Cruise Critic Community
Host Jazzbeau

Yacht Club DINNER Menus

I agree with the previous poster.  The YC menus appear to heavily feature fish.  While my DH will be really happy, I am not a fan of fish unless it is scallops or Maine lobster.  I had heard that there was going to be a new head of F & B for MSC coming over from Celebrity, is there any truth to this rumor?

1 hour ago, Nashna said:

I agree with the previous poster.  The YC menus appear to heavily feature fish.  While my DH will be really happy, I am not a fan of fish unless it is scallops or Maine lobster.  I had heard that there was going to be a new head of F & B for MSC coming over from Celebrity, is there any truth to this rumor?

Nashna, I see that we will be on the same Jan 17 Divina cruise in YC (second half of your B2B)! I'm not a huge seafood fan either, but I can tell you that the Le Muse menu on my prior three cruises was not to be missed at lunch or dinner. A typical menu: chicken and beef satays (appetizer), standing prime rib roast with thyme jus and horseradish cream and a bunch of carby-carb-carbs (fancy potatoes etc.), tournedos of beef tenderloin with rosemary jus and grilled vegetables and a bunch of carby-carb-carbs (French fries), six hours slow-roasted suckling pig with star anise demi glace and baked red cabbage and a bunch of carby-carb-carbs ("potato dome"). Plus a lot of healthy no-meat options. There are also some interesting wine varieties that are not always on the list, for example when they have leftovers from the prior Mediterranean sailing. Hopefully any new F&B director will not "Westernize" the menu! I have unlimited options for that when I'm not on vacation.

Your post is very reassuring.   Your menu descriptions sound a lot better than the ones listed on CC.   I don't judge a cruise by the food served as I have found that what is offered at sea can't beat what we have available in the DC area.  I noticed you are from Reston.  We lived in Fairfax County for 30 years until we moved to Haymarket about four years ago.   This is our first MSC cruise.  We sailed on HAL (first and only time) last January and talked to several folks who raved about the MSC in YC.   

Very interesting menus, some items seem to appear frequently but I’m on a 7 day so don’t expect that to happen.

i have two questions:

1 can you order extra vegetables?

2 I like to have some cheese then dessert, is this allowed?

On 1/26/2020 at 7:56 PM, Number34 said:

Very interesting menus, some items seem to appear frequently but I’m on a 7 day so don’t expect that to happen.

i have two questions:

1 can you order extra vegetables?

2 I like to have some cheese then dessert, is this allowed?

Yes, you can order extra veggies.  There is a very nice looking cheese tray just as you come into the restaurant.  You can order the cheese at anytime.  You can also ask the chef to prepare a special meal.  We hadn't had chicken on the menu and requested that he make Chicken Marsala for us, which he did the next night, accompanied by some wonderful roasted veggies.  You must give him enough time to prepare the dish.  I also requested a pasta substitution for several items and received the change without a problem.  In addition to the regular menu, there is always filet mignon, salmon and a baked chicken dish.  

On 1/1/2020 at 4:10 PM, Nashna said:

I had heard that there was going to be a new head of F & B for MSC coming over from Celebrity, is there any truth to this rumor?

According to the article published in Cruise Industry News, Fall 2019 edition, that gentleman is now on the MSC payroll.  

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

According to the article published in Cruise Industry News, Fall 2019 edition, that gentleman is now on the MSC payroll.  

Right.  So if people notice a major renovation of the YC menus, please let me know and I will pull these threads.