Caribbean Princess Question

HodgeNNicole

We just canceled a NCL cruise on the Breakaway and booked the Caribbean Princess for May of 2020.  I was just getting bad vibes about the Breakaway and we are Elite members on Princess so we had to do it!

We are traveling with our 5 year old and he is dying to see the kids water zone that was just added this spring and can't seem to find any pictures or reviews of the new area.  

Can anyone post pics or at least a review of what it was like for their little ones please.

• Like 1

We were on the Caribbean in August. The new fun area is really nice, with a large splash pool area with water features, places for parents, comfortable seating in shade and sun, pool, hot tub, youth friendly beverage counter. I was impressed. Comfort for both youth and adults. Here is some information I found on line.

https://www.bolsovercruiseclub.com/news/princess-cruises-to-launch-new-family-friendly-interactive-top-deck-area-on-caribbean-princess/

• Like 1

Thanks for posting, I thought I was the only one looking for pictures/info. on this area.  It seems like no one is reviewing this ship or the new features.  We are traveling with our 3 year old and our 9 mth old baby and I'd live to see some pictures of the rest of area, especially the seating area since that's where I will be with baby while DH and DS are playing in the water.  Also traveling with my parents and grandparents so I wanted to see the shade structures for baby and great-grandma and grandpa.

Any pics? Also, one more attempt for info. on the family suite on this ship. Pics? Looking to see if it got new carpet and beds in the dry dock.  We took a family cabin on celebrity and it was like a weird cabin where they put all their leftover furniture and never really took care of or upgraded.  It was super disappointing. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Tennant said:

Thanks for posting, I thought I was the only one looking for pictures/info. on this area.  It seems like no one is reviewing this ship or the new features.  We are traveling with our 3 year old and our 9 mth old baby and I'd live to see some pictures of the rest of area, especially the seating area since that's where I will be with baby while DH and DS are playing in the water.  Also traveling with my parents and grandparents so I wanted to see the shade structures for baby and great-grandma and grandpa.

Any pics? Also, one more attempt for info. on the family suite on this ship. Pics? Looking to see if it got new carpet and beds in the dry dock.  We took a family cabin on celebrity and it was like a weird cabin where they put all their leftover furniture and never really took care of or upgraded.  It was super disappointing. 

Thanks!

Note from the Princess youth FAQ's

Do onboard pools have age or height restrictions?

Parents must supervise their children at all times when using the pools, as there are no lifeguards on duty. Because of U.S. public health restrictions, children in diapers, even swim diapers, may not use the pools.

skynight,

I do not remember stating that I planned to take children in diapers or swim diapers into this area.  I am fully aware of the rules and regulations that may pertain to my family, this will be my 3 year old son's 4th cruise.  I have no intention of taking my baby into this water area and my other child is potty trained.  

It is a shame though that Princess created this area for small children and then immediately excludes them from using the area because they did not install the correct systems to make it possible.  The splash areas on RCCL and Disney and I believe one NCL ship allow children in swim diapers.  Again, doesn't apply to us on this trip because my baby is too young to participate and my oldest is trained. 

I've seen the above quoted info regarding young children and swim diapers. I know the Princess site has one of the most useless search functions known to humanity but I did try using it and wasn't able to find any info regarding restrictions for adult diapers in the pools. One has to wonder...

19 hours ago, Tennant said:

Also, one more attempt for info. on the family suite on this ship. Pics? Looking to see if it got new carpet and beds in the dry dock.  We took a family cabin on celebrity and it was like a weird cabin where they put all their leftover furniture and never really took care of or upgraded.  It was super disappointing. 

@Tennant Have you started a thread with this question? That would have the best possibility of getting a response.

I can't find it right now but I recall another review I read here of the new splash area was that the flooring used is extremely slippery - their child fell a few times and lost interest -- so maybe consider water shoes to reduce slips and falls?