Half Moon Cay Cabana ~ is it worth it

pearle1

Hello All ~ Going on a cruise the end of April, and stopping at Half Moon Cay (never been, the last 2 cruises the stop was cancelled) ~ My question is ~ Is that Cabana really worth the price ~ it is around $359.00 ~ It is just my husband and I , so only 2 of us.  I appreciate any opinions ~ thanks!!

what joebucks states is true, only you can decide if it's worth it.....with that said we have gotten a cabana the last few times we have gone to Half Moon Cay but we always have more than 2 people. It's great to have a base camp- so to speak- for everyone to keep their belongings. Also nice to have the shower right there, floaties and chairs.

I love HMC. Have visited 5 times. Three of those times had a cabana. The other two times the cabanas were sold out and therefore unavailable. 

The cabana provides the comforts that allow you to stay in a hot sandy environment allllll day long. Shade. A personal shower. Comfortable loungers. A dining table with chairs. Floating mats. Snorkel equipment with fins. Cans of soda. Bottles of water. Snacks. And ICE!  You will be provided a large cooler of ice to chill your cans/bottles. They also provide an ice bucket full of ice. They come by during the day to refill and refresh the ice. 

I live in Florida. I know that beach visits require ICE/ shade and a place to rinse off the sand to make MY bliss. The cabanas provide that for me! 

If you are the type of beachgoer that just throws a towel down on the sand and is happy... then you can save a lot of money by choosing a free lounger under a shady tree. (There IS ample shade and free loungers to be found there)

• 1 month later...

Trying to decide if it’s worth it. It’s our first port on the itinerary. Do I really want to spend $360ish???? We will have an 18 month old. I should probably do it. We will have a total of 7 adults and 3 kids. It says 6 people max. Can family members come and go? Say we are swimming and not in the cabana, can others come over? TIA

On 12/29/2019 at 10:31 PM, onecutemoocow said:

Trying to decide if it’s worth it. It’s our first port on the itinerary. Do I really want to spend $360ish???? We will have an 18 month old. I should probably do it. We will have a total of 7 adults and 3 kids. It says 6 people max. Can family members come and go? Say we are swimming and not in the cabana, can others come over? TIA

When are you traveling?  If in summer, with an 18 month old, definitely get it so you can get the little one out of the heat, especially for naps.

With 10 people, though, you really should get the villa.  People can come and go, there isn't anyone there monitoring who is in the cabana and who isn't.  However, you physically can't fit more than 6 in the cabana, they aren't that big.  And, people will be in it more than you think, for drinks and snacks and a place to sit.

Villa also comes with a private bathroom, indoor shower, and a hot tub.

On 11/22/2019 at 12:08 PM, pearle1 said:

Hello All ~ Going on a cruise the end of April, and stopping at Half Moon Cay (never been, the last 2 cruises the stop was cancelled) ~ My question is ~ Is that Cabana really worth the price ~ it is around $359.00 ~ It is just my husband and I , so only 2 of us.  I appreciate any opinions ~ thanks!!

With red heads who burn easily in our family, it's worth it.  Especially in the summer.

However, end of April, I don't think you need the Cabana to get out of the heat like in the summer. So, unless you need it to stay out of the sun, I don't think you'd actually use it that much.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...