3 night Panorama Inaugural Live!

heffy2

Hello! This cruise fulfills a life long dream of mine to sail in a ship for her maiden voyage. I booked in September 2018, which is the longest I've ever had to wait for a cruise. I've also always wanted to sail with John Heald, and he'll be aboard for the first few sailings, I believe. I'm sailing with my best friend of 26 years, and because I live so close to Long Beach we'll be flying in the day of. That's not something I usually do, but boarding doesn't start until 2pm.(I think it's because she's doing an overnight cruise after christening on the 10th, or people will at least be staying aboard)I'm a bit disappointed in this, because it means I won't be the first person to sleep in that bed!😂 This is only the 2nd 3 night sailing I've done, and because it's the maiden voyage it was EXPENSIVE. Oh well, you only live once, right? This is also the first time I've ever done Your Time dining, but I was planning on trying JiJi's for the first time. So, come along with me, and I'll try and document every inch of Carnival Panorama, well as much as I remember, we're getting Cheers, so you know....  Only 11 days, 18 hours, and 55 minutes!

Edited by heffy2
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I will definitely be following along.  My husband and I will be boarding on December 14th, so we will be on the first seven day Panorama cruise.  

I think you will really enjoy sailing with John Heald. We sailed with him on the Breeze earlier this year.  He was very entertaining and funny.  He hosted the Love and Marriage Show and it was the best one we had ever seen.  I wish we had sailed with him back when he was a cruise director.

I am looking forward to your live updates!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, heffy2 said:

(I think it's because she's doing an overnight cruise after christening on the 10th, or people will at least be staying aboard)

I wondered if there would be something like that.  If I'm following the itinerary of its sailing correctly, it gets into Long Beach on the 6th.  I wonder what all will be happening between then and the 10th?

I will be on the Inaugural cruise as well, and I CAN'T WAIT..

The rumor that she is going to have an over night cruise is FALSE!!!!!!!!! She is arriving on the 8th in San Pedro, and she will be going to Long Beach sometime before evening of the 10th.   They are going to have a naming ceremony party on the 10th on aboard in Long Beach. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, new_cruiser_75 said:

Any chance I can put in a request?  Would love for your to to take a look at either room 7207 or 7208.  Would love to see how these corner rooms look on this ship 

I'll be happy to do it, although it might be on turnaround day, before we disembark.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

I will be on the Inaugural cruise as well, and I CAN'T WAIT..

The rumor that she is going to have an over night cruise is FALSE!!!!!!!!! She is arriving on the 8th in San Pedro, and she will be going to Long Beach sometime before evening of the 10th.   They are going to have a naming ceremony party on the 10th on aboard in Long Beach. 

Woohoo! There are going to be a bunch of Youtube vloggers onboard, and maybe a bunch of "beards" as well as John Heald. It should be pretty amazing. 

Thanks for the info, do you know if people will be staying overnight onboard?  

Yeah, I read it, and believe it or not comprehended it as well.  Having done live reviews (you must be keeping up on all of mine, right?), in my world, it is usually after the live part (wher it is mostly about first hand impressions) and give a summary of their thoughts.  That said, thanks for the reminder.

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the Panorama.  We will be sailing her in March 2020 for our 25 wedding anniversary!  Have a great time!

Would love to see pictures of the Havana area if you can get them!

Edited by nissach

So, we’re well into single

digits, and I just say that John Heald has already left for PV to join the ship. I’m so very sorry that he will be dealing with the death of his best friend during the sailing, but that’s ship life, you’ve got to push through and try and have happy guests. 
 I’ve pre-booked the Steakhouse and JiJis, and since it’s such a short cruise, I’ll definitely struggle to try all the food venues. I thought there was supposed to be a Shaq chicken restaurant onboard, but I can’t find it on the deck plans. Even though I’m 40, I’m excited to try the Sky Zone, and the sky ride should be fun. Again, if anyone has any requests for pics, let me know.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, heffy2 said:

So, we’re well into single

digits, and I just say that John Heald has already left for PV to join the ship. I’m so very sorry that he will be dealing with the death of his best friend during the sailing, but that’s ship life, you’ve got to push through and try and have happy guests. 
 I’ve pre-booked the Steakhouse and JiJis, and since it’s such a short cruise, I’ll definitely struggle to try all the food venues. I thought there was supposed to be a Shaq chicken restaurant onboard, but I can’t find it on the deck plans. Even though I’m 40, I’m excited to try the Sky Zone, and the sky ride should be fun. Again, if anyone has any requests for pics, let me know.

If you're going to the Steakhouse on the first night, I'm interested in seeing the wine list. If you don't want the free bottle of wine that night, you can purchase a bottle for 50% off. I've heard that you can buy multiple bottles that night, all for 50% off, so I'm interested in trying to do that when we sail on April 11th, also with John Heald. 

Edited by Wanna_Cruize
grammar