St Thomas Skyride Question

Aeryn

I have learned from searching this forum that there are at least twenty five steps to board.   Are they straight steep steps, or are there landings?  I have some mobility issues.  Haven’t found this information and would appreciate hearing from a cruiser who has taken the  Skyride.  Thank you!

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2019 at 8:00 PM, Aeryn said:

I have learned from searching this forum that there are at least twenty five steps to board.   Are they straight steep steps, or are there landings?  I have some mobility issues.  Haven’t found this information and would appreciate hearing from a cruiser who has taken the  Skyride.  Thank you!

I don't know if you have sailed yet but we took the skyride last week. I too have some mobility issues.The steps have a normal rise and there are landings. I was able to make it all the way up. I didn't count but I am thinking more like 35 steps. There are handrails so that helped. Sometimes I walk with a cane but did not need it. 

On 12/27/2019 at 10:06 AM, Peachypooh said:

I don't know if you have sailed yet but we took the skyride last week. I too have some mobility issues.The steps have a normal rise and there are landings. I was able to make it all the way up. I didn't count but I am thinking more like 35 steps. There are handrails so that helped. Sometimes I walk with a cane but did not need it. 

Thank you so much for your reply.   I think I will try it—the worst that can happen, is I turn around and head back to the ship.  Happy New Year!

1 hour ago, Aeryn said:

Thank you so much for your reply.   I think I will try it—the worst that can happen, is I turn around and head back to the ship.  Happy New Year!

You're welcome. Happy New Year to you too! Hope you are able to enjoy the ride. One thing is you are supposed to step

on and off the ride while it is moving but if you ask or they see you need help they will stop it so you can enter/exit more easily.

• 1 month later...

I've done the Skyride to Paradise Point many times over the years.  Last time was too much for me. I have mobility issues, also.  Between the walk from the dock and then the stairs and the leap on and off the tram, plus the steps once you get up there, it was a lot.  I was okay until I had to do it all again to return to the ship.  I was so proud of myself! For the next 2 days I could hardly walk.  Not saying you can't make it, but that will be the last time I attempt it.  I'm looking for a guaranteed way to get a cab up and back now.  The views and the bushwackers are worth the effort!  Good luck.       

• 2 weeks later...