Live from the Sky 12/4/2019 Common Thread

CruiseVA

Went out to the jetty to watch sail away. Have a great cruise, everyone!

Also have a great view from our room at the Lago Mar too! 

Andrew 

4EC26A42-F0F2-4C82-8AC1-8A80620DA988.thumb.jpeg.9dde4c8e3516a3756b76de74cef45ca8.jpeg

72D89048-EA9F-462A-9752-B8894A149541.thumb.jpeg.26ddeeedeba41b9ea4eecd701acff1eb.jpeg

CE935A86-4531-4F94-AEA5-5A3DB6716818.jpeg

Our thoughts. 

We noticed little details that didn’t seem quite up to par for our expectations of Princess. Nothing that was bad just small things. I expect as time goes on that they will get taken care of. Since we will back on board in June we didn’t try to over extend ourselves.

Always found the food in MDR to be good, at times the service was slow. (2 lunches, 2 dinners)

The ship itself is gorgeous. It took us a little bit to get the hang of where some things were.

It was our first MedallionClass voyage and overall it was a very positive experience.

There were just under 40 kids on board between 3-12. All children that we encountered were well behaved. Having one of the said children on board, we felt like there were quite a few disapproving looks by fellow guests that she was on board. They really made us giggle a little. There were far more compliments on her manners, poise, and just general behavior. The Ocean Medallion team and some individuals from Princess corporate were behind some of those compliments. 

The only show we managed to make it to was 5 Skies which we really enjoyed. 

Today was the first time I’ve ever gotten off of a ship excited. Normally I’m sad that our time has come to an end, but I left extremely excited about the chance to do it all again!!!

BEDFE828-5304-4203-89CB-40F956147B19.jpeg

ECAE21F5-1B0C-4D68-8D77-732DBE2BBAED.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TenneSea said:

"Who is John Galt " ?

If you are not being funny...

John Galt
John Galt is a character in Ayn Rand's novel Atlas Shrugged. Although he is not identified by name until the last third of the novel, he is the object of its often-repeated question "Who is John Galt?" and of the quest to discover the answer.Wikipedia

framer

• Like 1

Just completed my post-cruise survey. Spent all 2,000 available characters complaining about the 12/1/19 sailing 'opportunity' and how this entire scheduling fiasco was mishandled. It would have made a nice 6 day cruise. I wish circumstances had allowed us to book those additional days as a B2B. Oh, well. That'll teach me to book a cruise when there is a 3 day hole in the schedule in front of my sailing date. Lesson learned. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, john_galt said:

Just completed my post-cruise survey. Spent all 2,000 available characters complaining about the 12/1/19 sailing 'opportunity' and how this entire scheduling fiasco was mishandled. It would have made a nice 6 day cruise. I wish circumstances had allowed us to book those additional days as a B2B. Oh, well. That'll teach me to book a cruise when there is a 3 day hole in the schedule in front of my sailing date. Lesson learned. 

What was the problem with the 3 day hole in the schedule in front of your sailing date?  I must have missed something.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dickinson said:

What was the problem with the 3 day hole in the schedule in front of your sailing date?  I must have missed something.

A three day (12/1 to 12/4) miraculously popped into existence in front of the 12/4 sailing. Too late for me to make the changes to add this to make a B2B.  

• Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 5:19 PM, CruiseAF said:

Thank you so much, how do you like the room? 

We loved it!  Super convenient access to Lido deck food, drink, pools, & MUTS venues but ultra quiet being at front of the ship.  We made ample use of our palatial balcony - motion & wind were not issues for us but we did have absolutely perfect weather.

On 12/6/2019 at 10:00 AM, Fat Albert said:

Have you been on the Pacific? That is a wonderful library with a fireplace and window beds . The entire library is decorated like a home library in a mansion.

No I have not sailed on Pacific - makes sense that it would have a very nice library.  Of all the Princess ships, I've sailed on Coral & Island have the best - well Island did back in 2006 but I'm doubtful it does now given the atrocious changes it had a few years ago but that's just a guess on my part.

12 hours ago, macusr said:

This was L105

I had L103 on Sky’s first two cruises Oct 20 and 27.  This cabin had an angled balcony, bigger than a regular balcony.  A great location only steps away from the elevator, or hamburger, drinks, pizza, pool, buffet.  At the beginning we closed the hallway door leading to the cabins thinking it would be quieter but found that people would let the door go and it would slam so we later left the door open.  We found the area quiet.

Edited by phabric

5 minutes ago, Notonboard said:

What room type is this?

Oceanfront Suite (1 Bedroom) With Full Kitchen King Bed. Living Room offers a pullout sofa with two twin beds, two full bath, and a private balcony with ocean front view. Kitchen features a two drawer Sub Zero fridge/freezer, Wolfe Convection Microwave oven and a two burner Miele cooktop. Accommodates up to 4 persons. Approx. 817 sq. ft.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vic The Parrot said:

Is it about the size of a half-dollar? 

2 x 3 inches - rubber duck … supposed to take a pic of it and post on Face Book Duck Pirates  … 

I guess you find these ducks at different places , take the pic, and then either take the duck home with you or place it somewhere else for someone to 'find' it again ...

• Like 1