Booking after final payment.

Carewmommy

20 minutes ago, Carewmommy said:

Just wondering how low do prices go after final payment? Anyone get an amazing savings? I am aware all categories may not be available.

Our cruise from Sydney to Papeete has already dropped $200 per person since final payment a month ago. We still have almost 90 days to go. I went ahead and did my one time upgrade (plus a small amount of $) last week from inside to oceanview because I wanted a certain area of the ship and those cabins are now sold out. Our cruise has actually dropped $600 per person since we booked it last summer. I think it depends how well the ship is selling. This one is a repositioning cruise so we fly into Sydney and out of Papeete which requires higher air fare for most. We used frequent flyer miles. You can go online and do a "dummy" booking and get an idea of how many cabins are available. They usually only show 15 cabins in each category but if they are starting to sell out, there will be less than 15 cabins. You can look at these cabins and see if they are ones you would want to be in. What is the itinerary and date that you are looking for?

The pricing algorithm can cause prices to go up or down at any time. I don't think they turn it off 120 days out. If the sailing is not selling as it should they adjust pricing. The next re-pricing comes just before the upgrade process begins.

I have not seen as much movement on a cruise until our up coming one. We initially bought this about 20 months out and watched the prices go up and down but never below what I paid. Then when they added it to the past guest cruises the cabin price dropped below what I paid and the 20% brought it down to where it made since to cancel and re-book. Then after final payment (and before the Black Friday stuff) I check and there was another large price drop. My TA was able to get me a choice of two offers - a free category upgrade for the current cruise - or half the difference in FCC.

I chose the FCC as I was very happy with my SF cabin for this cruise. I now have a cruise on the books for 2021 on the Jewel to AK- going to see Denali this time (this is AK#4).

7 minutes ago, bonvoyagie said:

The pricing algorithm can cause prices to go up or down at any time. I don't think they turn it off 120 days out. If the sailing is not selling as it should they adjust pricing. The next re-pricing comes just before the upgrade process begins.

I have not seen as much movement on a cruise until our up coming one. We initially bought this about 20 months out and watched the prices go up and down but never below what I paid. Then when they added it to the past guest cruises the cabin price dropped below what I paid and the 20% brought it down to where it made since to cancel and re-book. Then after final payment (and before the Black Friday stuff) I check and there was another large price drop. My TA was able to get me a choice of two offers - a free category upgrade for the current cruise - or half the difference in FCC.

I chose the FCC as I was very happy with my SF cabin for this cruise. I now have a cruise on the books for 2021 on the Jewel to AK- going to see Denali this time (this is AK#4).

- going to see Denali this time (this is AK#4).

You haven't seen the Mountain yet ?

You realize that Denali is "OUT" only about 30 % of the time if that.

On my 5 AK cruise trips have seen it twice (40%)

24 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

I did a cruisetour this year and we saw it - didn't realize the 30% thing until I got to the gift shops and saw all the 30% merchandise.  Plus saw the Northern Lights in Fairbanks - best trip ever!

3 hours ago, Carewmommy said:

I'm looking at the breakaway August 30th out of NYC to Canada, or the Encore in June out of NYC to Bermuda.  I'm sure the Encore will sell out. 

The NYC sailings to Bermuda when school is out are very popular. We sailed this itinerary in 2017. We originally booked for late June so my sister and her high school aged son could join us. In mid winter sis bailed when it became apparent that school would be extended due to unusual amount of snow days. We rebooked for Memorial day weekend and saved several hundred dollars.

The Canada itinerary on the older Breakaway may have some good deals near sailing date but Encore to Bermuda in June probably will not. 

Edited by Paul Bogle

3 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

my previous cruises have been RT out of Seattle - have never been to the inland AK -but have heard about the 30% ROT.

I'm still watching mine drop.  Booked a 6 day on the Sun (Yes it is a smaller ship, but I work in a school and only have certain times of the year that I can get off) 3 personal days other than school holidays.  I was able to get my inside cabin down over $100 pp (even better... I upgraded to a balcony and all offers for only $86)  Yes I took a GTY, but I felt it was worth it.  I will continue to watch to see what it does up until sailing.  Some of the cruises near mine have dropped incredibly low in price. I have just over 30 days to go so we will see what happens.

Wish I new more about this but our cruise prices have dropped by about $200 after final payment. Any chances of me calling and asking to upgrade to a balcony now that I have made final payment? I am willing to pay the $200 difference from my inside guarantee $549 to the now $749 to the balcony guarantee. Any thoughts from you that seem to know a whole lot more than me. Thanks

19 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I'd definitely be calling and asking to be upgraded. I'd also ask if I'd maintain any perks you have now and what the price would be to do upgrade.  

Good luck

YES about those perks bonuses extras - ASK ! - is it really worth a few more square feet for a few bucks more and then

find out you lost those deal making offers.

OH and get it in writing or spelled out on your eDocs Invoice !

• Like 1