Lanyards?

sburrus4

10 hours ago, SewMuch said:

If the card doesn't already have a hole in it, I get a hole punched in it at guest services. Then I put a key ring thru the hole so I can easily snap it on my lanyard or remove it

We have lanyards with a connector about 3 inches up from the card.  Easy off and easy on.

• Like 1

On my first cruise I carried my card in my pocket and accidentally dropped it shoreside when I reached in my pocket for something else. Thankfully someone saw me drop it and let me know.

Since then I've used a lanyard. Even if I stuff the lanyard in my pocket or wrap it around my wrist, it's much more difficult to lose it than a loose card. Also it has created a mental reflex for me to grab the lanyard before leaving my cabin rather than assuming that it's in my pocket or forgetting to take it with me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

... However I still had to tote around the lipstick. I'm surprised that some cosmetic company hasn't come up with lipstick on a lanyard. If it looked like a pendant on a necklace DW would wear that.

Hmm... I'm going to think on that.  Always looking for a new idea.

The wife and I use those little springy bracelets with a hook on them. Wear it on your wrist or you can slip it up to your elbow to look really cool.. Have the card punched at hospitality. Kinda trendy if you ask me. And hooks on your bag or backpack pretty easily too. Lanyard are too long to do that. Can order on Amazon in different colors for super cheap. 

You've just graduated from the Geek Squad.

Aloha!!!  

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:05 PM, sburrus4 said:

Do you add a detachable piece so you don't have to hand over your whole lanyard?

My favorite one has a secure plastic clip so I can easily detach it or just pocket the short piece with card on formal night. Not bought on ship. It has my favorite college team logos on it.

• Like 1

I'll be sailing on Indy again in February (departing the 3rd, I think)!

Fellow lanyard nerd, here! My husband and I also wear lanyards. His is plain navy and boring, mine is floral and cute. I think I even bought mine at a Dollar General because I was looking to be super cheap. I prefer the plastic sleeve instead of the lobster claw but it is just up to you. If it is a night where I am dressed up, I don't wear my lanyard but most of the time, I carry it around my neck. We always have ours handy because we buy the deluxe drink package so we have to show our cards frequently. 

• Like 1

Instead of a standard lanyards we use an alligator-type clip with a decorative badge holder and stretchy string and clear plastic sleeve.  Our key card goes into the plastic sleeve, thereby making both sides of the key card visible and scan-able.  Can be found in most dollar stores or office supply stores.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, biomedbob said:

I forgot to mention that is you put a strip of velcro on the back side of the card so it sticks to your shirt, you can be sure others can recognize your cruiseline or cabin status!

Why do you want people to know your status???  I use my lanyard when I am on a slot machine so I do not forget my sea pass in machine, since I have done it in the past.

At other times it fits nicely in my wristlet or the DH pocket.

Just saying

1 minute ago, Lionesss said:

Why do you want people to know your status???  I use my lanyard when I am on a slot machine so I do not forget my sea pass in machine, since I have done it in the past.

At other times it fits nicely in my wristlet or the DH pocket.

Just saying

The post (#28) was a poor attempt at being funny. 👎

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

The post (#28) was a poor attempt at being funny. 👎

Thank you

I just remember my mom saying a lot of truth is said in jest.

Now I am laughing at  myself...................

Safe travels.

Just now, CruisingCrewsers said:

Are those pins needed to gain access to certain areas on the ship, ie; the Diamond lounge?  They do sound a little 'look at me', otherwise.

Pins mean nothing, the SeaPass card has the relevant indicators.

11 minutes ago, CruisingCrewsers said:

Are those pins needed to gain access to certain areas on the ship, ie; the Diamond lounge?  They do sound a little 'look at me', otherwise.

and for the record I have no issue with people wearing any level of status they have achieved, I just don't understand people that think because people wear their sea pass card on a lanyard, even gold/plum or dark purple, they really care what others are seeing. 

Just my opinion    

We pins always take advantage.  Wear them on our two piece bathingsuit or one piece speedo.  In the morning pin them on our RCCI genuine terrycloth 2000 denier, bathrobes, white socks, and flip flops and head to the Solarium to claim our pin-for-aday lounger with a genuine RCCL towelclip and do a few laps around the area to make sure you are being properly recognized before you head back to your stateroom for a pampered breakfast!

• Haha 1

We use our Disney lanyards, and they happen to be the top loyalty tier, lol. Those lanyards just happen to be made of a different material that is very comfortable to wear. Honestly I look like a dork anyways so the lanyard is an improvement 😉 For us they are really handy and on excursions use them to carry our ID and credit card as well. Usually off ship I slip it under my shirt or in a pocket. My wife usually just stuffs everything in a small purse she bought on a cruise. 

on our last cruise on the Edge I just cracked up at all the room cards on the bottom of the pool, seems a few guys forgot to take out of their pockets before swimming. 

Edited by cgolf2