2 quick questions

First question is about the app.  Can 1 person do the check in and photos for everyone on the reservation, or does each person have to download the app and do it themselves?

Second question is about check in.  If someone on the reservation checks in and gets sick or just can't go, can we still find a replacement person as long as it is at least the 3 days (or whatever the time is) ahead of departure?  Or, once a person is checked in, you can't replace them?

8 minutes ago, MaskedTurtle said:

If someone on the reservation checks in and gets sick or just can't go, can we still find a replacement person as long as it is at least the 3 days (or whatever the time is) ahead of departure? 

You can replace someone up till the day before sailing, regardless of check in status.

25 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You can replace someone up till the day before sailing, regardless of check in status.

Thank you. I've been hesitant to check in, just in case my mom gets ill.  As long as I know I can find someone else even when checked in, I may just go ahead.  Also, I thought it had to be at least 48 hours before a cruise to replace someone. Good to know I have even more time.

1 minute ago, MaskedTurtle said:

Thank you. I've been hesitant to check in, just in case my mom gets ill.  As long as I know I can find someone else even when checked in, I may just go ahead.  Also, I thought it had to be at least 48 hours before a cruise to replace someone. Good to know I have even more time.

I'm pretty sure you have to make the passenger name change at least 24 hours in advance.

9 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I'm pretty sure you have to make the passenger name change at least 24 hours in advance.

That's more of what I thought.  To be honest, I think we would know even further ahead of cruise time, but it is good to know the actual rules.

I checked in for everyone, including my MIL who lives in a different state. I just made sure I had all the information from her beforehand, which I had anyway since she travels enough with us that I keep it in a file so I can easily make flight reservations and such. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MaskedTurtle said:

Thanks everyone.  I've never used the app before, so I wasn't sure if each person had to download it and do it, or if the app would allow me to do everyone on the reservation.

The website will also let you check-in for everyone.

• Thanks 1

Name changes have to be made before the manifest is sent over to the ship.  This happens 24-48 hours before sailing.  Just to be safe, I would say no more than 3 days before sailing.  But it's not a strict cut-off that every manifest is sent over at exactly the same time before each sailing.

12 minutes ago, AlexisV said:

Name changes have to be made before the manifest is sent over to the ship.  This happens 24-48 hours before sailing.  Just to be safe, I would say no more than 3 days before sailing.  But it's not a strict cut-off that every manifest is sent over at exactly the same time before each sailing.

This is what I always thought.

8 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I think 48, or so we were told last year by Royal.

Edited by Tatka

18 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Technically, I don't think you're "checking in" on line. You're filling out the form that allows for a faster check in process at the pier. My assumption is, you're not checked in until you've been issued your Sea Pass.

If you check in on the App it issues a SetSail pass on the app. That's all you need. When you show at the port they scan the barcode and you're good to go.  If the picture isn't there or isn't good enough they'll simply re-shoot it on their Ipad.  It's very easy.  No need to print anything except your luggage tags. 

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Technically, I don't think you're "checking in" on line. You're filling out the form that allows for a faster check in process at the pier. My assumption is, you're not checked in until you've been issued your Sea Pass.

You can't use getting your seapass as a sign of bring checked in any more as in many cases you don't get your seapass until you arrive at your cabin.