My 1st Live Review Harmony Dec. 1 - 8

DH and I are boarding Harmony of the Seas this morning. I’m going to try a live review, but I’ll state right now I’m not sure how well I’ll do. 😉

We left Va yesterday, flew to Atlanta then had a connecting flight to Orlando.  One year ago we attempted the same thing, and while we eventually made it to MCO, it was an exhausting, frustrating trip. Our flight out of Roanoke was delayed for several hours, causing us to miss our connecting flight. We were able to get another flight but upon arrival discovered one of our bags hadn’t made the plane. Happily, we were staying at the Hyatt right at the airport. We had just checked in when I got a text that my luggage had arrived. It was easy to run down and get it. 
I share that to compare with this year’s trip. Everything was on time, we arrived in Orlando at 12:30. We were able to check in to the Hyatt and then take an Uber to Bolay’s for a leisurely lunch. We discovered this place last year. They are Gluten Free and Vegan. And delicious. I didn’t get any pictures because I hadn’t decided to do a live review at that time. 
Easy walk to the ABC store for our 2 bottles of wine and then an Uber back to the Hyatt.  We keep saying how amazing this trip already is compared to last year!

As we wait for our transportation to the port, I’ll share some info.  I am a retired elem school teacher, John works from our home. Our boys are grown up and we share our home with 2 precious puppy mill rescued Maltese dogs. They are staying with the vet because we recently discovered one has a mass in her lung and the other is in kidney failure. 😱😢

We have a 1 bedroom Aqua Theatre suite. I’m a little worried because I have been having pain issues that sometimes make walking difficult. I think I’ll be able to manage though, after all, I’m on a CRUISE!

Time to meet our ride!

• Like 6

Check in was the fastest ever! By 10:40 we had boarded, signed up at Next Cruise to book next 2, and were sitting in CK with a glass of wine. 
This is our travel-dog, Charlie. We aren’t tipsy, I just can’t figure out how to turn the picture!

FA4CFD49-D4E6-4D76-97DE-DDD7350C00C9.jpeg.f75c1faffd4a8441b667deb2b19811f3.jpeg 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Yaah!!  Thanks for taking us along.  We were thinking about you this morning.  We were driving back home from Vero Beach where we were visiting my sister over the weekend, and decided to do the "A1A" slow crawl all the way north to PC.  Had to show Bucky the Harmony up close!  😉 

Looks like a beautiful day for sail away!  

So sorry to hear about your fur babies!  We lost Katie in May to the demon cancer, which also showed up as a mass in her abdomen.  It's just so hard to lose them, she was my little best friend.  Left a huge hole in our lives.  Hope your babies get better.  

So you did end up with going back to the Aqua suite?  Beautiful cabin 😍 and loved that tour you gave us the last time. Hope your pain gets better, it is indeed a bit of a walk back there.  Enjoy your cruise and keep her warm for us...our turn on Sunday.  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

We are on this cruise also, so it will be interesting to see what you think and experience.  We are from Richmond, Virginia but chose to drive down.  It is an easy drive going 95 South.  Much better than 95 North!  I hope your pain stays at a minimal level.  I am also a retired school teacher.  When I heard people talking about not liking cruises with lots of kids, I tell them they don't know noise until they have spent all day with 30 kids in a class room during a rain day without outdoor recess.  Kids on cruises are mild compared to that!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KLMB said:

Will be following along, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for following. I hope the review will be enjoyable. 

22 hours ago, seaboat said:

Staying tune! I'm looking forward to boarding Harmony early 2020.

Thanks for sharing your trip.

Have a fun cruise! 🛳️

Only day 2 and so far we love this ship. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Good luck and have fun.

BTW, Laura is from Roanoke.  We got married there in '85

What a small world! We lived in Roanoke when we were first married, then moved to Blacksburg. I grew up about 45 minutes from Roanoke but John is a Jersey Boy. 

21 hours ago, jimbri said:

Looking forward to your review!  Enjoy!

Thanks. There’s going to be a learning curve, but hey everyone has to start somewhere. 

20 hours ago, bilyclub said:

Probably a good time to get out of Blacksburg , after Friday's game.

No kidding! 🤨

19 hours ago, island lady said:

Yaah!!  Thanks for taking us along.  We were thinking about you this morning.  We were driving back home from Vero Beach where we were visiting my sister over the weekend, and decided to do the "A1A" slow crawl all the way north to PC.  Had to show Bucky the Harmony up close!  😉 

Looks like a beautiful day for sail away!  

So sorry to hear about your fur babies!  We lost Katie in May to the demon cancer, which also showed up as a mass in her abdomen.  It's just so hard to lose them, she was my little best friend.  Left a huge hole in our lives.  Hope your babies get better.  

So sorry about your Katie! We found out about both our girls the same day. But they are doing okay right now. 

So you did end up with going back to the Aqua suite?  Beautiful cabin 😍 and loved that tour you gave us the last time. Hope your pain gets better, it is indeed a bit of a walk back there.  Enjoy your cruise and keep her warm for us...our turn on Sunday

We have the same Aqua Suite as last year. We like it , but we are looking forward to our CLS on Allure next year. Much better price and closer to the SL!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MalteseMama2 said:

We have the same Aqua Suite as last year. We like it , but we are looking forward to our CLS on Allure next year. Much better price and closer to the SL!

So happy to hear your girls are doing better!  Hope they stay on the mend.  Now you can relax and enjoy more of your cruise  🙂 

So cool about same cabin again, it was beautiful!  And yes, agree...the CLS cabins are sooo convenient!  We really like the GS cabins, with that big bathroom and one level.  Nice to have so many options!  😉  When are you sailing Allure?  We are on for four weeks starting October 18th 2020.  

Edited by island lady

21 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Thank you for keeping us in cruise mode with your review. 

By the time March rolls around I’ll have done multiple cruises with all of you lovely posters!

21 hours ago, DISFANS3 said:

We will be on the Harmony next May. Keep the review going...

19 hours ago, Ren1216 said:

Very much looking forward to your review.  Have a wonderful cruise!

14 hours ago, Wolfhunt said:

Following along. We will be on Harmony December 15. Can’t wait.

Thanks for following! I will do my best to post about twice a day from here on out. DH had some ridiculous idea that I should spend the majority of my time with him! 😜 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, djyellowsub said:

We are on this cruise also, so it will be interesting to see what you think and experience.  We are from Richmond, Virginia but chose to drive down.  It is an easy drive going 95 South.  Much better than 95 North!  I hope your pain stays at a minimal level.  I am also a retired school teacher.  When I heard people talking about not liking cruises with lots of kids, I tell them they don't know noise until they have spent all day with 30 kids in a class room during a rain day without outdoor recess.  Kids on cruises are mild compared to that!

I completely agree! Plus, misbehaving children are not my problem so it’s easier to ignore. The only time I have issues is when I see a young child alone. I usually keep them in my sight until an adult shows up or I get a crew member if it seems appropriate. It’s rare, but does occur occasionally. 

1 hour ago, MalteseMama2 said:

We are on Nov 15-22. Are we missing each other again?

Drats!  Yup, we are doing 2 loops around the Med starting on the 18th...then the TA back to Miami.  Arriving for disembarkation when you are coming on board.  

Strange thing...booked 10/25 cruise months ago, then later on RCI decided to name it the 2020 Presidents cruise.  Should have seen the prices shoot up when they did that!!  Glad we booked when we did.  😉 

4 hours ago, MalteseMama2 said:

Thanks for following! I will do my best to post about twice a day from here on out. DH had some ridiculous idea that I should spend the majority of my time with him! 😜 

Its not the amount of time, its the quality of the time that is special

• Like 1