Carnival Gift Cards - AARP

Gamecock_Cruiser

3 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

Looks like Deluxe Rewards has been replaced by Hello world, Inc for AARP . I guess the points don't have a whole lot of meaning now.

I was looking to see if Deluxe still ran it, but couldn't find it anywhere. I'll bet this new monthly limit comes from this new company. Maybe they don't stock as many as Deluxe does. I can't say it enough...very disappointing. We got our e-cards back, the price of the $500 cards dropped $2, but now we have this stupid one-card limit per denomination. I'd rather have to put up with shipping the physical cards and still be able to order as many as I want.

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

I was looking to see if Deluxe still ran it, but couldn't find it anywhere. I'll bet this new monthly limit comes from this new company. Maybe they don't stock as many as Deluxe does. I can't say it enough...very disappointing. We got our e-cards back, the price of the $500 cards dropped $2, but now we have this stupid one-card limit per denomination. I'd rather have to put up with shipping the physical cards and still be able to order as many as I want.

You can find in the the AARP rewards terms and conditions section. Link is at bottom of page in middle.

Edited by n6uqqq

4 hours ago, canes20 said:

Thanks for the link. I went and checked the 2 boxes and it is showing I have 26500 points. i hope this link was not meant for just you and causes any issues like happened a few months ago with the "code" that got some blocked out of AARP Rewards for Good.

You're welcome. That was just the generic link, I dont have anywhere near that number of points so I dont think it was associated with my account.

I'm still not getting points. I've taken two quizzes worth 450 pts. each and subscribed to the daily newsletter, which was supposed to be worth 750 pts., but haven't gotten any of it. It doesn't seem like they've worked out all the kinks yet. I expected better considering they've spent months working on this changeover.

4 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I'm still not getting points. I've taken two quizzes worth 450 pts. each and subscribed to the daily newsletter, which was supposed to be worth 750 pts., but haven't gotten any of it. It doesn't seem like they've worked out all the kinks yet. I expected better considering they've spent months working on this changeover.

I've taken 2 quizzes myself, both 450 pts. ea, and wasn't rewarded with anything. I DID notice though that on the opening page it said "BETA". So perhaps a dry run, maybe? I'm gonna back off a few days to let the dust settle, to make sure I'm not barking up the wrong tree. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

I've taken 2 quizzes myself, both 450 pts. ea, and wasn't rewarded with anything. I DID notice though that on the opening page it said "BETA". So perhaps a dry run, maybe? I'm gonna back off a few days to let the dust settle, to make sure I'm not barking up the wrong tree. 

You would think they would make sure this worked before released since they hyped this thing up.

Followed the link provided and was able to sign up. Started out with 4500 pts, then joined for $12 for the first year with auto renew for second and got up to 12,000 pts. It does kinda suck that you can only get one Carnival card per month but its good that you don't need points to buy them as far as I can tell. 

Also if I read correctly your spouse or SO could get a free membership when you sign up, so you can in theory between two people get two cards per month. So if you get the $500 (448) cards that saves you $608 over the course of a year with the cost of one membership included. So if a spouse is included you could save $1232.. It might not be as good as it once was but it is good enough for me. We don't spend enough on cruises every year to max that out yet. $12,000 a year is a lot for some. Not judging those that spend more just jealous lol. 

Carnival eGift Cards Broken - Do Not Purchase 

Just a heads up, the carnival egiftcards ordered via the new rewards site are not working, they are missing the PIN number on them and can't be redeemed. I spent all evening on the phone with AARP, Carnival, Rewards department going in an endless loop getting nowhere. I wasted hours and hours on hold, talking, being hung up on, transferred. Terrible experience.

One of the people finally gave me the direct number to the department where you can request the refund if you got one of these invalid cards.
866-839-0463

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

No, the new program (AARP Rewards) started today. Some people still aren't able to access the new website from AARP's main site yet, but if you go to https://www.aarp.org/rewards/, you should be able to log on. Apparently, you should also get an email telling you it's available.

Yes it said yesterday it was beginning but none of the pages were working for me so I said it would start today :) It looks like the Carnival gift cards are now members only purchase. They are having a lot of kinks, as the quizzes are not giving the correct amount of points for quizzes. So give them time to work them out.

For those of you who are not already AARP members Walgreens sometimes gives free one year memberships if you buy several of their house brand products at a time. Just watch the strip of coupons they give you at the register. I have been able to extend my husband's membership (which includes me) a couple of times this way. I haven't found any way to tell when Walgreens is going to give this benefit. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Ziggy7 said:

Yes it said yesterday it was beginning but none of the pages were working for me so I said it would start today 🙂 It looks like the Carnival gift cards are now members only purchase. They are having a lot of kinks, as the quizzes are not giving the correct amount of points for quizzes. So give them time to work them out.

I've been doing their rewards for about 2 1/2 years and it's been quite typical that they don't give their rewards department a lot of attention or put a lot of effort into it. Technically, the rewards programs (Rewards for Good and now AARP Rewards) are operated by a third-party company, but AARP does have a separate dept. that handles the customer service for the rewards participants. Give them time? They've been working on this changeover for several months. They even had to delay the launch. It was originally supposed to launch in July, then got bumped to Sept. After all that time, this new program should have a majority of the bugs worked out by now. Especially something as key as earning points. There's two primary things we do with this program...earn points and redeem points. Half of it isn't working. Arguably, the most important half, because without earning, we can't redeem. "Beta" or not, that's a giant bug, especially considering they've been working on this for as long as they have. That's something that should've been caught during alpha testing and not released to the public.

49 minutes ago, JennVT said:

For those of you who are not already AARP members Walgreens sometimes gives free one year memberships if you buy several of their house brand products at a time. Just watch the strip of coupons they give you at the register. I have been able to extend my husband's membership (which includes me) a couple of times this way. I haven't found any way to tell when Walgreens is going to give this benefit. 

Interesting. So this works with current members as well, and not just for new members? Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

Update: It appears the points system is working. I took a quiz and subscribed to a couple newsletters that I didn't have before and got all the proper points.

I've now seen two people say they've received 25,000 points as a welcome gift to the new program. They only gave me 3,000. User Canes20 in this thread said they started with 26,500 points. A user in another thread said they had 25,000 points and was able to add another 1,500. They thought it transferred over from their old account, but I don't think anyone's points got transferred. It's looking like some people are receiving a lot more welcome points. Having been an AARP member for a year and a half and participating in Rewards for Good for 2 1/2 years, I can't help but wonder why some are getting such a large amount of points to start.

Edited by Organized Chaos

I believe that higher points  were proportionally  given to those who are very active on AARP's former rewards program. 

Hubby received this much I think because I barely went on his account to take quizzes and what not.  He only received 4,000 points

image.thumb.png.6cf0503306ab485d3cd72eb14a81af6a.png

I received  25,000 points to start.

image.thumb.png.592a2e1acf707794e1a4cf04486dbfc7.png

If there are people who received way more points, congrats!  I haven't stalked the site as much as I believed I did.

3 minutes ago, Ak4n3 said:

I believe that higher points  were proportionally  given to those who are very active on AARP's former rewards program. 

Hubby received this much I think because I barely went on his account to take quizzes and what not.  He only received 4,000 points

image.thumb.png.6cf0503306ab485d3cd72eb14a81af6a.png

I received  25,000 points to start.

image.thumb.png.592a2e1acf707794e1a4cf04486dbfc7.png

If there are people who received way more points, congrats!  I haven't stalked the site as much as I believed I did.

I had 27,000 points and was active at least twice a week. I only got 4,000 points bonus.

Just now, n6uqqq said:

I got a total of 26000      25k welcome and 1k for signing up. Points don't seem so relevant now that you have to be a member to buy the Carnival cards and no points involved.

I guess I didn't receive a welcome bonus since I already got A LOT of points from Allstate CS.

2 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

I had 27,000 points and was active at least twice a week. I only got 4,000 points bonus.

Just speculating here:  Did you use your points before the old program ended?  I used up 100k from redeeming all those sweepstakes and carnival gift cards up to a week before the program ended and I dropped to 9k after I'm done with it.  Hubby had still 40k left over from the old program and he never used it to redeem anything.

I had about 50,000 points left on rewards for good, I bought a lot of carnival gift cards on the site. Just logged in and they gave me 25,000 points to start plus 1000 points for logging in and 500 points for signing up for the email news letter when I first logged in.  I have 26,500 points.   

I am not a paying AARP member though but might spend  the $12 for the membership so i can get the carnival cards.  Bad thing is i'm reading now is 1 card limit each $500 and $100 cards per month?  Othing I notice is there is no organization to categorizing the any of the stuff.  old site you could click on gift cards tab and select travel and there were  the carnival gift cards.  This new site I keep clicking "SEE MORE" button and i'll get 12 more rewards items and i've been clicking "SEE MORE" for several minutes and havent seen the Carnival gift cards yet.  has anyone found a way to search for them or quick way to find them easy? 

Also I'd like to say like any new website that just came online I wouldnt order anything from or expect it to work very well for a few day till they get the bugs worked out.

Edited by Brad1972