Internet Package, one device vs 4 device option

blackfly

I just checked internet pricing for my 7 day Sky voyage in Feb. Four device plan was shown a 50% off at $104. It was reported on here that if platinum or Elite your should buy your package onboard because it was 25% off. So does this mean I will get 25% off $104 for a net cost of about $80 for the 4 device plan?

10 minutes ago, JoAnneNYI said:

I just checked internet pricing for my 7 day Sky voyage in Feb. Four device plan was shown a 50% off at $104. It was reported on here that if platinum or Elite your should buy your package onboard because it was 25% off. So does this mean I will get 25% off $104 for a net cost of about $80 for the 4 device plan?

I may have my own answer. It seems it does not matter if buy before or after unless have OBC I want to use. Found this chart:

CRUISE LENGTH PRE_CRUISE PERSONALIZER ON BOARD PRICE (Day 1)
(nights) List Price Member Discount On Board Price Member Discount Price
<7   n/a $110 $82.50
7 $105 n/a $140 $105.00
8 $120 n/a $150 $112.50
9 $135 n/a $160 $120.00
10 $150 n/a $170 $127.50
11 $165 n/a $180 $135.00
12 $180 n/a $200 $150.00
14 $210 n/a $240 $180.00

On 11/26/2019 at 9:25 AM, blackfly said:

Princess offers two unlimited internet options, one device for $9.99 a day and four devices for $14.99 a day.  Between my wife and I we have two phones and two iPads.  If we purchase the one device option can we switch which device has internet access.  We will use one at a time but would like to be able to access the internet using all four at various times.  

Peter

I just yesterday stepped off Grand Princess after 15 days SF Hawaii SF, and had Internet unlimited for 1 device at a time.  We were 3 people in C424 with phones and iPads.  We all used the package, albeit, one at a time.  Never two at the same time.  It worked fine for us and the price was satisfactory.

Edited by 2old4this
Spell

On 12/2/2019 at 2:00 PM, AF-1 said:

steelers36;  the price I mentioned is pre-cruise pricing that is listed in my cruise personalizer.  I don't believe I am a platinum member; have only sailed with princess twice

Ah, okay.  I just assumed you had some status as you are a regular long-time poster.

13 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I have no status so I will  most likely buy prior to boarding.  

Yes.

4 hours ago, caribill said:

That is the best option in your situation.

Yes.

stellers36;  yes I have been on these boards for years; however, I just started sailing with Princess in 2017; prior to that have sailed with NCL,  and have most of my cruises with Royal Caribbean.

On 11/26/2019 at 1:24 PM, steelers36 said:

Platinums and Elites get 25% off in lieu of the old free minutes benefit (your choice of one or the other).  The net price after 25% off works out that the 4-device package is the same cost as TWO 1-device packages.  That might affect your decision - IOW, why not order the 4-device package if going to order two singles anyway?

PS - I am deducing you were on the CB for 14-nights based on your price quote.  $90 for a single and $180 for 4.  Net after discounting.

You  know a lot more about this than I do! Can you answer this:

We are platinum. On the last ten day cruise on the Crown Princess I bought unlimited WiFi for 1 device for $59.99; did that on the evening we sailed. I saw a bit in in the Patter about that price, so it must have been available to anyone, regardless of their "loyalty level".

We are sailing again in January 2020 on the Grand. I thought I'd be proactive and pre-order the same unlimited internet package, but this is what I find on Princess' page under my account: "MedallionNet Voyage Package – Save over 50% pre-cruise!$69.99" .

Seems odd it cost about $10 more to order it now than waiting until we're on the ship. Or I wonder about that 25% off you mention??? Or is that $69.99 after they deducted the 25%?

Doug

17 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

You  know a lot more about this than I do! Can you answer this:

We are platinum. On the last ten day cruise on the Crown Princess I bought unlimited WiFi for 1 device for $59.99; did that on the evening we sailed. I saw a bit in in the Patter about that price, so it must have been available to anyone, regardless of their "loyalty level".

We are sailing again in January 2020 on the Grand. I thought I'd be proactive and pre-order the same unlimited internet package, but this is what I find on Princess' page under my account: "MedallionNet Voyage Package – Save over 50% pre-cruise!$69.99" .

Seems odd it cost about $10 more to order it now than waiting until we're on the ship. Or I wonder about that 25% off you mention??? Or is that $69.99 after they deducted the 25%?

Doug

For whatever unknown reason(s), Princess is not giving us a discount when ordering internet pre-cruise.  You can only receive the discount on-board in lieu of using the free minutes they give us.  It would be nice to forfeit those minutes in the Personalizer and get a discount pre-cruise. 

Be that as it may, IDK when you last sailed on the Crown, but you should not have been able to purchase MedallionNet for $60 for 10 days.  The pre-cruise price is $70 and the on-board list is $85 (before applying member discount).  There has been some price adjustments (I do not have historical pricing) and it could be you hit on an introductory special perhaps?  We were just on the Crown in Nov and I do not recall seeing internet pricing in the Patter.  If you wait until you are on the Grand, your discounted pricing will be $63.75 for single device.  Wait and save a whopping $6.25!!  At least you can use up OBC to pay for it by waiting.

1 minute ago, steelers36 said:

For whatever unknown reason(s), Princess is not giving us a discount when ordering internet pre-cruise.  You can only receive the discount on-board in lieu of using the free minutes they give us.  It would be nice to forfeit those minutes in the Personalizer and get a discount pre-cruise. 

Be that as it may, IDK when you last sailed on the Crown, but you should not have been able to purchase MedallionNet for $60 for 10 days.  The pre-cruise price is $70 and the on-board list is $85 (before applying member discount).  There has been some price adjustments (I do not have historical pricing) and it could be you hit on an introductory special perhaps?  We were just on the Crown in Nov and I do not recall seeing internet pricing in the Patter.  If you wait until you are on the Grand, your discounted pricing will be $63.75 for single device.  Wait and save a whopping $6.25!!  At least you can use up OBC to pay for it by waiting.

Yeah, weird. We were on the Crown for the 17 Nov 2019 sailing. I checked my folio, and the price I was charged for the 1 device unlimited that first evening was actually $59.99 - where'd THAT price originate?!?!😮 I recall seeing a bit in the Patter for "$60 for unlimited...". Very odd - but I don't think I dreamed it since I see it now on our folio....although for 1 penny less!

I think you're right about using the OBC - I'll just wait...hopefully the price will be somewhere between $59.99 and $63.75!

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Yeah, weird. We were on the Crown for the 17 Nov 2019 sailing. I checked my folio, and the price I was charged for the 1 device unlimited that first evening was actually $59.99 - where'd THAT price originate?!?!😮 I recall seeing a bit in the Patter for "$60 for unlimited...". Very odd - but I don't think I dreamed it since I see it now on our folio....although for 1 penny less!

I think you're right about using the OBC - I'll just wait...hopefully the price will be somewhere between $59.99 and $63.75!

We were on the one immediately prior to yours and no $60.  I cannot explain it either.

(We booked a 4-device plan for $127.50 and shared among two couples).