Carnival Gift Cards - AARP

Gamecock_Cruiser

We haven't cruised in almost two years so haven't worried about discount gift cards. I don't see how to take the quizzes to get them through AARP anymore. Is this still possible? My dad is of the AARP age. Does he need to sign up to buy them discounted? Any other way to get them discounted?

Thanks!

"On September 24th, Rewards for Good will become AARP Rewards. AARP Rewards is coming later today, September 24th. Thank you for your patience while we get the program up and running."

They have discontinued the old program, and bringing out a new one today. As of yet they have not started back the quizzes.

https://campaigns.aarp.org/RewardsforGood/

Just now, jc4me said:

I just logged in and you do have to be an AARP member to get the discounted cards.  I let my membership expire, so I will be using Allstate Drivewise to get my cards in the future.

No. You do not have to be a member to take advantage of the gift card promotions.

1 hour ago, Joe817 said:

No. You do not have to be a member to take advantage of the gift card promotions.

I just logged on, earned 5000 points, then looked at the gift cards. There are 2 Carnival cards. $100 for $90 and $500 foe $448 but now you have to be a member to get them:(

If you have a Citibank credit card that’s part of the citi easy deals program, you can get the same Carnival discounted gift cards. $90 for $100 and $450 for $500. It’s so much easier than taking those quizzes and no shipping charges. I just ordered some cards Sunday night and had them on Thursday.

• Like 1

so I just logged on and got signed up to be a member. It was $12 to subscribe for the year.  I'm only 29. 

I did find that both of the gift cards ($500 and $100) are only able to be purchased 1 time per month.  What a bunch of crap! You can only purchase up to 3 gift cards from different retailers a month as well. Not sure what to do at this point as I was hoping to be able to purchase all my gift cards at once to cover the balance of my cruise. 

Just now, Mntbiker2008 said:

so I just logged on and got signed up to be a member. It was $12 to subscribe for the year.  I'm only 29. 

I did find that both of the gift cards ($500 and $100) are only able to be purchased 1 time per month.  What a bunch of crap! You can only purchase up to 3 gift cards from different retailers a month as well. Not sure what to do at this point as I was hoping to be able to purchase all my gift cards at once to cover the balance of my cruise. 

Time to go to the dark side and join Allstate!

Just now, n6uqqq said:

Time to go to the dark side and join Allstate!

I joined Allstate a few months ago but cannot figure out how to get points for the life of me.  I tried the app and doing the driving thing but that doesn't accumulate points nearly as fast as the quizzes on here. What am I missing? 

Just now, Mntbiker2008 said:

I joined Allstate a few months ago but cannot figure out how to get points for the life of me.  I tried the app and doing the driving thing but that doesn't accumulate points nearly as fast as the quizzes on here. What am I missing? 

Go to the allstate thread and there are a ton of codes there. I just started a few months ago and have 202000 points.