Because Princess cabin doors are so narrow, what walker do you recommend?

wizard-of-roz

Because I can walk and don't need a Handicapped Cabin, I get a veranda cabin.  But, the doors to the cabins are so narrow and getting my walker through the doors without having to fold it up is very difficult for me.  My walker is extremely sturdy with a wide wheel base.  I'm very pleased with my walker and use it not only to walk with but to carry my small luggage, purse, Service Dog supplies, etc., etc.

On my last cruise it was very difficult to fold my walker up because of my medical condition.  Walking down the hall with the Steward carts in the hallway is a nightmare.  I find myself pushing their carts and my walker just to make it to the elevator entrance.  

Princess does not like the scooter left in the hallway, even if it's in a corner.  They sent me a note saying they would remove the scooter if it was left unattended, against a wall, in the hall.

What scooter do you recommend.  I will get another scooter, just for cruising.  I'd like it to be sturdy, have some sort of storage under the seat for light objects and have a wheelbase that fits through a regular cabin door.

Any suggestions are welcomed.  I don't have a price limit.

I have a triumph uniscan triwalker, it has a seat, basket in front, is very light, is very easy to fold and can go just about anywhere, you can pull a tab as you are going along to fold it a bit to get in even narrower spaces. For a scooter i have a Travelscoot, 52cm wide, it passes trolleys on ship corridors easily. The model I have is the Junior, which a bit smaller and lighter than the standard model. On our last cruise we had an accessible cabin, on the Norwegian Star, I didn’t really need it on account of the scooter which does fit most places easily, but I do need an accessible bathroom. NCL took the Travelscoot on tenders, so we had a great cruise, I was able to do much more than previous cruises.

https://www.manageathome.co.uk/pd/uniscan-triumph-triwalker_12033?utm_source=Google_Shopping&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=ns1:Rollators--Triwalkers&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9L6_9MiP5gIVCLDtCh2afQPnEAQYASABEgJ_gfD_BwE

https://shop.travelscoot.com/us/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ozscotart said:

I have a triumph uniscan triwalker, it has a seat, basket in front, is very light, is very easy to fold and can go just about anywhere, you can pull a tab as you are going along to fold it a bit to get in even narrower spaces. For a scooter i have a Travelscoot, 52cm wide, it passes trolleys on ship corridors easily. The model I have is the Junior, which a bit smaller and lighter than the standard model. On our last cruise we had an accessible cabin, on the Norwegian Star, I didn’t really need it on account of the scooter which does fit most places easily, but I do need an accessible bathroom. NCL took the Travelscoot on tenders, so we had a great cruise, I was able to do much more than previous cruises.

https://www.manageathome.co.uk/pd/uniscan-triumph-triwalker_12033?utm_source=Google_Shopping&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=ns1:Rollators--Triwalkers&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9L6_9MiP5gIVCLDtCh2afQPnEAQYASABEgJ_gfD_BwE

https://shop.travelscoot.com/us/

Thank you for the recommendations.  I will look into the Triumph and keep shopping and hoping that others will write in with their suggestions.

If you do not need a walker with a seat I would recommend a three wheeled one with a pouch. The base is wide enough to be steady in the locked position but it can be unlocked and the handles moved closer together. This helps in navigating tight spaces. I use one of these at home (I use a wheelchair regularly.) to maneuver around closely spaced furniture. Mine is a "nova" but there are others I have seen which are similar.

Thank you so much for the information.  I use my walker to stabilize myself and I'm afraid that the 3 wheel walkers will not be able to stabilize as well.  I also use the seat to carry my carry-on luggage.  My walker really allows me to be independent but unfortunately that comes with the cost of having to fold it when I'm not using a handicapped cabin.

I tend to need my walker for balance, how will the 3 wheeler do in this case?

I had polio as a child and have next to no balance now that I am older. The three wheel walker works well for me. I have a four wheel one with a seat that I only use sparingly. I much prefer the pouch on the three wheel one to trying to balance my supplies on the four wheeled one. I would suggest seeing if you can look at one at a store near you.

39 minutes ago, katisdale said:

I had polio as a child and have next to no balance now that I am older. The three wheel walker works well for me. I have a four wheel one with a seat that I only use sparingly. I much prefer the pouch on the three wheel one to trying to balance my supplies on the four wheeled one. I would suggest seeing if you can look at one at a store near you.

Thank you for this great information.  I will definitely look into the three-wheeled Nova.  I would like a more relaxed and joyful experience than what I had to go through on board the Royal a week ago.  It was a nightmare trying to fold-up my walker every time we entered and exited our cabin.  No matter what the mfg. says about easy folding on the 4-wheeled walkers they're definitely not that easy while trying to hold open a cabin door.