How much to tip Penthouse Butler, 12 day cruise?

WahooNKS

15 hours ago, Lady Meer said:

We are British - English to be exact - we don’t have your philosophy as we always tip our butler as well as paying the gratuity.

one and the same just using different words.   

7 hours ago, StanandJim said:

Would you also say that to an American who called himself a Floridian?

Sure would.  Tip, gratuity  same thing.  Different words for what it is.  What do you think it is?   

Will be doing 2 cruises on Riviera! TA Miami to Rome than 4 days later Monte Carlo to Barcelona. I was going to give $25.00 to our steward on both cruises and 

$50.00 to both our butlers! I think I will be having the same butler too!

I sure hope this is fine. I have special cards to give them too!

Denise😊

Denise,

Personally I would say anything is fine!  And I would not pre-judge what I'm going to give. 

There were times early on in our Oceania days when we gave nothing extra.  In those days we thought the required amount was fine ... but in recent years we have indeed been giving extra.  But it does depend on the service.  And what you ask them to do. 

When we had a private cocktail party in our suite of course we tipped accordingly.  When we're just having a few meals in our suite, then we adjust the amount.  But he definitely gets more than what is automatically charged.

I'm sure they will be happy with anything you choose to give, as well as the special cards.

Mura

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mura said:

Denise,

Personally I would say anything is fine!  And I would not pre-judge what I'm going to give. 

There were times early on in our Oceania days when we gave nothing extra.  In those days we thought the required amount was fine ... but in recent years we have indeed been giving extra.  But it does depend on the service.  And what you ask them to do. 

When we had a private cocktail party in our suite of course we tipped accordingly.  When we're just having a few meals in our suite, then we adjust the amount.  But he definitely gets more than what is automatically charged.

I'm sure they will be happy with anything you choose to give, as well as the special cards.

Mura

Mura, Thank you so much! You know this is our first O cruises with HAL I would give something little to our stewards but with O it seems so special and I want the staff to feel special too!

Thank you again

Denise😊

Denise!

Your personal interaction with the butler and cabin staff will make them feel special, I'm sure of that!  Smiles go a long way, don't they?  And whatever you choose to give will also be appreciated.

Have a wonderful cruise.  We always have!

Mura

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mura said:

Denise!

Your personal interaction with the butler and cabin staff will make them feel special, I'm sure of that!  Smiles go a long way, don't they?  And whatever you choose to give will also be appreciated.

Have a wonderful cruise.  We always have!

Mura

Much appreciated Mura!  I feel better. I was reading every one’s comments over time and finally decided to chime in! 
Thank you again my friend.

Sincerly,

Denise😊