Renting A Car At Port Everglades After a Cruise

lidolovers

Hi, 

We are cruising on the Allure in a few weeks and I have scheduled to pick up a car rental at the Port Everglades Alamo location after the cruise.  Am I crazy?  Is it going to be insanely busy after?  How do most people get from the cruise ship to the rental location after a cruise?  Do they have shuttles, or can you walk?

My other choice was to pick up the car at a location farther away.  We are staying for a week in Aventura after the cruise.

Any tips or recommendations?

Thanks!

I just came back from a cruise out of Port Everglades and rented a car through Dollar, not Alamo, but the process is the same. Call the rental car location and tell them you have a reservation, they will come pick you up in a shuttle bus and bring you to the office. I wouldn't suggest walking it, it's not pedestrian friendly. Surprisingly, no one else from my cruise had a reservation with the car rental company because we were the only ones on the shuttle bus.

• Like 1

I just rented a car from Alamo on the 7th. They have a shuttle that picks up at the terminal. The rental office is a large size with plenty of cars. I did self debark (carnival) and carried my own luggage off and was at the rental desk by 8am - beat the rush! We only have 2 ships in port that day, so light port load overall. Overall good experience.

We arrived at Terminal 4, and I would not try to walk that, especially with luggage.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, samrothstein said:

I just rented a car from Alamo on the 7th. They have a shuttle that picks up at the terminal. The rental office is a large size with plenty of cars. I did self debark (carnival) and carried my own luggage off and was at the rental desk by 8am - beat the rush! We only have 2 ships in port that day, so light port load overall. Overall good experience.

We arrived at Terminal 4, and I would not try to walk that, especially with luggage.

We also rented at the port and returned to FLL airport 

• Like 1

We just got off of the Crown Princess today. Once off of the ship at Terminal 2, we walked toward the taxi/shuttle/car rental signage. The Alamo van was there, waiting for us along with two other couples. We got to  the the Alamo on Eller, [no waiting] did the final paperwork, loaded our luggage and set off toward Miami to explore Monkey Jungle for a few hours. Then headed back to Fort Lauderdale to check in to the Hyatt. We are returning the car at FLL in a few days and then onto our flight home.

When renting, be sure you select the Eller location for pick up NOT FLL. There are no shuttles from PE to the airport pick up site.

Darcy

• 4 weeks later...