3 night Panorama Inaugural Live!

heffy2

4 hours ago, Aussie Jeep said:

hello  Really enjoying your blog  Can you tell me on deck 11 we have booked cabin 11284 but cannot see what the area is on the outside of the deck  It says bandstand  Can you tell us? or do you have a photo  Thanks so much

Here’s deck 11 as seen from deck 10. The bandstand you can see underneath the screen.

DF242397-42DB-48DF-BACC-BB7C962F32C2.jpeg

8C022369-D5C1-4640-B6D4-F32289ED9C66.jpeg

Edited by heffy2
Added a pic
  • Like 1

I called Carnival this afternoon and you were right about the aft dining room being for YTD guests. This is good news as on the Dream in February we were in the forward dining room with YTD. We feel like we're sitting at the kids table when we're not in the aft with the two story MDR and great views. 

I agree with you about the Fantasy Class ships. We are big fans of the Spirit Class ships. We're sure to have fun on Panorama in February, our first Vista Class ship.

Welcome home

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

I called Carnival this afternoon and you were right about the aft dining room being for YTD guests. This is good news as on the Dream in February we were in the forward dining room with YTD. We feel like we're sitting at the kids table when we're not in the aft with the two story MDR and great views. 

I agree with you about the Fantasy Class ships. We are big fans of the Spirit Class ships. We're sure to have fun on Panorama in February, our first Vista Class ship.

Welcome home

The aft has been ytd on the last few ships.  Love being back there but love regular dining more.  

• Like 3

On 11/29/2019 at 2:05 PM, heffy2 said:

Hello! This cruise fulfills a life long dream of mine to sail in a ship for her maiden voyage. I booked in September 2018, which is the longest I've ever had to wait for a cruise. I've also always wanted to sail with John Heald, and he'll be aboard for the first few sailings, I believe. I'm sailing with my best friend of 26 years, and because I live so close to Long Beach we'll be flying in the day of. That's not something I usually do, but boarding doesn't start until 2pm.(I think it's because she's doing an overnight cruise after christening on the 10th, or people will at least be staying aboard)I'm a bit disappointed in this, because it means I won't be the first person to sleep in that bed!😂 This is only the 2nd 3 night sailing I've done, and because it's the maiden voyage it was EXPENSIVE. Oh well, you only live once, right? This is also the first time I've ever done Your Time dining, but I was planning on trying JiJi's for the first time. So, come along with me, and I'll try and document every inch of Carnival Panorama, well as much as I remember, we're getting Cheers, so you know....  Only 11 days, 18 hours, and 55 minutes!

Following, we are doing the 7 day in May. Done this itinerary quite a few times but can't wait to do it again on  a new ship!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, THIS IS US! said:

@Heffy2 any pics of the thermal spa? Also is there a brew pub on board? Sailing in June and can’t wait!

Here are a few pics of the brewery onboard, located in Guys Pig ‘n Anchor. I didn’t get any pics of the thermal suite, but it’s pretty standard for Vista Class. It was very nice, just too few heated loungers for number of thermal passes sold. 

20A50AB0-D036-47B9-9342-3A8D98238A67.jpeg

3BE547AA-7FCA-495E-B989-355834686579.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/14/2019 at 3:07 PM, heffy2 said:

I heard a lot of people complaining about the spa, but all I used was the thermal suite. The spa seemed VERY crowded the whole three days, but maybe that's just how three day cruises are? The only drawback of the thermal suite was that there were only enough heated, ceramic beds for a fraction of the people who had the thermal pass.

Interesting, usually on the Splendor I would be one of only 3-4 people on the heated loungers.  How many are there?  I know they are around the hot tub, unlike the separate room on the Splendor.

I appreciate the pics of the pub. Your blog really has me getting excited about my fast approaching cruise 😀

one more question  (for now anyway) I read on another post that there were issues with the cheers package and some items were pulled on day 2. Did you experience this and now that it is Pepsi did you receive a new cheers list? Thanks in advance for your help

• Like 1

On 12/13/2019 at 11:27 AM, heffy2 said:

After getting our drinks, we went to drop off our backpacks. We have a family outside cabin, so there are two bathrooms. One is a standard bathroom, and the second has a sink and funky sized bathtub.

54A8538C-ECC5-4A36-A246-4765E8698F6F.jpeg

0CF6BFD3-F3E1-4A4D-910E-DAE13599EED7.jpeg

88D99C53-7A10-4AB7-BDE3-556BC12E84AC.jpeg

F13762C7-6537-4371-AF7B-CC41463A31AD.jpeg

C2E2DE68-DBBA-45FC-9F7E-60B4E5739E85.jpeg

Hmmm, not crazy bout that sink area. Doesn't appear to be any counter space + the shelves on both sides of the mirrors seem gone also. Wife always used one side + I the other. The mini tub is nice. Guess we'll find out next month.

16 hours ago, THIS IS US! said:

I appreciate the pics of the pub. Your blog really has me getting excited about my fast approaching cruise 😀

one more question  (for now anyway) I read on another post that there were issues with the cheers package and some items were pulled on day 2. Did you experience this and now that it is Pepsi did you receive a new cheers list? Thanks in advance for your help

I didn't experience any issues, but that was probably because I only drank alcohol, coffee, and bottled water. I didn't see any new Cheers lists, but the cruise was SO quick and I drank so much the first day, that I wasn't focused on much more than exploring and hanging out with some new friends. You'll have a wonderful time on the Panorama, I can't wait to get aboard her again.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SarahJeanneSays said:

Interesting, usually on the Splendor I would be one of only 3-4 people on the heated loungers.  How many are there?  I know they are around the hot tub, unlike the separate room on the Splendor.

I think there were maybe a total of 10 loungers, in the same room as the pool and the entrance to the saunas.

4 hours ago, heffy2 said:

I didn't experience any issues, but that was probably because I only drank alcohol, coffee, and bottled water. I didn't see any new Cheers lists, but the cruise was SO quick and I drank so much the first day, that I wasn't focused on much more than exploring and hanging out with some new friends. You'll have a wonderful time on the Panorama, I can't wait to get aboard her again.

Thanks so much! 

On 12/14/2019 at 8:00 AM, heffy2 said:

It was pretty warm, one water slide wasn’t working yesterday because of the slight list due to the wind, but the pools were warm. 

Warm as 72 or warm as nice and warm like 78 or 80?  Thank you for your review! We board after Christmas and truly 👀 forward to our new west coast ship! 

On 11/29/2019 at 4:42 PM, TNcruising02 said:

I will definitely be following along.  My husband and I will be boarding on December 14th, so we will be on the first seven day Panorama cruise.  

I think you will really enjoy sailing with John Heald. We sailed with him on the Breeze earlier this year.  He was very entertaining and funny.  He hosted the Love and Marriage Show and it was the best one we had ever seen.  I wish we had sailed with him back when he was a cruise director.

I am looking forward to your live updates!

We are taking it on Feb 1st 2020 and would like info on Debarkation times.

What time did ship arrive and off times. We use self assist.

Need info for scheduling shuttle pickup time.

Looking forward to your comments.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, colohenry said:

We are taking it on Feb 1st 2020 and would like info on Debarkation times.

What time did ship arrive and off times. We use self assist.

Need info for scheduling shuttle pickup time.

Looking forward to your comments.

I started a thread called "Panorama out of Long Beach" to post some general information.

The ship docked around 6:00 am.  We carried our luggage off ourselves and were exiting the ship around 7:40 to 7:45.  There was a slight delay that morning due to someone having a medical issue.  The schedule stated we would dock at 9:00 am, so the ship arrived early like Carnival's ships usually do.

If you want to use the large shuttle bus at the terminal, you can just exit the ship and walk up to the buses.  They accept credit cards right there and you don't have to pre-book.  As far as pre-booking a shuttle, I think an 8:30 am time would work.

Edited by TNcruising02

46 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I started a thread called "Panorama out of Long Beach" to post some general information.

The ship docked around 6:00 am.  We carried our luggage off ourselves and were exiting the ship around 7:40 to 7:45.  There was a slight delay that morning due to someone having a medical issue.  The schedule stated we would dock at 9:00 am, so the ship arrived early like Carnival's ships usually do.

If you want to use the large shuttle bus at the terminal, you can just exit the ship and walk up to the buses.  They accept credit cards right there and you don't have to pre-book.  As far as pre-booking a shuttle, I think an 8:30 am time would work.

I did the same thing, and that's exactly when I disembarked as well, 7:45 A.

• Like 1