Berlin Hotels

cruisen JJ

We stayed at the Riverside Hotel, on the River Spree at the top end of Friedrichstrasse.  Good value, very pleasant riverside terrace, and a relatively quiet location away from the packed centre but only a 2 to 3 minute walk from a rail station with direct trains to airport and convenient location for Unter den Linden, Brandenburg Gate, Reichsrag etc,  though no hotel can be convenient for everywhere.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/de/artist-riverside-spa.html?aid=304142

But there are hundreds of hotels, few cruisers will have stayed in Berlin, and your better sources are sites like booking.com and TripAdvisor.

We find booking.com to be the better one for information, and a much more orderly site for comparisons. List by location or price or reviews, excellent location map showing all hotels in the location, photos, factual information, and genuine reviews - only those who booked there can review. Usually though not always the cheapest website, and IMHO certainly the best for information.

JB :classic_smile:

• Like 1

We stayed at this hotel :

Berlin Plaza Hotel am Kurfürstendamm

Knesebeckstr. 63, Berlin, BE, 10719 Deutschland

Tel.: (49) 30 884130, Fax: (49) 30 88413754

It was convienent to the bus line direct from the airport and down the street from Michaelkirche.  Easy transport to the train station as well (Bahnhof Zoo).  We didnt' have a car at all the week we stayed there and managed to get around really well.  A few nice places to eat within walking distance too.  Not a bad place, small room though.

Berlin Plaza Hotel am

• Like 1

We stayed five nights at the InterCity Hotel Berlin Hauptbahnhof and really enjoyed ourselves.  It is within shouting distance of the main rail station and all other transportation modes; the hotel will provide you with a free transit pass during your stay and the HOHO is outside the door if that is the sort of thing you like.  Breakfast and price were great.... if you book, do it at the InterCity Hotel website, join the club and get the best rate.

BTW, we stayed at InterCity in Rostok before taking bus to cruise terminal in Warnemunde and it was very good too.

Edited by d9704011
more info added
  • Like 1

Just got back last weekend from the Ritz-Carlton on Potsdamer Platz. Very reasonable rate (about 200 Euro) that included breakfast each morning and an 85 Euro property credit (I'm sure its a bit more expensive in the warmer months). Hotel is very nice (rooms and bathrooms are huge by European standards) as you would expect but the best part was the location. Walking distance to most major sights and about an 8 minute walk to Brandenburg Gate. Extremely good value as similar hotels like the Kempinski Adlon were going for over 700 Euros. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

Just got back last weekend from the Ritz-Carlton on Potsdamer Platz. Very reasonable rate (about 200 Euro) that included breakfast each morning and an 85 Euro property credit (I'm sure its a bit more expensive in the warmer months). Hotel is very nice (rooms and bathrooms are huge by European standards) as you would expect but the best part was the location. Walking distance to most major sights and about an 8 minute walk to Brandenburg Gate. Extremely good value as similar hotels like the Kempinski Adlon were going for over 700 Euros. 

I love hearing about these Ritz-Carlton stays (or any interesting place!) in certain destinations that are attainable, doesn't matter if it's off-season, it's an incredible city in a great location. There are other R-C locations that also still offer this type of off season pricing, though not very many. Back when Cancún was just getting started and there were still lots of empty stretches of strip and some cranes, the R-C was one of the earliest better hotels there and while it wasn't ever what could be considered cheap, it wasn't what it is now. 😉 

I arrived in Berlin from Rostock and ended up having to call around for another place to stay because I'd let someone else choose the accommodation. Never again. It worked out alright though, I ended up at Hotel Bleibtreu quite relieved and ordered room service. Although it was summer, since it was a last minute booking and not quite central, the price was right because they had something available for the time that I needed, and Berlin is still not outrageously expensive and easy to get around. Then I set out into fascinating Berlin.