1st time in Washington, what to see pre-cruise?

Hi - 

We are sailing out of Seattle to Alaska in June.  We've never been to Washington State.   I'm thinking of going out a few days pre-cruise to see the area.   Any recommendations of 'must-see' in Seattle/Washington?

Thank you!

Have to agree with Bruce - my 'must see' and yours may be identical, similar, or wildly different... so without knowing you and the rest of your traveling companions, the only definitely-applicable advice is to provide more info about your interests, mobility, budget etc. etc. etc. or go do more research yourself first to narrow down the possibilities.

If you want generic 'most folks enjoy X' then CC isn't the best place - TripAdvisor is. Even with all the fake review issues, the most popular attractions across a city or state have hundreds or even thousands of reviews, therefore you can assume a pretty similar degree of fakery and trust that the 'top 10' rankings are fairly accurate as an opinion gauge of the relative enjoyment of each for the average person.

Once you've got a list of probably-still-too-many things, the strength of CC is getting local (and past visitor) takes on nitty-gritty details about them, e.g. how best to combine different sites, times of day that are optimal, upcoming renovations/roadwork etc. that might make visiting certain spots a hassle on your dates.

15 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

I would do dinner at the top of the Space Needle and visit Pike's Market.  

Actually, I looked to see how much this would run (merely curious, as I knew it would be expensive), and it looks like the Space Needle currently does not have full service dinner, only a café. Just FYI. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

If you're up to renting a car, there are 3 great national parks within a few hours of seattle - North Cascades, Rainier, and Olympics.  They are all different directions so you probably need a minimum of 5 days to do all 3.  

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, kristinp36 said:

Chihuly Glass Museum, Pike Place, Museum of Pop Culture

These are on my list! Heading out two days prior for some Seattle fun! Have you been to any? I’ve only been to the Market. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...