Carnival Gift Cards - AARP

Gamecock_Cruiser

13 minutes ago, buddylover said:

That new site is awful.....I had a really hard time even finding my account....I had no points left in it and I think my old account should have transferred points?? ...

The old points didn't transfer. I wish they did. I had a lot more then I do now. I think the reason some of us got so many points to start with is because we are AARP members. 

21 minutes ago, buddylover said:

That new site is awful.....I had a really hard time even finding my account....I had no points left in it and I think my old account should have transferred points?? But I signed up again....only got 1500 points, unlike so many others here who got so many more??  Took some quizzes and my points did show up immediately??  Very strange....they do have a number for "Rewards" to call....866-451-6305 - I plan to call, you may want to do the same?  Kind of frustrating to say the least.

They previously said that points would not transfer.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Teachmath1 said:

Anyone order a gift card recently? How long did it take to ship? Last time I ordered it shipped a day or two later. I placed an order Sunday and it still hasn't shipped. 

I ordered last week and received them in 5 days over the weekend.

Edited by shoptom

12 hours ago, Teachmath1 said:

Anyone order a gift card recently? How long did it take to ship? Last time I ordered it shipped a day or two later. I placed an order Sunday and it still hasn't shipped. 

I order my last ones on Thursday, 9/19, before old program ended.  They arrived on Wed., 9/25 via UPS signature required.  I think it took longer because of so many people using there last points since they were not going to be transferred to the new program.

I, too, got the 25,000 welcome points, and the 2,250 for clicking, etc (27.250).  Under the current rules, I don't see myself using them much for Carnival cruises.  I will eventually check out what other things are available with the points though.  

30 minutes ago, Sparky2 said:

They previously said that points would not transfer.

Thanks for that info.....where did you read or see that?  I haven't received any info on this new program and I have been a member for more years than I want to admit to....LOL!

39 minutes ago, cloudninecat said:

The old points didn't transfer. I wish they did. I had a lot more then I do now. I think the reason some of us got so many points to start with is because we are AARP members. 

Thanks for the info.....but as I just posted....I, too have been a member for more years than I want to admit to.....so I still don't understand the discrepancy in points...and I had A LOT of points before this new program....uggghh!  🙄

2 minutes ago, buddylover said:

Thanks for that info.....where did you read or see that?  I haven't received any info on this new program and I have been a member for more years than I want to admit to....LOL!

It was listed in all of the emails I received before the program ended that points would not transfer under the new program.

Just now, Sparky2 said:

It was listed in all of the emails I received before the program ended that points would not transfer under the new program.

Thanks for that info.....but I did not get an email unfortunately.....used to get their newsletters but they disappeared too....hmmm!  But thanks for the info!

36 minutes ago, buddylover said:

Thanks for the info.....but as I just posted....I, too have been a member for more years than I want to admit to.....so I still don't understand the discrepancy in points...and I had A LOT of points before this new program....uggghh!  🙄

You got me then. It was just a guess. Maybe ask on the AARP forum. Perhaps it's a bug that only affects some people.

It's my understanding the welcome bonus is different for everyone, based on how much you participated in the old Rewards for Good program.  Some people have reported receiving 0 welcome bonus points, up to a max of 25,000 welcome bonus points is the most I've seen so far.  I received 3,000 welcome bonus points.  I am not an AARP member, I only did the rewards for good program.

I actually purchased a $500 gift card yesterday. Looked today and they were gone. I went to use the card I purchased for my Cheers package today online and realized that the e gift card doesn't have a PIn. I called AARP who told me to call Carnival and gave me a number saying Carnival is aware and will issue another card via email with a PIN. After over an hour on the phone being passed back and forth within Carnival since nobody knew of this situation, we got AARP Rewards on the line in a 3 way conversation. AARP has now stated that they know about the problem but haven't solved it yet and that it is their fault and will get back to me in a few day. hopefully with a solution..lol! Good thing I don't need that $500 for a cruise tomorrow. Lots of bugs being worked out I guess. 

1 hour ago, rolaur said:

I actually purchased a $500 gift card yesterday. Looked today and they were gone. I went to use the card I purchased for my Cheers package today online and realized that the e gift card doesn't have a PIn. I called AARP who told me to call Carnival and gave me a number saying Carnival is aware and will issue another card via email with a PIN. After over an hour on the phone being passed back and forth within Carnival since nobody knew of this situation, we got AARP Rewards on the line in a 3 way conversation. AARP has now stated that they know about the problem but haven't solved it yet and that it is their fault and will get back to me in a few day. hopefully with a solution..lol! Good thing I don't need that $500 for a cruise tomorrow. Lots of bugs being worked out I guess. 

Thank you for doing all the investigative work! Very informative! I know how frustrating it must have been for you, and thanks again for hanging in there! Hopefully they will work out the probs fairly soon. 

21 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

The "AARP Rewards" link at the top of their main page works for me, or go to: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/

It used to do that to me on the old site. I almost always had to log in twice. So far this new one hasn't done it.

Thanks, that did work.  I usually just log in on the main page (I can't do that again today) and read some of the articles. I very rarely go to rewards.

I'm still waiting for the dust to settle. Imo, it's too soon to start participating in this chaos. After all, they are rolling out an new program, with obviously some bugs. Have patience. Those problems will be resolved as soon as they identify the problem. I'm biding my time. :classic_wink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe817 said:

I'm still waiting for the dust to settle. Imo, it's too soon to start participating in this chaos. After all, they are rolling out an new program, with obviously some bugs. Have patience. Those problems will be resolved as soon as they identify the problem. I'm biding my time. :classic_wink:

I know I've said it before, but I feel like they should be much more polished by now since they've been working on this for several months. If I remember right, they announced this in May, then attempted to launch in July, but had to move it back to September. They call it the Beta version, but it doesn't seem like it's even that far along.

For those commenting about the missing Carnival cards, apparently some people had ordered some shortly after the new program launches and received cards without PIN's (these are now emailed to us). If that was fairly widespread, it's likely they pulled the cards until they fix the problem. It's very odd that that happened because AARP and Allstate used to sell e-cards all the time and I don't remember that ever being a problem. Very strange that this new rewards company got a stock of Carnival e-cards without PIN's. So far I'm pretty unimpressed.

Edited by Organized Chaos

22 minutes ago, shoptom said:

Twice a day after logging into AARP, I go to rewards and click "get started."  Check mark the boxes and click continue:

Something went wrong. Please refresh your browser and try again.

I changed my browsers and I got  right in to the site.