exclusive perceived value for Neptune Suites. Book it quick before this marketing group is fired. Just my opinion, of course, but I've felt they have used the wrong approach to promoting this idea from the beginning. 

15 hours ago, Gigi1977 said:

Just got CO offered for $15 pp per day on N Statendam for our B2B Eastern/Western Caribbean.   For us, (4*) just not really worth it.   We would be paying for many of the 4* perks we already have.  We picked our room and we like it, so have no interest in the ‘upgrade’. . . And I don’t like the ‘special’ dining room - didn’t like it when it was ‘America’s Test Kitchen’ - felt on display.  I will pay for steak and eggs if I decide I want them. . . and the sparkling wine. . . So thanks, but no thanks, HAL. 😊

I think this is the first time I've seen a $15 offer for one of the Pinnacle ships. It really must not be selling well if they have to drop the price that much.

2 hours ago, twodjs said:

I agree that $15.00 per person per day is a great price on K and NS. At the same time they are devaluing the exclusive perceived value for Neptune Suites. Book it quick before this marketing group is fired. Just my opinion, of course, but I've felt they have used the wrong approach to promoting this idea from the beginning. 

It may be a great price but I still think it devalues my 4* benefits and maybe I got the $15 pp because we are 4*.   I just can’t see paying an extra $400. plus to eat breakfast and dinner in that venue.  We have a veranda with one of the oversized balcony.  Second time in a veranda.  We usually sail In Neptune or Signature but have decided as we approach retirement to make our cruise $ go further.  So this is a pass for me.   

1 hour ago, Gigi1977 said:

It may be a great price but I still think it devalues my 4* benefits and maybe I got the $15 pp because we are 4*.   I just can’t see paying an extra $400. plus to eat breakfast and dinner in that venue.  We have a veranda with one of the oversized balcony.  Second time in a veranda.  We usually sail In Neptune or Signature but have decided as we approach retirement to make our cruise $ go further.  So this is a pass for me.   

Everyone has to decide what "extras" they're willing to pay for.  Nothing wrong with turning down an offer to economize.  Most people would say that's wise, especially if it means cruising more.  YES!

• Like 1

We are taking our first Holland America cruise this month. 14 day on Nieuw Statendam. Yesterday I was offered Club Orange for $15 per person/per day and for me I thought it was worth a try. I don't think I would ever pay more than $15 for it.

• Like 1

I sailed in a Neptune Suite on the October 31 Koningsdam trans-Atlantic.  And I loved Club Orange.  It was a more intimate venue than the MDR, the service was superb (none of the wait staff was assigned to a particular table, so all of the wait staff catered to your needs -- and they all knew you by name), the food was excellent, the made-to-order entrees were amazing.  I would not hesitate to purchase Club Orange access if I sailed in other than a Neptune / Pinnacle Suite.  My only suggestion to HAL was that it consider adding lunch service.

Thank you for all the excellent comments .... 

Sorry about not doing the search for this as my search function is somehow dead in the water for this site.  I'm not sure if it is the site itself or my computer / wifi connection but keep seeing the little circle go round and round and round ... until I just give up!  

I am so tempted to purchase this.  My PVP has offered it for $25  a day pp ... so an additional $350.  It sounds like it might be worth it to us as we have little status with HAL and have an inside cabin booked.  We mostly sail on Princess and it sounds a lot like Club Class to me, but, without the extra expense of booking a higher category cabin.  I would gobble this offer up in a heartbeat if it could be done for $15 a day pp.  

4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Sorry about not doing the search for this as my search function is somehow dead in the water for this site.  I'm not sure if it is the site itself or my computer / wifi connection but keep seeing the little circle go round and round and round ... until I just give up!  

I am so tempted to purchase this.  My PVP has offered it for $25  a day pp ... so an additional $350.  It sounds like it might be worth it to us as we have little status with HAL and have an inside cabin booked.  We mostly sail on Princess and it sounds a lot like Club Class to me, but, without the extra expense of booking a higher category cabin.  I would gobble this offer up in a heartbeat if it could be done for $15 a day pp.  

And now the PVP is confirming it will be $35 per day pp on the Kdam.  I'm not sure about using a PVP???  

BTW, you all rock!!  Thanks again for the info!  

9 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

On 20 November 2019 at 10:35 AM, LouTheGlue said:

We are taking our first Holland America cruise this month. 14 day on Nieuw Statendam. Yesterday I was offered Club Orange for $15 per person/per day and for me I thought it was worth a try. I don't think I would ever pay more than $15 for it.

I don't normally comment on things like this and I'm not one to begrudge another a bargain but......When I think it took us 10years and more plus an awful lot of money to become a 4* mariner can you wonder a lot of us are ropeable

Edited by cranethie
Spelling

On 11/19/2019 at 3:35 PM, LouTheGlue said:

Lou, if it's as delightful as we experienced on the Koningsdam it's a great deal. We sailed in a Neptune it was included and found it to be a major improvement (for us 🙂 as a suite perk. Hoping our upcoming January on the K in CO remains consistent as the bar was set high on our first try.  We already have all of the other perks through mariner status with the exception of the dining and service that proved to be over the top excellent. If booking a cabin that didn't include it we would gladly pay for it particularly at a discount and ONLY on the Koningsdam or Nieuw Statendam which provides designated dining space and kitchen. So curious as to how you find your experience, please report back and we will do the same.  

12 hours ago, cranethie said:

I don't normally comment on things like this and I'm not one to begrudge another a bargain but......When I think it took us 10years and more plus an awful lot of money to become a 4* mariner can you wonder a lot of us are ropeable

Being frequent cruises and having elite status on a few other lines, the only dilution of those higher status benefits I notice (or care about) is when it makes the priority lines a lot longer.  If someone pays for a better experience, let's say by booking Club Class, Aqua Class, a suite on those lines where I've attained that status, well, it just doesn't bother me in the very least.  From what I've read, it appears that CO is capacity controlled so, not really seeing how it can affect one's overall experience. 

Nevertheless,  I do respect your right to have that opinion, although it is different than mine.  Expressing your concerns to HAL may change their practice of selling this experience to those that are not 4* Mariners.  

7 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Personal Vacation Planner down at HAL.  I hope I am not crossing that terminology over from another cruiseline.  

On HAL they are referred to as PCC---Personal Cruise Consultant.