Am I the only one wondering where the 2021 European itineraries are?

AndreaB

I know that There is not set schedule for when HAL publishes its future cruises.  I am surprised and disappointed that we have not seen anything regarding the 2021 European itineraries. I was sure we would have them in advance of Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Has anyone heard anything?

Thanks,

AndreaB

Colorado

• Like 2

I hear you and am also curious!  I've been checking the HAL website almost every day...  my spouse currently has us booked on a Regent cruise for Summer 2021, and I am hoping (make that praying) that HAL comes out with an itinerary that will be as good so I can save a ton of money and cancel the other!!!

I too was hoping for some good deal to show or for Black Friday or Cyber Monday.  I have been waiting for the 35 day Voyage of the Vikings 2021 to show its head and got tired of checking daily SO......today I called HAL's World Cruise Dept at 1-800-522-3399 and put down a $100 per person deposit for the future cruise.  That when it does show up, I will have been notified first before the general public and given the option to go or not.  I am GUESSING that it will be on the Zaandam for 07/17/21 to 08/21/21.  The rep on the phone said she had no information as of yet.

It is such an expensive cruise I need as long as I can get to pay for it lol.  We went last year and LOVED all the cool ports...especially Norway.

I wonder if HAL is trying to unload 2019 and 2020 cruises first, before they introduce the new itineraries. If they have a lot of unsold cruises, they may be hoping people will book those during their Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale rather than going for the 2021 cruises...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I wonder if HAL is trying to unload 2019 and 2020 cruises first, before they introduce the new itineraries. If they have a lot of unsold cruises, they may be hoping people will book those during their Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale rather than going for the 2021 cruises...

That is what I think is going on.  They may want to reconsider their plans if one market is not performing as desired.  

We have been checking several time a day for the Northern Europe Cruises to be released for 2021. It seems so odd that many of the other lines have had their 2021 intineraries out for awhile now and Holland America doesn't.  

Hopefully they will be availible soon, but until then, I will just have to continue checking, and checking, and checking...

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 11:31 PM, towhee said:

Could it be that they are still negotiating with the various ports?

That was my first thought regarding the Mediterranean cruises that interest me.  Although the situation regarding Venice is not quite the total ban that was chattered about following the MSC accident earlier this year, many ships are indeed being re-routed.  I know nothing about the HAL track record in that part of the world, the tonnage of HAL ships that have been traveling to/from Venice, and what the prospects might be.

But that should not affect the Northern Europe ports, unless perhaps Brexit is also at play for some of them.  

Considering how understandably unhappy pax have been when their Cuba itinerary was suddenly disrupted, I can understand how management would want to have everything in place before firming up Europe. 

But yeah, it definitely can be a planning challenge for those waiting....

Edited by Naismith