1st time cruiser question please.

portcbob

I have seen them on the smaller ships but, now I think about it, not recently.

Certainly they used to be fairly regular on the Spirit, either at the pool deck or Raffles terrace, but I don't recall seeing them this year.

I've also seen it on Jewel Class ships in the past.

We've had the big charcoal grills brought out by pool on Sun, Dawn, Star, and Gem.   It has been a few years since we've sailed so not sure if still doing.  Never saw on the mega ships.

Some ships also have an aft Great Outdoors which has a food serving area and kitchen grill.

5 hours ago, portcbob said:

Hi ncl cruisers. 

l was told that ncl ships have bbqs on the back decks of their ships or around the pool area, is this correct.

I haven't seen them do a noon time barbeque on the pool deck for quite a few years.  Just another of those things NCL discontinued.

In the past, on the Jewel class ships I think ever cruise, weather permitting, there has been one or two days with a bbq type event out on the pool deck.  Usually mid afternoon as I recall.  However, the buffet and the grill area that is out on the pool deck both have burgers and such during the pretty long lunch hours.  There will be no shortage of food available somewhere pretty much all day .  

None on the bigger ships, but we had them on the Gem on some sea days on every previous cruise.  They bring out big grills and do something a little different than standard burgers and hot dogs, which are always available on the pool deck.

18 hours ago, portcbob said:

Hi ncl cruisers. 

l was told that ncl ships have bbqs on the back decks of their ships or around the pool area, is this correct.

They had it on my first Cruise in 2001 but not on the Breakaway in 2015 it was nice but I think it is over.