What they will do

stezarium

2 hours ago, uvadover said:

If you don't know the connecting neighbor, the door between the two rooms will be closed and locked so that your neighbor can't walk in.  

Warning. We just had a MAJOR dilemma with a connecting room during our October 27th-Nov. 3rd Harmony cruise. We weren't loud at all. But, the neighbors kept yelling at my GF, and I to be quiet through the connecting door. We could hear everything from their room. Bathroom, talking, etc.. They called and complained to housekeeping, and security. Became a nightmare of a week.

STILL waiting for the call from Royal, that the housekeeping and hotel director told me I would be receiving.

3 minutes ago, FireEMT978 said:

Warning. We just had a MAJOR dilemma with a connecting room during our October 27th-Nov. 3rd Harmony cruise. We weren't loud at all. But, the neighbors kept yelling at my GF, and I to be quiet through the connecting door. We could hear everything from their room. Bathroom, talking, etc.. They called and complained to housekeeping, and security. Became a nightmare of a week.

STILL waiting for the call from Royal, that the housekeeping and hotel director told me I would be receiving.

yeah im going to go ahead and give royal a call in the morning and see if i can be moved or even pay the difference of what the guarantee room vs you pick room would be.  

8 minutes ago, EDiamond22 said:

yeah im going to go ahead and give royal a call in the morning and see if i can be moved or even pay the difference of what the guarantee room vs you pick room would be.  

I told them, that I will NEVER be in another connecting room after that fiasco. The housekeeping director told me upon disembarkation, that they have a "Simple 10 minute fix" for the noise. He said it is called something like a "Tape Seal". He told me that the connecting room doors intentionally have a "gap" so families can communicate through them. As, that is "Normally" who reserves connecting rooms. On disembarkation morning, I had a beam of light from their room, shining directly on my face, through the connecting door, to my pillow on the bed. It was that large of a gap. And, I had told this to our stateroom attendant daily. I actually have a picture of the light beam through our room at 5:00am on disembarkation morning, while I was still trying to sleep.

Edited by FireEMT978
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, FireEMT978 said:

I told them, that I will NEVER be in another connecting room after that fiasco. The housekeeping director told me upon disembarkation, that they have a "Simple 10 minute fix" for the noise. He said it is called something like a "Tape Seal". He told me that the connecting room doors intentionally have a "gap" so families can communicate through them. As, that is "Normally" who reserves connecting rooms. On disembarkation morning, I had a beam of light from their room, shining directly on my face, through the connecting door, to my pillow on the bed. It was that large of a gap. And, I had told this to our stateroom attendant daily. I actually have a picture of the light beam through our room at 5:00am on disembarkation morning, while I was still trying to sleep.

really thank you for sharing as i might not have pressed my concerns i will be doing that first thing tomrrow! im sorry you had to deal with it though

48 minutes ago, FireEMT978 said:

I have had connecting cabins and there has NEVER been even a tiny bit of light visible around the door.  This must be a Harmony problem specifically.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Connecting rooms can have a love seat instead of a sofa due to less wall space.

I also feel they transfer noise more than non connecting 

We avoid them at all costs

Me too.  The one and only time I made the mistake of booking a connecting cabin (was only thing left on a late booking), the family with two very active boys next door were extremely noisy.  To make matters worse, the boys kept trying to open the connecting door.  I finally had to yell at them through the door to "knock it off, we are not letting you in!".  That stopped that activity, but they were still noisy all week.  And I missed having the couch.

Never...ever...never again.  😠

• Like 1

22 hours ago, stezarium said:

I was hoped that I'll get better category for free (oceanview balcony for example), but now I see I have to try RoyalUp to get better cabin. From oceanview balcony (minimum 50$PP) to Junior Suite i(300$PP minimum).

I'm not 100% if you can do this, as you have a guarantee, and not a specific room.

I'm on the Allure next week.  Originally, I had a midship interior (there aren't that many of these), so I counted myself lucky.  Then I did found a price drop, where I got a Neighborhood balcony for about $75.00 less than what I paid for my interior, so I upgraded.  I only lost $25.00 OBC off of that, so it was still a net gain, AND an upgrade.  Final payment came and went.  I paid.  I started to get the bid emails.  I looked at the bit, and saw what you saw, and was like meh, I don't care to pay to upgrade.  I like where i am.

HOWEVER.  I found the price continued to drop after final payment.  Though I could not get the price, the Oceanview balcony DID fall below what I paid for my neighborhood Balcony and I was allowed to upgrade for free, with no loss to OBC.  If i had gone with the bid, I would have had to pay a minimum of $100.00 to get that ocean view, but I went around the bid system and just upgraded.  I COULD have gotten a large Balcony, but this time, it would have costed me another $50.00 OBC, and since i could not get the price drop, I passed on that upgrade.

• 3 weeks later...

So, what I got. On May 2019 I ordered Neighborhood Stateroom with Balcony guarantee and got in November Central Park Stateroom with balcony on deck 10. They chose it in September or before that for me (by scanning bar code on SetSail Pass you can get your stateroom number), but put officially number of my stateroom just in November.

Also, in November I did RoyalUp request for Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony. I put 100$ for stateroom, and one week later I changed it for 150$).

Today, I just called to Royal Caribbean and asked them for upgrade my stateroom for Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony. Anna helped me with that and she gave for me Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony on deck 7. I just must return back 75$ onboard credits, because they gave me 100$ onboard credits when I booked the stateroom guarantee and later additional 50$ onboard credits for Neighborhood Stateroom with Balcony. Now they giving only 75$ onboard credits when you book stateroom with balcony.

So, it's looked like I paid 75$ for upgrade and it's better then paying 150$ for upgrade.