U-tapao airport

Has anyone joined a cruise from this airport ? Do you have to pass through airport and collect baggage as normal or is there a system like in Barbados where you go straight to ship ? How long is the journey to the ship ? Finally is there a premium lounge for the return flight ? Many thanks for any information .

hiya  Margaret,   we flew into this airport last January, its an old military  airport and a bit basic really. the luggage is not bonded and you will have to pick up your luggage. I think they will have made some improvements to the terminal building.  as I remember the coach to the ship was about 1hour 15 mins.     there were tables on our coach and I spent the time filling in the forms they dished out for Vietnam, Cambodia ect.      premium lounge mmmm  afraid not.      you can get  a  bottle of water crisp   and coffee.     we  did not get delayed so was not to bad    hope this helps.

don't be put off   the cruise was amazing    we are jealous

jimphil  luggage not bonded  in or out.       hi Margaret,     have  a look at my post I put on October 26th 2018  its on page 17   and entitled Cambodia visa and currency.  there are lot of replies and info for you or anyone else going.  I will just add that marella will take the Cambodia visa  from your on board account.  you will need  us dollars  for Cambodia   some Singapore dollars  malasian ringits   and thai bhat.  the  2 trips we booked with marella  were  the transfer into ho chi mihn city (2hours  each way) but you get to see Vietnam on way in and back and get maps and info on coach.  also  transfer into kuala  lumpur.

all other tours we did with locals very easy.  in Singapore we got a Singapore day pass for the underground   10 dollars pp.   the day trip we organised from home in sianhoukville      we found a local company on internet and lots of good reviews on trip advisor  and the day trip was great   waited at port gate for about 8 of  us (we  didn't know each other) and paid at the end  50us pp I think  everyone loved it.    e mail sihanoukville  guide tours for info  fred will email you back asy any questions and he will get back to you. we booked  and glad we did. the standard of tuk tuk at port gate with the fly by night guys  is very dodgy  lol.   we  just the 2 of us did a taxi trip around  langkawi most of the day took us were we wanted to go and as long as we wanted even waited while we went up the cable car  200 ringits  I was impressed with the guy so gave him  230  roughly 5.5 ringits  to a pound. if you go to ho chi mihn city by coach it drops you off at shopping centre and  toilets inside and you can change money.  vietnamees  dong  you  cant get  out dongside  so no point taking home unless you want to keep.  30,000 dong  to one pound   I changed £40 and got 1,200,000 dong.   well I hope this helps  and enjoy

hiya Margaret.  the coach drops you off in KL  at the massive shopping mal underneath the petronas  twin towers.  you can book to go up the towers  on line in advance, it is very popular and you wont be able to do it on the day.  the shopping mal on its own is very impressive, they will give out a map on the bus, we got around on the monorail system and taxi that are  cheap but as always agree a price. klcc park is  waking distance from PETRONAS towers. merdeka square is a short  train ride  away. there are food courts all over the place but the best place to eat is the central market, ask the guide on the bus to mark it on your map 

other than that just wonder around and get lost  like we did lol