TVG from Paris to Lyon

Babcia7

We're on the Uniworld Grand France river cruise in March.  Could anyone tell me what time we depart Paris and what time we arrive in Lyon (or what your experience was)? I'd like to plan what we might do when we arrive in Lyon, depending on the time of arrival.

Babcia7, just to clarify your question - are you simply asking about the timing of a TGV journey which Uniworld arranges? Or are you asking for help about doing this trip on your own? We have done the latter but not the former, and it's a nice trip, but I imagine it would be even easier if Uniworld were helping out along the way. Enjoy!

Yes, I was wondering specifically about Uniworld's schedule for the TGV trip. (We'll be on Uniworld's Grand France cruise, and the train from Paris to Lyon is included). I don't think they have anything scheduled for the day we arrive in Lyon, and I'd like to know how much of the day we'll have in Lyon for exploring on our own.

• 5 weeks later...

We were on AMA and had first class from TGV from Paris (Gare de Lyon) to Lyon.    Departures are roughly hourly and the trip takes two hours.    Ours however was interrupted both on departure due to someone leaving an abandoned suitcase on the Paris-bound run (had to wait until the bomb sniffing dogs cleared it) and also about 2/3 of the way there the train came to a complete stop for twenty minutes or so due to something on the tracks.     Still, it's a comfortable run compared to the old trains or even flying.

We did the Grand France tour on Uniworld in 2016.  I don't remember specific times but we disembarked the Seine cruise after breakfast and were in Lyon by lunchtime.  It was a quick, very comfortable transit with lovely views of the countryside for most of the train ride.

Thanks for the responses! I'm hoping for an uneventful train trip and looking forward to an afternoon of exploring Lyon on our own.  I always try to look at all of the transportation during a river cruise as part of the adventure!

3 hours ago, Babcia7 said:

Thanks for the responses! I'm hoping for an uneventful train trip and looking forward to an afternoon of exploring Lyon on our own.  I always try to look at all of the transportation during a river cruise as part of the adventure!

My DH, DB and DSIL spent our part of the first afternoon borrowing Uniworld bikes.  The ship was docked along a lovely riverside park and they had a great time exploring the area by bike.

13 hours ago, capriccio said:

My DH, DB and DSIL spent our part of the first afternoon borrowing Uniworld bikes.  The ship was docked along a lovely riverside park and they had a great time exploring the area by bike.

Great idea.  Hope we'll be docked in the same area!

On 11/23/2019 at 5:52 PM, Babcia7 said:

We're on the Uniworld Grand France river cruise in March.  Could anyone tell me what time we depart Paris and what time we arrive in Lyon (or what your experience was)? I'd like to plan what we might do when we arrive in Lyon, depending on the time of arrival.

We did this cruise last May.  The trip from Paris to Lyon was seamless, Uniworld managed the transfer wonderfully.  We arrived in Lyon early afternoon, and set sail for the next port at about 6PM.  We chose to stay on board to explore the ship, but there should be time to do a little exploring on your own.

This is a fabulous itinerary on a great line, I am sure that you will have a great time.  Enjoy!

Bob

• 6 months later...