Luggage update

1 minute ago, Pensioncruiser said:

They are posting on another site that it's upto 25kg in one case🙄🙄

Seems strange as cases are usually limited to 23kgs for the baggage handlers. Don't know how they even manage to lift those😦

3 hours ago, dronnygirl said:

Aren't  you on E2 next year? You can take as much as you want when sailing from Newcastle..

Individual cases are still supposed to comply with the 23kg handling limit but i dont know whos going to weigh them at the port LOL

3 hours ago, dronnygirl said:

Seems strange as cases are usually limited to 23kgs for the baggage handlers. Don't know how they even manage to lift those😦

Must employ some big lads for the long haul jobs with a 30kg case limit.

Just seen an extract from Marella , it does indeed look like they have increased the max case weight to 25kg , they are probaly hoping more people will buy the 25kg if they arn't going to lose some of it to the weight of an extra bag.

• Like 1

Yes PC if handlers are not allowed to lift more than 23kg then how come British handlers lift 25kg for other international airlines i.e. Quantas, Ethiad, Emirates etc

Of course its money and as has been said this has increased the number of trolley dollies (not the stewardesses) in the cabin and causing flight delays cos not enough room in the lockers for all This happened on our return from Palma last April when quite a few had to be put in the hold which delayed our flight and cost TUI money

So do I get my money back from the 5 kg purchased for next April? I doubt it But having paid 2 x 5kg I shall fill my trolley dolly with 10kg and put it in the hold and we'll still have 25kg in each case and another 10kg in hand luggage - which we'll need for 3 weeks 

This means for a 2 week cruise there'll be no need to buy extra - a result I think 😀

15 hours ago, Vitalsign said:

Yes PC if handlers are not allowed to lift more than 23kg then how come British handlers lift 25kg for other international airlines i.e. Quantas, Ethiad, Emirates etc

😀

Always wondered that ,most of them can be 30kg bags ,i suppose because most luggage is containerised on long haul the number of times each bag is handled is drastically reduced

1 hour ago, Vitalsign said:

Yes Okavango that must be the case especially after seeing what Pakistan airways passengers have as luggage on the programme about Heathrow Airport!!!

Hi Vitalsign.

I think it is the same for any passenger on any aircraft as in you can take as much luggage that you are willing to pay for as long as any single item meets the airlines policy on weight.🤷🏻‍♂️
Keep well.😉