Live from the 12/1 and 12/4 sky princess

Host CJSKIDS

Anyone notice the slight difference in the medallion?  The older ones are a lighter silver and there is a line mid center of the circle on both sides.  The new ones are a bit more grey , no line and they are actually a bit thicker. 

16 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Anyone notice the slight difference in the medallion?  The older ones are a lighter silver and there is a line mid center of the circle on both sides.  The new ones are a bit more grey , no line and they are actually a bit thicker. 

sorry, we didn't connect again … I use a full keyboard/desktop to post from home office … and my wife's mini ipad .. when away 

first time I actually posted on CC from a cruise 

again, spent way too much time in Vines, but Julius , among others, really took care of us, and I mean REALLY

also got to see Junella in Bellini's and Good Spirits Bar - again - amazing

Our room steward , Dennis, was also very good 

food around the ship was just that … food … and service in the mdr was terrible for whatever reason

Alfredos is no longer an embarkation 'secret' … long line to get in and again, very slow getting the food out

saw Rock Opera - for me too much opera , not enough ROCK... and also the comedian the 2nd night - very good

Princess Live was well laid out this time ...

Take 5 Jazz Lounge was a major disappointment for us … lots of "talk" about bringing back CROONERS

Wake View Pool and bar area was a go to  ( EXCEPT when it was 'reserved' for sailaway )

Cruise Planner people were pimpin' at their best … and not always Princess for sure

and I hope the B2B @s#H@(*) that delayed our embarkation were banned forever ...

NO future cruises booked at this time …

Edited by voljeep
  • Thanks 1

On 12/2/2019 at 11:29 AM, Host CJSKIDS said:

In my happy place today!  They only have 20 chairs and we’re hoping for a delivery yesterday or more, but hopefully those come Wednesday. 
the sanctuary crew from the regal came over. Jandri always has the best team and once again, they are all incredible. 

image.jpg

Thanks for the photo. We're huge Sanctuary users and will be attempting to book when we board in April. Compared to the Regal & Royal, are there more or fewer loungers, and are more or fewer in the shade which we prefer, oand have some loungers been sacrificed to add more cabanas? I ask because I read a comment that Princess had "...doubled the number of cabanas" in the Sky's Sanctuary

Thanks for the review!

• Like 1

Just completed my post-cruise survey. Spent all 2,000 available characters complaining about the 12/1/19 sailing 'opportunity' and how this entire scheduling fiasco was mishandled. It would have made a nice 6 day cruise. I wish circumstances had allowed us to book those additional days as a B2B. Oh, well. That'll teach me to book a cruise when there is a 3 day hole in the schedule in front of my sailing date. Lesson learned. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

sorry, we didn't connect again … I use a full keyboard/desktop to post from home office … and my wife's mini ipad .. when away 

first time I actually posted on CC from a cruise 

again, spent way too much time in Vines, but Julius , among others, really took care of us, and I mean REALLY

also got to see Junella in Bellini's and Good Spirits Bar - again - amazing

Our room steward , Dennis, was also very good 

food around the ship was just that … food … and service in the mdr was terrible for whatever reason

Alfredos is no longer an embarkation 'secret' … long line to get in and again, very slow getting the food out

saw Rock Opera - for me too much opera , not enough ROCK... and also the comedian the 2nd night - very good

Princess Live was well laid out this time ...

Take 5 Jazz Lounge was a major disappointment for us … lots of "talk" about bringing back CROONERS

Wake View Pool and bar area was a go to  ( EXCEPT when it was 'reserved' for sailaway )

Cruise Planner people were pimpin' at their best … and not always Princess for sure

and I hope the B2B @s#H@(*) that delayed our embarkation were banned forever ...

NO future cruises booked at this time …

One of these days we will.  I kept looking for you the last night. I was in the Sanctuary the last day and made my way back to the wake view bar as well but couldn't find you either. 

Wasn't it great to see Junella again!!  She is such a sweetheart.  Bought her a big chocolate bar at the shops on the last night since she loves chocolate so much. We spent a lot of time up at Good Spirits with Hanna and Ryan.  Also too much time at Vines. We were always at the bar, not at the tables.   I really enjoyed that they allowed us to pay the difference between drink package and whatever the wine was.  Laurentiu and Milica took such great care of us.  Laurentiu told us his favorite thing at home is to pick walnuts and then eat those dipped in salt with wine.  He disappeared for a bit and then came back with walnuts and salt for us to try!  Talk about taking care of your passengers.  It was a delicious combination and one I will be repeating. 

I hated that they had Jovie working the bar outside of Princess live as there were no bar stools to hang around.  

I couldn't agree with you more on the Jazz bar.  I thought we would spend a lot of time there since I love live music and we did not.  

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

34 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Thanks for the photo. We're huge Sanctuary users and will be attempting to book when we board in April. Compared to the Regal & Royal, are there more or fewer loungers, and are more or fewer in the shade which we prefer, oand have some loungers been sacrificed to add more cabanas? I ask because I read a comment that Princess had "...doubled the number of cabanas" in the Sky's Sanctuary

Thanks for the review!

They are more cabanas and a lot less sun.  Not all the chairs had been delivered to the ship and Jandri was waiting on a delivery of quite a few more. Between the addition of the cabanas as well as the addition of a jacuzzi up front, lounge chair areas were certainly sacrificed.The entire front area on the Regal which has all those lounge chairs and a common are with seats where you could eat lunch are gone.  I really prefer the Sanctuary on the Regal over the Sky. 

Service was absolutely exceptional in the Sanctuary still and Jandri does a heck of a job.  Jandri goes out of her way to make sure you are happy.  She brought over some of the stewards from the Regal so it really was a great way to spend the day.  If Galberto is one of your stewards, you will enjoy your day.  He is a funny guy!

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

32 minutes ago, john_galt said:

Just completed my post-cruise survey. Spent all 2,000 available characters complaining about the 12/1/19 sailing 'opportunity' and how this entire scheduling fiasco was mishandled. It would have made a nice 6 day cruise. I wish circumstances had allowed us to book those additional days as a B2B. Oh, well. That'll teach me to book a cruise when there is a 3 day hole in the schedule in front of my sailing date. Lesson learned. 

Personally I feel that if they are having a ton of travel agents as well as media on board to "sell the ship", then it shouldn't be sold for the rest of us to get on.  Asking passengers to leave Good Spirits at Sea to close for a couple of hours for a private event while you already have other bar areas closed off, I'm not a fan of that.  They did not have the PES that night as well because they had a private event in there.  Tough to have 3 venues closed off when it's only a 3 night sailing. 

As voljeep stated, there were stragglers that did not get off for a long time doing the b2b.  This held us up so much that we boarded at the same time as they began boarding the elite/suite people that were joining us 12/4.  One of the things that is so cool is being on the ship when it's empty and we unfortunately didn't get that experience.   It blows my mind that people were so inconsiderate that we had to sit for 1 1/2 hours plus waiting.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

I agree with you on many points, but none more than this!  When they finally arrived in the terminal, they didn't have their passports.  Even if they don't speak English (I don't know) they surely received the same letter in their own language.  Woman waiting across from me said the crowd usually "boos" the late arrivals.  I was ready, but needed someone else to initiate the booing!  

Princess didn't want to allow us the two bottles of wine per cruise, even though we had both boarding passes in hand.  

Inaugural?  No festivities of any type.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

They are more cabanas and a lot less sun.  Not all the chairs had been delivered to the ship and Jandri was waiting on a delivery of quite a few more. Between the addition of the cabanas as well as the addition of a jacuzzi up front, lounge chair areas were certainly sacrificed.The entire front area on the Regal which has all those lounge chairs and a common are with seats where you could eat lunch are gone.  I really prefer the Sanctuary on the Regal over the Sky. 

Service was absolutely exceptional in the Sanctuary still and Jandri does a heck of a job.  Jandri goes out of her way to make sure you are happy.  She brought over some of the stewards from the Regal so it really was a great way to spend the day.  If Galberto is one of your stewards, you will enjoy your day.  He is a funny guy!

Thanks for the feedback, sounds like we will have to wait until the Sanctuary is fully "assembled" before we can really confirm whether or not it will work for us. Doesn't sound promising, I have to admit, as one of the last things I want to see in the Sanctuary is a hot tub. We. too, are big fans of the Sanctuary on the Royal class ships, particularly that far forward area around the sofas.

Please keep us up to speed and post photos if you can once the Sanctuary loungers have been put in place.

1 minute ago, lx200gps said:

Thanks for the feedback, sounds like we will have to wait until the Sanctuary is fully "assembled" before we can really confirm whether or not it will work for us. Doesn't sound promising, I have to admit, as one of the last things I want to see in the Sanctuary is a hot tub. We. too, are big fans of the Sanctuary on the Royal class ships, particularly that far forward area around the sofas.

Please keep us up to speed and post photos if you can once the Sanctuary loungers have been put in place.

My good friends will be on two sailings starting January 4 so I will have her text me some more pictures. 

58 minutes ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

I agree with you on many points, but none more than this!  When they finally arrived in the terminal, they didn't have their passports.  Even if they don't speak English (I don't know) they surely received the same letter in their own language.  Woman waiting across from me said the crowd usually "boos" the late arrivals.  I was ready, but needed someone else to initiate the booing!  

Princess didn't want to allow us the two bottles of wine per cruise, even though we had both boarding passes in hand.  

Inaugural?  No festivities of any type.   

Since they are able to find you at all times with the medallion, I was at a loss on how they didn't know exactly where they were to go get them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Does the increased thickness affect how it fits into the accessories?  I bought one of those silver bracelets on our cruise this past April and am hoping to be able to use it again.

8 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

Does the increased thickness affect how it fits into the accessories?  I bought one of those silver bracelets on our cruise this past April and am hoping to be able to use it again.

No, not at all.  It's a slight increase. 

3 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

No, not at all.  It's a slight increase. 

SKY Princess … 11/25/20 - 5 day Cozumel and Costa Maya … reunion cruise ?

Thanksgiving cruise … may put down a deposit under the Best Sale Ever on 12/11 ...

15 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

voljeep;  are you saying someone was late getting on ship; so that caused your delay boarding the ship?

a b2b person didn't show at their assigned time so EVERYONE waiting to board was delayed

this was specific to the 12/1 and 12/4 SKY Princess 3 day cruises where the culprit was on both

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, voljeep said:

a b2b person didn't show at their assigned time so EVERYONE waiting to board was delayed

this was specific to the 12/1 and 12/4 SKY Princess 3 day cruises where the culprit was on both

They didn't show up for what 1.5 hours???  I still don't know who they couldn't just go get them if they had the medallion.  Isn't the idea that they could find us always?

12 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

They didn't show up for what 1.5 hours???  I still don't know who they couldn't just go get them if they had the medallion.  Isn't the idea that they could find us always?

I would think so;  but then again; it only tracks onboard the ship; if they were off the ship then probably could not track

26 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I would think so;  but then again; it only tracks onboard the ship; if they were off the ship then probably could not track

They were still on the ship which is why we couldn't get a zero count and get cleared according to the agents in the waiting area of the terminal.  They finally came off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

SKY Princess … 11/25/20 - 5 day Cozumel and Costa Maya … reunion cruise ?

A reunion cruise would imply you have met before, no? 

Carolyn, thanks for all your input on the ship. Looking forward to our trip in late Feb, and hoping you and Steve can join us once again!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Thanks for the review!

Here is another picture showing the hot tub. 

There will eventually be some more chairs up there. 

4B270E12-2DA2-4957-A9D5-F32CEE83D4CA.jpeg

14 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

They were still on the ship which is why we couldn't get a zero count and get cleared according to the agents in the waiting area of the terminal.  They finally came off.

Got it; thanks for the clarification.  Have a great day