Grantley Adams Airport Barbados

Philandher

We arrive in Barbados next February for our annual Odyssey cruise, previously we have always had a pre-cruise hotel stay and arranged our own Immigration and Customs Fast-track. This time we will be flying in and sailing on the same day, my question is, do Seabourn provide any arrival Fast-track assistance at the airport for its passengers?

Thanks. 

We arrive in Barbados in January for our first Seabourn cruise (so excited). I've been researching about the fast track at the airport and wondering if it's worth the expense. I would appreciate any input on this and about buying a pass to the executive lounge for our return journey.

Thanks!

We've never used the fast track at BGI, but as we flew Business Class our waiting time at immigration was never long enough to not-have-to-wait for our luggage. 

I would never pay for access to the lounge on the way back, as I have encountered only 1 lounge (in Vancouver) that I actually found worth the money they charge.

And this one is definitely not worth the money they charge. 

We are also flying in on the day for our February cruise. We arrive at 18.15, which is a little close for comfort, but no doubt the ship will wait as Seabourn have arranged the flights.

There may well be quite a number of cruise pax on these flights.

9 hours ago, Sapphire45 said:

We arrive in Barbados in January for our first Seabourn cruise (so excited). I've been researching about the fast track at the airport and wondering if it's worth the expense. I would appreciate any input on this and about buying a pass to the executive lounge for our return journey.

Thanks!

Hi Sapphire45 - 

We used the Five Star Fast Track service a couple years ago, and found it worth it for a few reasons.  First, after a long day of flying from West Coast it was great to have someone take care of our luggage and get us through quickly; they even helped with the arrivals cards. If you have a lot of luggage like we did it helps!  Second reason is if there are a number of flights arriving at the same time the arrivals hall can be pretty crowded - the fast track gets you around that.  The third reason was it helped get us into the vacation/Seabourn mode of being pampered.  If you arrive when there aren't other flights, you have a reasonable amount of luggage, and happy to wait until hotel/Seabourn to get into vacation mode, then the value may not be there for you.  

PS - if you're new to Seabourn check out the referral coupon thread here on CC - you get $250 OBC as a first timer.  

Edited by johng75370
adding referral coupon mention

4 hours ago, English Tim said:

We are also flying in on the day for our February cruise. We arrive at 18.15, which is a little close for comfort, but no doubt the ship will wait as Seabourn have arranged the flights.

There may well be quite a number of cruise pax on these flights.

Gosh, that is late, I thought ours was late arriving at 15:25! It's probably worth checking out expected flight arrivals on that date to see if it will be potentially busy.

If there are many other cruisers on the flight you could possibly end up waiting after customs for the Seabourn transfer.

1 hour ago, Philandher said:

Gosh, that is late, I thought ours was late arriving at 15:25! It's probably worth checking out expected flight arrivals on that date to see if it will be potentially busy.

If there are many other cruisers on the flight you could possibly end up waiting after customs for the Seabourn transfer.

We’re flying business and weren’t offered earlier flight but they say many Seabourn pax will be on this flight.

1 hour ago, English Tim said:

We’re flying business and weren’t offered earlier flight but they say many Seabourn pax will be on this flight.

It always seems to be pot-luck with flights as to what they have on the system at any one time.

As to whether take Fast Track at Barbados, the answer for me is yes, yes and yes. If your flight is the last to land in a queue of 4 planes (usually Virgin, BA and two US) the line goes on for ever and has the possibility of spoiling the start to a holiday. I also query whether travelling Club gives automatic Fast Track - its my normal method of travel and I have never been offered it (on either BA or Virgin).

I have used TripAdvisors Viator before now and whilst expensive it was probably one of my better buys in tourism. Certain Hotels (e.g. Fairmont) also offer it as part of their room rate.

I'm on the March Oddy and will be using it.

12 hours ago, tv24 said:

Useful info as we are flying into Barbados late March.  Still can't figure out why Seabourn uses this port as their major embarkation and disembarkation.

Barbados is great for Brits (nonstop flights), not so good for West Coast folks (12-15 hours of travel).  After doing a couple of Seabourn cruises through there we try to avoid it; almost any other port they sail from works a lot better for us.

10 hours ago, johng75370 said:

Barbados is great for Brits (nonstop flights), not so good for West Coast folks (12-15 hours of travel).  After doing a couple of Seabourn cruises through there we try to avoid it; almost any other port they sail from works a lot better for us.

Yeah, we are not thrilled with the long flight from California.  It will be all day and there is the possibility of a missed connection in Miami.  Still we want to return to Seabourn and this crossing fits our schedule and our European plans.