Recommendation for Tour Company on Moorea for Pre-Cruise Excursion

Northern Swan

Hello... We are are a group of 4 adults who will be arriving on March 24 for a 3-day pre-cruise stay at the Intercontinental Moorea.  We are thinking we would like to do an excursion during our pre-cruise stay and are leaning toward an ATV tour or a street food tour.  Does anyone have any recommendations for tour operators?  We would possibly do a private tour.   Thank you.

For an ATV tour you can contact Albert’s. They offer many tours.  If you don’t do an ATV tour you may want to consider renting a car for the day and exploring yourself. It is a very easy island to navigate yourself.  Do you have a choice to consider other resorts or are you locked in to the IC?

We booked the Intercontinental through our travel agent as part of the pre-cruise stay with PG.  We had a choice of staying on Moorea, Tahiti or Bora Bora.  We opted for Moorea as we did not want to have to fly to Bora Bora and we had also read that there is not much to see on Tahiti.  Since this will be our first trip to French Polynesia, I'm sure that any place we stay will be fantastic. 

I concur that Albert's is probably the dominant tour company on Moorea, and reliable.

I'm not sure about street food tours, however.  It's a small place, Moorea, and there are a number of small food places that are great, but not sure how you would string them into a tour.  But who knows, maybe somebody has tried.

I will recommend a couple of places near the IC.  Snack Mahana is great for lunch, as is the small hotel, Les Tipaniers, their lunch place is right on the beach. Les Tipes is also nice for dinner--they will arrange transport for you from your hotel.

Les Tipaniers has been a great place to eat for many years. We ate lunch at the hotel's restaurant in 20 years ago, and I still remember it was delicious. Two years ago, we rented a car to drive around Moorea, and ended up at Le Motu Pizza Grill for lunch. The food was great, reasonably priced, and there were many locals there. A little familiarity with French helped with ordering.

• Like 1

If you are interested in an ATV tour, you should check out Top Jet tours on Moorea. They limit their tours to 3 ATV's plus a guide. Other ATV operators can have 5-6 ATV's per tour. Top Jet gets great reviews on Trip Advisor. There are many great places to eat close to the ICH, don't miss Snack Mahana, make sure you make a reservation (lunch only) and bring a big appetite. I've eaten Mahi Mahi 100's of times at dozens of different restaurants, the best I've ever had was served at Snack Mahana. Many of the nicer restaurants will pick you up and return you to the ICH at no charge. The excellent Holy Steak House is directly across the street, and easily walkable. Others we have enjoyed are LeLezard Jaune, Restaurant Tiahuru, Rudy's and LeMahogany. 

• 3 weeks later...

I might add to this Moorea Activities Centre with their Combo Tour Jetski + ATV (5h30 medium combo). We've done it three time with them and their staff are great. They will pick you up at the hotel.

For restaurant, you have the Tipaniers, the Sunset restaurant at the Hibiscus and the "Le No Stress" nearby. The No Stress because they used to have 2 restaurants in France and moved to Polynesia and are now operating only one (hence the name). The Lezard Jaune is not bad either.