Carnival Gift Cards - AARP

Gamecock_Cruiser

1 minute ago, n6uqqq said:

Looks like solid proof to me! Thanks! Do the gift cards require points also?

I don't know.  I couldn't get any farther without joining (and I can't join today, because someone stole my debit card number and I had to cancel my card, uggghhh!!!)

3 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Interesting indeed. Can you post a link that says that? Thanks!

No link, it's a pop up that says I can join AARP to get the gift card when I click on it.  Looks like others are having the same experience.  That's great for you if you can make the purchase without an AARP membership! 

1 minute ago, Joe817 said:

Thanks so much! That's what I get for opening my mouth for not knowing all the facts. Learn something new every day.

Is anyone else having problems with accessing the "new" rewards site? I have been waiting for hours and they said "later today".

18 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Is anyone else having problems with accessing the "new" rewards site? I have been waiting for hours and they said "later today".

I haven't gotten in either. The main rewards for good main page said the link was "coming later today." Andg I"m not finding out about anything Carnival gift card related either. I'm stumped.

19 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

I haven't gotten in either. The main rewards for good main page said the link was "coming later today." Andg I"m not finding out about anything Carnival gift card related either. I'm stumped.

I received an email saying Welcome to AARP rewards and if I click on the link in that email it will take me to the new rewards page, but if I try to visit AARP without the link from the email it brings me to the old Rewards for Goods. I copied and pasted the link below. I also had to pay $12 to become a member but they have a daily prize and I won a $5 Amazon egift card so its still a win for me 🙂

https://www.aarp.org/rewards/

17 minutes ago, NC_Cruisin said:

I received an email saying Welcome to AARP rewards and if I click on the link in that email it will take me to the new rewards page, but if I try to visit AARP without the link from the email it brings me to the old Rewards for Goods. I copied and pasted the link below. I also had to pay $12 to become a member but they have a daily prize and I won a $5 Amazon egift card so its still a win for me 🙂

Many thanks! I went to the site, subscribed to the health e newsletter, and something else(can't remember) and even before I took one quiz, I was already up to 4,500 points! Didn't look for Carnival g.c.'s though. Will do that later.

1 minute ago, Joe817 said:

Many thanks! I went to the site, subscribed to the health e newsletter, and something else(can't remember) and even before I took one quiz, I was already up to 4,500 points! Didn't look for Carnival g.c.'s though. Will do that later.

Make sure you look for this! There are actually a lot more options for gift cards, and there are some gift cards of smaller denominations that only require points. If I read correctly the Carnival gift cards will be electronic, (fulfilled as a digital gift code) so no snail mail 🙂 Its a bummer we are limited to one of each denomination per month but I guess we will have to switch over to All State for the others.

image.png

I saw this statement on their site...

• AARP members will still earn 50% more points, plus they unlock access to exclusive catalog offers.

and suspected it meant the Carnival cards would only be available to members. I guess my suspicions were correct. I'm still not able to access it from their site, I get the "later today" page. And I haven't gotten the email, but I was able to logon using the link NC Cruisin posted. Once I did and accepted the terms, I got a welcome email.

You don't have to be age 50 to join AARP. I joined a couple years ago and it includes a complimentary membership card for one other person in your household. Some are saying they're running a $12 promotion for the first year right now, but it's usually $16/year. That's still a good price. Aside from Carnival cards, there are a lot of other good member benefits. We use ours mostly for car rentals to drive to cruise home ports and hotels and the money we save pays for our AARP membership many times over.

I noticed this in the fine print "Disclaimer" for the Carnival cards:

• *You may purchase 1 gift card from this retailer per month and up to a total of 3 gift cards, each from a different retailer, per month.

I wonder who these "different retailers" are that they speak of? Still, this limitation is very disappointing. AARP benefits from these cards in some way. Either they get a cut or they use them as a marketing tool to drive traffic to the organization, but they must benefit somehow. If they didn't, they wouldn't do this. And these Carnival cards are always in high demand, so surely they're highly beneficial to AARP. I suggest everyone contact them and respectfully request that this monthly limitation be removed. It's already enough that they now limit them to only members, there's no need to make it worse. If everyone has to pay for membership, we should be allowed to buy as many cards as we want.

The new site is running at a snail's pace for me.

I'm a bit nervous because we ordered about $1,500 worth of cards last night to use up our points and they no longer show up in my Transaction History of this new system.

Edited by Organized Chaos

Well, when I logged in and noticed a tab marked 'redeem my points', clicked on it  and noticed a box on the right side of the page that was titled  Enter Promo Code. Is that something new? And where can we go to find those promo codes? Maybe the new program is so new they haven't set that up yet. 

Just now, Joe817 said:

Well, when I logged in and noticed a tab marked 'redeem my points', clicked on it  and noticed a box on the right side of the page that was titled  Enter Promo Code. Is that something new? And where can we go to find those promo codes? Maybe the new program is so new they haven't set that up yet. 

They've always had an "Enter Promo Box", however I think they haven't sent out emails or given out points codes.

2 hours ago, NC_Cruisin said:

Thanks for the link. I went and checked the 2 boxes and it is showing I have 26500 points. i hope this link was not meant for just you and causes any issues like happened a few months ago with the "code" that got some blocked out of AARP Rewards for Good.

59 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

They've always had an "Enter Promo Box", however I think they haven't sent out emails or given out points codes.

Right. They give promo codes in their email newsletters. In the past, only some of the newsletters we could subscribe to gave promo codes, and even those barely ever gave me any. There was a time when I'd get several codes a month, then it dropped to 2-3 a month. Who know what it'll be like now.

7 minutes ago, I_AM_GROOT said:

Anyone else having issues getting points from quizzes?

Yep. I just tried one quiz for 450 points and it did not give me the points. However, it was letting me go back and take the quiz again. I'll wait until they get the bugs worked out before I start taking a bunch of quizzes.

1 minute ago, Ziggy7 said:

The AARP is being renamed and will not be available until tomorrow. If you already had points, they will comp you some new points, but it is starting over with a new company handling the rewards, so points won't transfer>

No, the new program (AARP Rewards) started today. Some people still aren't able to access the new website from AARP's main site yet, but if you go to https://www.aarp.org/rewards/, you should be able to log on. Apparently, you should also get an email telling you it's available.

I called them earlier to make sure my two orders from yesterday were still in their system, because they aren't showing up in my transaction history on the new site. The first rep. I talked to, before being transferred to the rewards department, said, "Oh my god, it was a madhouse here yesterday!" 🤣 I'm sure they're scrambling today, too. Anyway, my orders are still in place. 👍

6 hours ago, ChosenOne said:

pay the $16 or whatever it is to join AARP...you now have to be a member to get Carnival gift cards

I just re-upped for three years for $36.00. I called customer service and that's the rate they gave me.