Transpacific - Ovation of the Seas

sunscreen

Looking at doing at Transpacific from Honolulu to Sydney in Sept 2021 but  itineraries haven't been posted yet.   Looking for feedback on anyone that has done this itinerary before?  We have been on the Ovation for a 13 night New Zealand cruise and absolutely loved the ship.  I was wondering how fast these sailing typically sold out?   I noticed that there are no balconies available for the repositioning next year in April and in Sept and thats why I was wondering how far out a person needs to book.   Any feedback greatly appreciated.  

I've found that the transpacifics generally don't sell well unless they are port intensive. There are only 7 ports in 19 days on this cruise and many people are disinclined towards that many sea days. But if you love the ship all the more space and better pricing for you! We've done Papeete-Hawaii-LA on Oceania twice and ship's been 2/3 full both times.

I'm a Windstar and Oceania person- don't like ships any bigger than the 650  passengers the Oceania R ships carry. But there is an amazing price on an NCL Jewel cruise Sydney to Papeete in Feb/Mar 2020. Starts at $839 for 21 days and 13 ports. If we weren't doing a similar itinerary on O in April 2020, we would have sucked it up and gone. If they are scrounging for passengers on an itinerary like that (and it really sounds like NCL people love Jewel) you can probably rest easy until prices come out for your Ovation cruise.

Best wishes to you.

• Like 1

I haven't done the itinerary yet but am booked for 2020 and have researched for almost 2 years.

The September TP cruises are usually released in late March early April.  My advice is to do your research and secure the cabin class in the location you like ASAP.  Then keep checking for price drops.

Prices and timing can vary.  Most of the cabins on Ovation are balconies and quite a few will be held by group booking for large Travel Agents until closer to closer to sail date when they transfer back to royal.  I wouldn't take the risk of misding out.