Upgrade Coffee & Soda package to Premier Beverage

terry&mike

Has anyone had any luck in upgrading a beverage package once on board? For example, guest has a Premier Coffee & Soda Package as a perk. Guest would like to pay the difference in value to upgrade to a Premier Beverage Package. Have checked with Princess and it cannot be done in advance, they said check with Guest Services once on board. 

22 minutes ago, suekel said:

Why don't you just cancel it and then purchase the PBP before you board?  Price would be the same.  

cancel a 'perk' ?

it might also depend on how the 'perk' was obtained if an exchange is available ...

19 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

Don't know if possible ... but sooner or later I would guess Princess will get tired of the Let's Make a Deal stuff

They already are (tired that is). We used to get a bottle of wine from our TA...don't drink. Traded it for $20 OBC. Not anymore. Princess added "no substitutions" to the back of the coupon.

Finally convinced the TA to stop giving us wine.

Yes, it is a perk from the Sip n Sale - 3 guests in a mini suite. Guests 1 and 2 received Premier Beverage Package, Guest 3 received Coffee & Soda Package and wants to upgrade to Premier Beverage Package and pay the difference. Value at 14 days cruise of Coffee package is $330.26, of Premier Beverage package is $991.06. 

1 hour ago, terry&mike said:

Yes, it is a perk from the Sip n Sale - 3 guests in a mini suite. Guests 1 and 2 received Premier Beverage Package, Guest 3 received Coffee & Soda Package and wants to upgrade to Premier Beverage Package and pay the difference. Value at 14 days cruise of Coffee package is $330.26, of Premier Beverage package is $991.06. 

I have never upgraded, but I would hope that they would allow you to pay the difference to upgrade on the ship.  Good luck.

12 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

They already are (tired that is). We used to get a bottle of wine from our TA...don't drink. Traded it for $20 OBC. Not anymore. Princess added "no substitutions" to the back of the coupon.

Finally convinced the TA to stop giving us wine.

Don't let the "no substitutions" printed on the back stop you from asking about it. I have had only one instance when it was refused. What they did not that cruise was give me a soda each evening in the dining room instead.