Rio Secreto ferry ride

Bagelmaker

5 hours ago, Bagelmaker said:

How long is the ferry ride to the location? I’m very prone to seasickness and have read a few posts about people getting sick. 

If you are very prone to seasickness I suggest not doing any excursions taking the ferry from Cozumel.  A friend who does not normally get seasick got seasick and has vowed never to take that ferry again. Lots of others on the ferry  were getting seasick. I did not get seasick but the smell was bad enough that I really don't want to take that ferry again because of that  smell.

4 hours ago, Bagelmaker said:

What month did you sail?

January. The month does not matter. What matters is how rough the seas. It being a high speed ferry might have something to do with it. Passengers getting sea sick on those ferries is common. Even for people who don’t normally get sea sick. People have been reporting that for years. First time I was in Cozumel 22 years ago the only pier then was near downtown next to the ferry dock. I watched people getting off who were green from the ride. About 20 years ago I took the ferry for an excursion to Tulum. I didn’t get sea sick but the barf bags were out and being used. 

Edited by Charles4515

If you do end up taking the ferry, try to sit on the upper level outside. It's not a very big section, so go up there immediately and try to get a seat. You still might get seasick, but it seems like people did much better out there.

• 4 weeks later...