Jump to content

Yacht Club DINNER Menus


Host Jazzbeau
 Share

Recommended Posts

I agree with the previous poster.  The YC menus appear to heavily feature fish.  While my DH will be really happy, I am not a fan of fish unless it is scallops or Maine lobster.  I had heard that there was going to be a new head of F & B for MSC coming over from Celebrity, is there any truth to this rumor?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nashna said:

I agree with the previous poster.  The YC menus appear to heavily feature fish.  While my DH will be really happy, I am not a fan of fish unless it is scallops or Maine lobster.  I had heard that there was going to be a new head of F & B for MSC coming over from Celebrity, is there any truth to this rumor?

Nashna, I see that we will be on the same Jan 17 Divina cruise in YC (second half of your B2B)! I'm not a huge seafood fan either, but I can tell you that the Le Muse menu on my prior three cruises was not to be missed at lunch or dinner. A typical menu: chicken and beef satays (appetizer), standing prime rib roast with thyme jus and horseradish cream and a bunch of carby-carb-carbs (fancy potatoes etc.), tournedos of beef tenderloin with rosemary jus and grilled vegetables and a bunch of carby-carb-carbs (French fries), six hours slow-roasted suckling pig with star anise demi glace and baked red cabbage and a bunch of carby-carb-carbs ("potato dome"). Plus a lot of healthy no-meat options. There are also some interesting wine varieties that are not always on the list, for example when they have leftovers from the prior Mediterranean sailing. Hopefully any new F&B director will not "Westernize" the menu! I have unlimited options for that when I'm not on vacation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your post is very reassuring.   Your menu descriptions sound a lot better than the ones listed on CC.   I don't judge a cruise by the food served as I have found that what is offered at sea can't beat what we have available in the DC area.  I noticed you are from Reston.  We lived in Fairfax County for 30 years until we moved to Haymarket about four years ago.   This is our first MSC cruise.  We sailed on HAL (first and only time) last January and talked to several folks who raved about the MSC in YC.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Very interesting menus, some items seem to appear frequently but I’m on a 7 day so don’t expect that to happen.

i have two questions:

1 can you order extra vegetables?

2 I like to have some cheese then dessert, is this allowed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2020 at 7:56 PM, Number34 said:

Very interesting menus, some items seem to appear frequently but I’m on a 7 day so don’t expect that to happen.

i have two questions:

1 can you order extra vegetables?

2 I like to have some cheese then dessert, is this allowed?

Yes, you can order extra veggies.  There is a very nice looking cheese tray just as you come into the restaurant.  You can order the cheese at anytime.  You can also ask the chef to prepare a special meal.  We hadn't had chicken on the menu and requested that he make Chicken Marsala for us, which he did the next night, accompanied by some wonderful roasted veggies.  You must give him enough time to prepare the dish.  I also requested a pasta substitution for several items and received the change without a problem.  In addition to the regular menu, there is always filet mignon, salmon and a baked chicken dish.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2020 at 4:10 PM, Nashna said:

  I had heard that there was going to be a new head of F & B for MSC coming over from Celebrity, is there any truth to this rumor?

 

According to the article published in Cruise Industry News, Fall 2019 edition, that gentleman is now on the MSC payroll.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

According to the article published in Cruise Industry News, Fall 2019 edition, that gentleman is now on the MSC payroll.  

 

Right.  So if people notice a major renovation of the YC menus, please let me know and I will pull these threads.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Hi been away on Bellissima and found that new head of F&B who is now VP of F&B is Jacques Van Staden , he has been with MSC for about 6 months and did come from Celebrity

Liz

 

Good news, I assume.

 

I was pleased with most of my dinners in YC on Meraviglia.

 

Friends were on her 4 weeks later in the Bella Class experience rated  their MDR dinners and service as average.

 

Looking forward to reading more reviews.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 3/16/2020 at 2:55 PM, stoneman56 said:

3 stickies dedicated to the YC. 
The rest of you get back where you belong in steerage 

 

There are two completely different MSC experiences:  Yacht Club and the rest of the ship.  MSC set it up this way.  But Cruise Critic only has one Board for MSC, so I thought it would be helpful for the YC-only fans to get answers to their questions with these three threads.  When MSC launches the new 'Luxury Class' ships, maybe CC will split off a separate area for them, and maybe YC passengers will find their answers there – but at present this is the best we can do.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Those menus were awesome. Dinners looked YUMMY! Nice selection of starters and entree's looked KILLER!! So did the desserts. 

 

The pastas were standouts for me because the Meraviglia's YC Chef's preparation.  He prepared several dishes with Pesto, including pastas, that I would never thought would work.  It takes a bit of an "adjustment"--at least for me--to be served with a pasta whose sauce is green.  But, it was good.  Alfredo and tomato based sauces remain my favorite, however.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/1/2020 at 7:35 PM, rkacruiser said:

 

The pastas were standouts for me because the Meraviglia's YC Chef's preparation.  He prepared several dishes with Pesto, including pastas, that I would never thought would work.  It takes a bit of an "adjustment"--at least for me--to be served with a pasta whose sauce is green.  But, it was good.  Alfredo and tomato based sauces remain my favorite, however.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TTEllis said:

 

Sounds incredible. What's the Yachts Club option if you don't mind elaborating.😉

Love Pesto and have a couple great recipes over the years. Sounds KILLER, and I'm picky.

This brand has restarted cruising, right up my alley. Love RED sauce it's a problem. Thanks for the info. 

Does anyone have any idea what the average length of an MSC cruise? Thank you 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/4/2020 at 9:23 PM, TTEllis said:

Sounds incredible. What's the Yachts Club option if you don't mind elaborating.😉

Love Pesto and have a couple great recipes over the years. Sounds KILLER, and I'm picky.

This brand has restarted cruising, right up my alley. Love RED sauce it's a problem. Thanks for the info. 

Does anyone have any idea what the average length of an MSC cruise? Thank you 😎

MSC Yacht Club - Luxury Cruise - Private Club | MSC Cruises

 

Most MSC cruises are 7-night sailings.  The Yacht Club pricing is much higher.  Once you have experienced that excellent butler service, you will not want to sail in any other class.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/4/2020 at 9:23 PM, TTEllis said:

Sounds incredible. What's the Yachts Club option if you don't mind elaborating.😉

Love Pesto and have a couple great recipes over the years. Sounds KILLER, and I'm picky.

This brand has restarted cruising, right up my alley. Love RED sauce it's a problem. Thanks for the info. 

Does anyone have any idea what the average length of an MSC cruise? Thank you 😎

MSC ships have a Yacht Club section and a much larger non-YC option, with varying levels (called "Experiences") of perks and cabin desirability.

We sailed on Seaside at the lowest level, Bella, for two consecutive cruises.  We had an excellent cruise experience all around.

We noticed a small group who were apparently YC (ushered in to YC seating in the theater every night) who ate in MDR nightly.

Last year, the cruise options on Seaside were 7 or 14 nights.  Booking two 7-nighters was cheaper than one 14-night, so that's what we did.  One of the quirks of MSC.  For 2021, there are options of 3, 4, 7, 10 and 11 nights, all of which are overlapping.  However, I'm not certain that will be the case when Florida cruising begins again; perhaps all will be 7 nights, to streamline any health requirements.  Seaside is scheduled to sail from Port Canaveral.

Armonia is scheduled to sail from Miami, and I believe Meraviglia is, as well.

We really enjoyed MSC, and will sail with them again as soon as we can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Nashna said:

MSC Yacht Club - Luxury Cruise - Private Club | MSC Cruises

 

Most MSC cruises are 7-night sailings.  The Yacht Club pricing is much higher.  Once you have experienced that excellent butler service, you will not want to sail in any other class.   

I gotcha, Thank you very much. The "excellent butler service" that's me. Thanks!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

MSC ships have a Yacht Club section and a much larger non-YC option, with varying levels (called "Experiences") of perks and cabin desirability.

We sailed on Seaside at the lowest level, Bella, for two consecutive cruises.  We had an excellent cruise experience all around.

We noticed a small group who were apparently YC (ushered in to YC seating in the theater every night) who ate in MDR nightly.

Last year, the cruise options on Seaside were 7 or 14 nights.  Booking two 7-nighters was cheaper than one 14-night, so that's what we did.  One of the quirks of MSC.  For 2021, there are options of 3, 4, 7, 10 and 11 nights, all of which are overlapping.  However, I'm not certain that will be the case when Florida cruising begins again; perhaps all will be 7 nights, to streamline any health requirements.  Seaside is scheduled to sail from Port Canaveral.

Armonia is scheduled to sail from Miami, and I believe Meraviglia is, as well.

We really enjoyed MSC, and will sail with them again as soon as we can.

Thank you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

We noticed a small group who were apparently YC (ushered in to YC seating in the theater every night) who ate in MDR nightly.

 

I was not aware that this was possible.  Did the YC guests have a specific area and Stewards in the MDR?  If they were dining in the MDR nightly, why would they choose to do so?  

 

When I sailed on Meraviglia in January, I tried to find menus posted to see what was being offered.  I don't think I could ever see a dining room because of the solid doors being closed every time I walked by.  I was curious.  If a YC guest could ask to have a dinner or other meal in the MDR, that would be another interesting experience, at least for me.  

 

I was very pleased with the ambiance, cuisine, and service in the YC Restaurant.  But, as I just typed, it would be interesting to see what my fellow non-YC guests were being served.

 

(I did make a few surveys of the buffet restaurant offerings during my voyage.  Most looked good and varied.  But, I got the impression that the menu for lunch didn't change much--if at all--from day to day.  I did sample the pizza.  Very good!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was also puzzled by the YC/non-YC group.  The only thing I can figure out was that the 3- or 4-some who appeared to be in YC might have been travelling with some who were not, and that eating in MDR was the only way to do so together.  They had a fairly big table, and seemed to enjoy it!  It was a fixed dining time, so they must have pre-planned it.  All just a guess on my part, of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...