Easy Drink Package

Lelly123

Hi, I’m sailing on the MSC Divina in February. Does anyone have current information about what the Easy Drink Package includes? MSC’s website says ALL beverages up to $6 then lists what’s included on a chart. I’ve sent numerous emails to MSC but they won’t tell me if just the beverages included in their chart are covered or ALL beverages under $6. For example if another brand of beer, other than the 2 they have listed costs $5.00 on a bar menu would it be included in the Easy Package. Based on the wording of what’s included it would be but MSC will not answer the question. 

Thank you

1 hour ago, Lelly123 said:

Hi, I’m sailing on the MSC Divina in February. Does anyone have current information about what the Easy Drink Package includes? MSC’s website says ALL beverages up to $6 then lists what’s included on a chart. I’ve sent numerous emails to MSC but they won’t tell me if just the beverages included in their chart are covered or ALL beverages under $6. For example if another brand of beer, other than the 2 they have listed costs $5.00 on a bar menu would it be included in the Easy Package. Based on the wording of what’s included it would be but MSC will not answer the question. 

Thank you

As far as the beers go it is Heinekin Draft Beer and Miller Lite in a can and that is all the beers you get on the Easy Package.

The beer was just an example. MSC’s website clearly states unlimited consumption of ALL drinks up to $6. To me that means ALL and the ones listed are just examples. So I’m asking does anyone have first-hand knowledge of what happens on-board. 

It’s only a bit more per diem for the Premium Package, which is well worth it.

The Super-Premium Package, or whatever they call it, is not worth the money unless you want to drink cheap French Champagne all day or expensive ‘premium spirits’, only to dilute them with sodas.

Anyway, Cheers!

2 hours ago, 40yearcruiser said:

Do the drink packages on MSC include gratuities? If not, is a gratuity added to your onboard account for each drink you order or do they add a gratuity to the cost of the package? 

Yes, Beverage packages include the service charge/gratuity. There's nothing additional added when you get a drink covered by a drink package 

If you have a package as part of either a promo or your Experience booked, there's no additional service charge/gratuity charged on said package. 

If you buy the package aboard, 15% service charge is charge on the cost of the package. Of you buy in advance, no service charge added.  

Complete bar menus have been posted elsewhere recently, and I compared them to what is listed in the easy package description. The description was completely accurate as far as listing all the $6 (or under) drinks. Every other thing on the menu was $6.50 or above. Seeing things for $6.50 was a bit annoying, imo probably just done to keep them off the easy package. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

So basically, the only beverage on this menu you can order is Heineken? No wine choices at all?

There's two reds, two whites, a oink or two, and Prosecco or two included in Easy. Brands vary depending on region.  

Edited by reedprincess

12 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

There's two reds, two whites, a oink or two, and Prosecco or two included in Easy. Brands vary depending on region.  

So what I'm beginning to understand is that the "select house wines" won't appear on the menu at all, but are available. I suspect the chardonnays available will be along the lines of La Terrible or Turning Stomach. But hey, they'll get you relaxed.

This is my first time on MSC. I've figured out that on Royal/Celebrity, the wine you get with your package (no matter what package you have) is whatever they have open.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

So basically, the only beverage on this menu you can order is Heineken? No wine choices at all?

Just a reminder that the lists I posted above are for European sailings and the prices are in euros. The easy package in Europe covers drinks up to 8 euros. 

On 11/29/2019 at 10:28 AM, Bollinge said:

It’s only a bit more per diem for the Premium Package, which is well worth it.

The Super-Premium Package, or whatever they call it, is not worth the money unless you want to drink cheap French Champagne all day or expensive ‘premium spirits’, only to dilute them with sodas.

Anyway, Cheers!

$27/day/per person = $378 for a 7 day cruise.  That's beyond "Only a bit more" to me!

Luckily, we're not at all fussy on the brand of vodka or rum we drink, and only slightly fussy about our wine.  But I admit that having ONLY two choices of red is a serious limitation.

Which woukd be totally fine IF the MSC policy was to just pay the difference between the cost of what you want and the $6 package value.  Like it is on X.  (Sorry for the comparison.  But now that I've seen the 4x and 5x markup on the bottled wine list in a speciality restaurant, I'm disappointed.)

Edited by jkgourmet

14 hours ago, publicpersona said:

So what I'm beginning to understand is that the "select house wines" won't appear on the menu at all, but are available. I suspect the chardonnays available will be along the lines of La Terrible or Turning Stomach. But hey, they'll get you relaxed.

This is my first time on MSC. I've figured out that on Royal/Celebrity, the wine you get with your package (no matter what package you have) is whatever they have open.

Yeah, basically.  Except the house wines are actually pretty good. Or at least decent. They're not rotgut and are  A large  step above Turning Stomach or La Terrible or Two Buck Chuck.   Generally speaking, a Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay or perhaps Reisling or such, zinfendel, and Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot or Shiraz.  There's a few selections..  the bartenders are usually pretty helpful with what's covered and the various options. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2019 at 6:29 PM, SteelCruisin said:

We were also able to get coffee and hot chocolate beverages that were priced $6 and under with the exception of the cafe corretto,it had alcohol in it, and another cafe drink that included gelato in it.

Where do you get the hot drinks?  Dining room or is there a coffee shop?  We'll be on Divina.

I'm far from being a wine snob but I couldn't drink either of the 2 Chardonnays that were available on Divina.  I don't even remember if I tried them on either of my Armonia sailings last year.  Switched to rum & coke for pre-dinner.  Don't remember what I drank at dinner!  Why am I thinking there was a Sauvignon Blanc in the Easy package on Armonia in September?

And I typically don't drink Heinekin but really have enjoyed the draft on the ships.