Nice jeans in terrace acceptable for dinner? Yes or no?

dcsam

22 hours ago, clo said:

Having dinner at Jacques tonight. Will check 'em out and practice my "stink-eye" before we get there 🙂

Checked with the maitre d' and he said the only things they say no to is shorts and flip flops. So there ya have it.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2019 at 4:31 PM, clo said:

Having dinner at Jacques tonight. Will check 'em out and practice my "stink-eye" before we get there 🙂

No big deal.. Take a deep breadth and enjoy your dinner.  

On 12/13/2019 at 11:44 AM, impala1ss said:

Just got back from the Marina. In Jacques one night they seated a guy in jeans. I wish I'd have known, I'd have worn them myself.

On 12/13/2019 at 12:39 PM, Traveling Fools said:

Saw men in jeans in the GDR at dinner time several nights on our Oct 25th - Nov 7th cruise

On 12/13/2019 at 2:31 PM, clo said:

On 12/14/2019 at 1:27 PM, clo said:

Checked with the maitre d' and he said the only things they say no to is shorts and flip flops. So there ya have it.

Interesting.  Here's a photo of the Oceania's Dress Code on page 4 of the Currents from day 1(December 7, 2019) of the California Coastal Cruise on the Sirena we  returned from.  Sounds like left and right hands have a communications problem.

1386956563_OceaniaDressCode.thumb.jpg.a65ba388ef95ed1861aa87036ccf4d26.jpg

Edited by 1985rz1

1 hour ago, 1985rz1 said:

Sounds like left and right hands have a communications problem.

Thanks for this. We're returning to Jacques tomorrow.and I'm going to take this and show it. I also want to meet with the food and beverage manager about another issue and will show it to her. (Oh, just had a chuckle. To get a second res there we're sharing a table. What if they are 'offenders'?)

3 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

Interesting.  Here's a photo of the Oceania's Dress Code on page 4 of the Currents from day 1(December 7, 2019) of the California Coastal Cruise on the Sirena we  returned from.  Sounds like left and right hands have a communications problem.

1386956563_OceaniaDressCode.thumb.jpg.a65ba388ef95ed1861aa87036ccf4d26.jpg

Problem is  if people do not or cannot read & comprehend the request  then nothing changes

We are on Crystal & even though they ask pax to turn their cell phone to not ring in the dining room & theater ..people just carry on as normal

It is great having dinner & the next table the diners both have their phones out texting  ..maybe each other 🙂

JMO

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Problem is  if people do not or cannot read & comprehend the request  then nothing changes

We are on Crystal & even though they ask pax to turn their cell phone to not ring in the dining room & theater ..people just carry on as normal

It is great having dinner & the next table the diners both have their phones out texting  ..maybe each other 🙂

JMO

And it is even sadder that Oceania's Maitre d's cannot or do not read..or comprehend...their own ship's dress codes.  (From Clo: "Checked with the maitre d' and he said the only things they say no to is shorts and flip flops.") 😟

• Like 1

We are currently on Rivera, our first O cruise.  We ate ate at Jacques last night and they seated  a passenger in jeans and suspenders, not nice jeans either.  We watched and they did not say a word to him.

On a brighter note, the food so far is ridiculously good.  Our dinner at Jacques was fantastic.  The ship is very clean and nice as well.

1 hour ago, KirkNC said:

We are currently on Rivera, our first O cruise.  We ate ate at Jacques last night and they seated  a passenger in jeans and suspenders, not nice jeans either.  We watched and they did not say a word to him.

On a brighter note, the food so far is ridiculously good.  Our dinner at Jacques was fantastic.  The ship is very clean and nice as well.

Yeah, I've seen that old boy on Oceania a few times. I think the suspenders are red & yellow striped &  wide, not like the type you'd wear with a suit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KirkNC said:

Will be boarding her soon for 2 cruises and happy to hear about Riviera! Cath AKA Clo

has been good keeping us informed too!

So enjoy your cruise.

Denise😊

12 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

And it is even sadder that Oceania's Maitre d's cannot or do not read..or comprehend...their own ship's dress codes.  (From Clo: "Checked with the maitre d' and he said the only things they say no to is shorts and flip flops.") 😟

My computer is pretty small so at least for now I'm considering showing it to the maitre d'.

56 minutes ago, ORV said:

I personally find I have a better time on cruises letting the management run the ship, while I take care of myself, but that's me. To each their own. 

I personally find that I serve no useful purpose in complaining if I'm unwilling to do anything about it. Just me.

1 hour ago, clo said:

I personally find that I serve no useful purpose in complaining if I'm unwilling to do anything about it. Just me.

WE go on a cruise to have a good time, not spend the whole time being the dress police.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1