Coffee Shop on Independence of the Seas?

tomko2

I am looking at the Deck plans for the Indy and do not see Cafe Promenade.  Is it gone?

If so, is there somewhere else on board to get specialty coffees and somewhere for light snacks other than Sorrento's late night?

Thank you.

17 minutes ago, tomko2 said:

Thank you.  I am very happy to know Cafe Promenade is still there.  There is no notation on the Deck Plans on RCL's website showing it so I thought it had disappeared.

Typical RC.

You are correct - It does not show on the deck plans but as the other poster mentioned, it is across from Ben & Jerry's. They even have the Fork/Knife/Spoon symbol to indicate where it is, but it is not labeled. We were on Indy in May and will be on it again this coming Feb. 

image.png.6cb1f2ec27adce775f6bfe0f3e7951fc.png

• 3 weeks later...

Thank You.

That's what I saw which made me think it was gone.  Frankly, the Cafe Promenade is one of the best things about the Promenade Deck so very happy it is still there.

K

Edited by tomko2

On 11/24/2019 at 5:16 PM, tomko2 said:

I am looking at the Deck plans for the Indy and do not see Cafe Promenade.  Is it gone?

If so, is there somewhere else on board to get specialty coffees and somewhere for light snacks other than Sorrento's late night?

Thank you.

Cafe Promenade was there in April and on Explorer in October.

Seattle's best I believe is the coffee shop.

Cafe Promenade has its own free coffee machine inside the cafe as does the Diamond Lounge.

Edited by grapau27

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 9:30 AM, grapau27 said:

Cafe Promenade was there in April and on Explorer in October.

Seattle's best I believe is the coffee shop.

Cafe Promenade has its own free coffee machine inside the cafe as does the Diamond Lounge.

As a Diamond member, can I go into the Lounge for a cup of coffee and then take it out to drink elsewhere, in a paper cup?

6 minutes ago, 2flacruisers said:

As a Diamond member, can I go into the Lounge for a cup of coffee and then take it out to drink elsewhere, in a paper cup?

Yes, assuming they are not out of paper cups.  You can take out the regular cups too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, assuming they are not out of paper cups.  You can take out the regular cups too.

Thank you....as you are a fountain of knowledge, I would like to ask...my sister is travelling in the same cabin...will I be able to take her with me into the Lounge (she is not diamond)?

17 minutes ago, 2flacruisers said:

Thank you....as you are a fountain of knowledge, I would like to ask...my sister is travelling in the same cabin...will I be able to take her with me into the Lounge (she is not diamond)?

Unfortunately, Royal does not confer C&A perks on cabin mates.

19 minutes ago, 2flacruisers said:

Definitely not during free happy hour drinks as the concierge will probably check your seapass cards.

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Definitely not during free happy hour drinks as the concierge will probably check your seapass cards.

Thanks...I knew it wouldn't be allowed during the happy hour thing.   I am just  hoping that they down load the 3 drinks to my card...since that is all I drink during the day...would rather spend my money on other things...

10 minutes ago, 2flacruisers said:

I am just  hoping that they down load the 3 drinks to my card...since that is all I drink during the day...would rather spend my money on other things...

Keep in mind the three drinks on your sea pass will only work during the happy hour times. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2flacruisers said:

Thanks...I knew it wouldn't be allowed during the happy hour thing.   I am just  hoping that they down load the 3 drinks to my card...since that is all I drink during the day...would rather spend my money on other things...

The 3 drinks in other bars available during happy hour are on top of the free drinks in the DL.

When you get a drink in a bar tell them it is from your free diamond drinks,also any of your other diamond benefits tell them as they in my experience don't always apply them unless you ask.

A list of your diamond benefits should be in your cabin.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 2flacruisers said:

The DL is on deck 14 inside the Viking Crown Lounge so nothing stopping you getting your coffees during the day from the DL and sitting in the VCL with your sister.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

The DL is on deck 14 inside the Viking Crown Lounge so nothing stopping you getting your coffees during the day from the DL and sitting in the VCL with your sister.

This is Independence DL.

This is the view when you enter from the VCL.

The coffee machine is right next to the door on the right hand side as you enter.

IMG_20190525_145256.jpg

• Like 1