Looking for fellow Solo Cruisers whilst away

Wiggster

Hi, I have done many solo cruises in the past few years and enjoyed all of them due to being able to meet up with people for dinner in the MDR.

I am currently on the Costa Fascinosa from Savona to Santos Brazil, we are now in the 2nd week, it has been a pretty lonely experience so far as no one turned up at my table in the MDR, and when they did they spoke either French or Chinese. 😞

I have made efforts to connect with other english speaking passengers but it has not been a fun task as the ship is so big.

So my question is, is there any other english speaking travellers on this cruise in a similar situation and if so would you like to meet up for a chat.

We are currently in Las Palmas and will be in Tenerife tomorrow before embarking on 6 days at sea, so a prompt response would be handy.

Kind regards

Wiggy

Sorry to hear of your dilemma.  This is to be expected on an Italian/European line. We had the same experience on MCS and Costa. Sadly it puts those lines down to the bottom of our preferred list (among a few other reasons). If there is a singles meetup I suggest that you go to that, check in the dailies. And ask if you can switch tables - that might help. We have realized over the years that meeting new people is one of the best parts of cruising. Good luck! 

• Thanks 1

Hi, I suggest speaking with  the Maitr'd...they may know of other solo guests and can connect you for dinner. Just let them know you would like to share a table.

• Thanks 1

Hi @CruisinGirl777 / @Lois R

Thank you both for your prompt responses, I have already spoken to the Maitr'd and been moved twice but this was where I was put with the French and Chinese.

I have been looking at the dailies and no singles events as yet... I'll ask at the reception/customer services to see if they plan to have any.

By chance I have met an ex-pat and hope to see him again in the 6 days at sea 🙂

I really appreciate the advice.

Kind regards

Ian

Hi Ian, wow, you have been moved twice? Sorry you haven't had any luck then. I have found most cruisers are

quite friendly but sorry you are having issues trying to find folks to dine with.  I would just go on my own and ask

for 2 top…….or try a Specialty Restaurant:classic_biggrin:

Oh, I don't really care if I eat with other solo guests......so long as the people are friendly, doesn't

matter to me if they are single or not.

41 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Ian, wow, you have been moved twice? Sorry you haven't had any luck then. I have found most cruisers are

quite friendly but sorry you are having issues trying to find folks to dine with.  I would just go on my own and ask

for 2 top…….or try a Specialty Restaurant:classic_biggrin:

Oh, I don't really care if I eat with other solo guests......so long as the people are friendly, doesn't

matter to me if they are single or not.

Lois, He is just looking for other English-speaking people to dine with, not necessarily other solos...

10 minutes ago, croozbabe said:

Lois, He is just looking for other English-speaking people to dine with, not necessarily other solos...

Oh....I thought he was looking for solos who spoke English...…..so my bad if I misunderstood.

croozbabe,

Your situation surely seems to be unique to me.  I am sorry you are experiencing this situation.

Sometimes, as a solo diner when other dining companions are not available for whatever reason, I am "my best dining companion".  (Most recent experience of that was on Royal Princess, New Year's Eve dinner, December 31, 2018, anytime dining guest.  I requested to be seated with others and ended up at a table for two, set for one, with no chair opposite me.  And, that "arrangement" was after I had waited 90 minutes for my pager to ping.)

19 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

croozbabe,

Your situation surely seems to be unique to me.  I am sorry you are experiencing this situation.

Sometimes, as a solo diner when other dining companions are not available for whatever reason, I am "my best dining companion".  (Most recent experience of that was on Royal Princess, New Year's Eve dinner, December 31, 2018, anytime dining guest.  I requested to be seated with others and ended up at a table for two, set for one, with no chair opposite me.  And, that "arrangement" was after I had waited 90 minutes for my pager to ping.)

I am not the one experiencing the situation.  Someone else is the OP.