Yacht Club DINNER Menus

Host Jazzbeau

5 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

I was also puzzled by the YC/non-YC group.  The only thing I can figure out was that the 3- or 4-some who appeared to be in YC might have been travelling with some who were not, and that eating in MDR was the only way to do so together.  They had a fairly big table, and seemed to enjoy it!  It was a fixed dining time, so they must have pre-planned it.  All just a guess on my part, of course.

I appreciate your thoughts.  Quite reasonable as to what the realities were for these MSC guests.  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 12/6/2020 at 6:46 PM, rkacruiser said:

I was not aware that this was possible.  Did the YC guests have a specific area and Stewards in the MDR?  If they were dining in the MDR nightly, why would they choose to do so?  

When I sailed on Meraviglia in January, I tried to find menus posted to see what was being offered.  I don't think I could ever see a dining room because of the solid doors being closed every time I walked by.  I was curious.  If a YC guest could ask to have a dinner or other meal in the MDR, that would be another interesting experience, at least for me.  

I was very pleased with the ambiance, cuisine, and service in the YC Restaurant.  But, as I just typed, it would be interesting to see what my fellow non-YC guests were being served.

(I did make a few surveys of the buffet restaurant offerings during my voyage.  Most looked good and varied.  But, I got the impression that the menu for lunch didn't change much--if at all--from day to day.  I did sample the pizza.  Very good!)

We were in YC on MSC Seaview for Christmas 2019. When we saw both YC and MDR menu for Christmas Dinner, we requested a table in the MDR. I do sometimes wish that we could get some of the MDR dishes sent up to the YC! I'm sure that in December we will do the same again for at least one meal.

• 4 weeks later...

From the the menus displayed am right in thinking that is the total menu for each evening? If that is the case then I find the choices limited when you consider you are paying more to be in the Yacht Club. On Celebrity Cruises Diner menu’s you have one page with a set menu and and on the other page is another menu that changes every day. 

5 hours ago, chromered7 said:

From the the menus displayed am right in thinking that is the total menu for each evening? If that is the case then I find the choices limited when you consider you are paying more to be in the Yacht Club. On Celebrity Cruises Diner menu’s you have one page with a set menu and and on the other page is another menu that changes every day. 

There is always a new dinner menu presented.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...