Good Lunch Spot Near FLL

Robroy

My wife and I are flying out of FLL after a cruise docking in MIA in January and our flight isn't until 16:00. We expect to be off the ship around 9:00 and had planned to Uber to FLL - store our luggage and Uber to a nearby restaurant for lunch and to kill some time. No interest in organized tours - just want to be close to FLL so we can check in a couple of hours before flight time. Would appreciate any suggestions - we aren't looking for gourmet - just some good American food in a comfortable restaurant.

Many thank!

Cheers,

Rob

Thanks for the suggestions. BNBR - you raise a good point that almost everything is within 10-15 minutes of the airport so we won't restrict our search to that area and will check out the ones you both have mentioned.

Cheers,

Rob

I'm not sure why you would go get New England seafood when visiting FLL.  🙂  It's a good restaurant if nearby, but if looking to kill some hours, I'd do something on the beach or intracoastal.

6 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

Lulu's Bait Shack is our go-to. We eat there a LOT. Their buffalo shrimp is so delicious. My wife loves their chicken. 

Good location to kill some time and hang out, too.

2 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I looked at Lulu's Bait Shop's menu and I'm interested.  What's the parking situation at that location?

Beach Place has a parking garage.  On the backside of it.  Very simple.  Pay to park but not outrageous.

It's a good location.  Can walk around a bit. View of the ocean, etc.  Give it a try.

Edited by BNBR

3 minutes ago, BNBR said:

Beach Place has a parking garage.  On the backside of it.  Very simple.  Pay to park but not outrageous.

It's a good location.  Can walk around a bit. View of the ocean, etc.  Give it a try.

Thanks for such a prompt reply.  I'll put it on my list to try.  I'll be in Fort Lauderdale for 3 days before a cruise and for 3 days between cruises.  I'll be driving my own car and want to get out of the area where my hotel (Fort Lauderdale Marriott North) is.  

1 minute ago, rkacruiser said:

Thanks for such a prompt reply.  I'll put it on my list to try.  I'll be in Fort Lauderdale for 3 days before a cruise and for 3 days between cruises.  I'll be driving my own car and want to get out of the area where my hotel (Fort Lauderdale Marriott North) is.  

Are you familiar with Hollywood Beach?  Go park in the garage at the Margaritaville (it's public parking) and check out 5 O Clock Somewhere Bar on the intracoastal.  Can stroll the Broadwalk as well.

11 minutes ago, BNBR said:

Are you familiar with Hollywood Beach?  Go park in the garage at the Margaritaville (it's public parking) and check out 5 O Clock Somewhere Bar on the intracoastal.  Can stroll the Broadwalk as well.

I am not familiar with Hollywood Beach other than having driven through a small part of the community.  I have added that suggestion to my list as well.  Thank you.

5 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I am not familiar with Hollywood Beach other than having driven through a small part of the community.  I have added that suggestion to my list as well.  Thank you.

Ah, then yeah, definitely go to Hollywood Beach.  It's THE best beach area to walk around, etc. They have a lively Broadwalk. Live music in the evening right in front of Margaritaville most nights.  Great bars and restaurants on the intracoastal.  It's where we go when we want to hang out, we don't go to FLL Beach anymore really.  A bit pricey, but if during season, maybe get stone crabs at Billy's Stone Crab as well.

Edited by BNBR
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BNBR said:

Ah, then yeah, definitely go to Hollywood Beach.  It's THE best beach area to walk around, etc. They have a lively Broadwalk. Live music in the evening right in front of Margaritaville most nights.  Great bars and restaurants on the intracoastal.  It's where we go when we want to hang out, we don't go to FLL Beach anymore really.  A bit pricey, but if during season, maybe get stone crabs at Billy's Stone Crab as well.

Thanks for another recommendation.